HTC one X Issue ...CAN i RETURN IT FOr an EXCHANGE

Contributor

HTC one X Issue ...CAN i RETURN IT FOr an EXCHANGE

[ Edited ]

I bought a Nokia Lumia 900 on april 22 2012. I later exhchanged Nokia Lumia 900 for HTC oOne X on May 6th 2012 and paid restocking fee on nokia lumia 900. Its 24th may 2012 today and my htc one x wont turn on. I put the phone on charge all day and it was fully charged the phone turned on. The phone was 100% charged and I left it on my table. After 6 hours my phone was dead on stand by. I drained the battery completely and charged it fully again. I am still facing the same problem. The phone on 100% charge is completely dead in 5 hours on standby. MY question is can I go and exchange this defective unit with the same HTC One X unit or am I out of the 30 day return period??????

Thanks,

Mohammed {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 6 (7,570 Views)
Expert

Re: HTC one X Issue ...CAN i RETURN IT FOr an EXCHANGE

freestyler_javed wrote:

I bought a Nokia Lumia 900 on april 22 2012. I later exhchanged Nokia Lumia 900 for HTC oOne X on May 6th 2012 and paid restocking fee on nokia lumia 900. Its 24th may 2012 today and my htc one x wont turn on. I put the phone on charge all day and it was fully charged the phone turned on. The phone was 100% charged and I left it on my table. After 6 hours my phone was dead on stand by. I drained the battery completely and charged it fully again. I am still facing the same problem. The phone on 100% charge is completely dead in 5 hours on standby. MY question is can I go and exchange this defective unit with the same HTC One X unit or am I out of the 30 day return period??????

Thanks,

Mohammed {Personal content removed for your safety}

If I understand you right - the 30 day buyers remorse is a onetime shot only, now if you are hacving a problem you need to handle it through warrenty

Message 2 of 6 (7,551 Views)
Mentor

At&t's return policy http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp 

Your HTX one X sounds life it could be a defective device, online if you search for the battery life, it says that the phone should last all day. http://comparebatterylife.com/htc-one-x-battery-life-review/

Have you download alot of applications? Call customer service 611 or go to the store to troubleshoot your phone. Your phone comes with 1 year warranty 

go to this link for defective device issues 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB99619#fbid=tUzJkiz3XME

Return a Defective Device

The defective device must be returned within 14 days of receiving the replacement. If the device returned is determined not to be eligible for the Online Warranty Exchange program, you will be charged for the replacement device. This charge will be disclosed to you as part of your acceptance of the AT&T Online Warranty Exchange Conditions and Disclosures.

Message 3 of 6 (7,534 Views)
Mentor

Also there is no restocking fee when you buy phones from online on att.com website or 611 customer care representives, the reason the store has a restocking fee is because you had your hands on the phone to try it out before buying your new phone.

Message 4 of 6 (7,532 Views)
Expert

mejoey1 wrote:

At&t's return policy http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp 

Your HTX one X sounds life it could be a defective device, online if you search for the battery life, it says that the phone should last all day. http://comparebatterylife.com/htc-one-x-battery-life-review/

Have you download alot of applications? Call customer service 611 or go to the store to troubleshoot your phone. Your phone comes with 1 year warranty 

go to this link for defective device issues 

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB99619#fbid=tUzJkiz3XME

Return a Defective Device

The defective device must be returned within 14 days of receiving the replacement. If the device returned is determined not to be eligible for the Online Warranty Exchange program, you will be charged for the replacement device. This charge will be disclosed to you as part of your acceptance of the AT&T Online Warranty Exchange Conditions and Disclosures.

battery life is variable, what is claimed in reports can vary greatly from what is actually recieved, the majority of reviews determine battery life on stock phones, not in considering real world usage - as with EPA fule mileage ratings take them all with a grain of salt - those numbers are determined with a new device straight out of box in factory delievered condition, not in real world usage.

Best the OP can do now is warrenty replace it, they are out of the 30 day buyers remorse and they have already used it to switch from the hphome they originally picked out.

Message 5 of 6 (7,494 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

On my phone I turned off my background data and it stops all my apps from draining my battery unless I access them. If you turn off background data, the phone tells me I have to turn on Background data if I want to use an app on my phone. Then I have to go back to my setting and turn the Background data back off after I am done with my phone. Alittle more time consuming but it saves my battery life.

1. From the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap the Accounts & Sync option.
    NOTE: This option may also be called Accounts or Accounts and Sync, depending on your phone.
  3. Tap the desired account. I unchecked Background data and Auto-sync
  4. Tap to check (enable) or uncheck (disable) the desired synchronization options for your account.
    NOTE: Synchronization options will vary depending on the account type, installed applications, and application capabilities.
  5. Your changes will automatically be saved. Press the Home key to return to the home screen
Message 6 of 6 (7,410 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.