HTC inspire email notifications

Contributor

HTC inspire email notifications

I have an HTC inspire, and I am trying to get my email notifications.  I can only see that I have a new email when I manually go into my email, click refresh, and then the email appears.  I really don't like having to constantly open my email account to see if there's a new email.  I would prefer to receive some type of notification; then I can go in to the email account to view the new email.  I would like for my phone to alert me when I have an email, similar to a text message.  Also, this is the Microsoft Exchange Activesync email account.

Message 1 of 2 (932 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: HTC inspire email notifications

quitced wrote:

I have an HTC inspire, and I am trying to get my email notifications.  I can only see that I have a new email when I manually go into my email, click refresh, and then the email appears.  I really don't like having to constantly open my email account to see if there's a new email.  I would prefer to receive some type of notification; then I can go in to the email account to view the new email.  I would like for my phone to alert me when I have an email, similar to a text message.  Also, this is the Microsoft Exchange Activesync email account.

I use the native (stock) email access. Here's what I did.

Open the email icon, press menu. Press more. Press settings. Press notification settings. You should see three settings, 1, email notifications, 2, notification sound, and 3, notification vibrate. I make sure there are check marks in the three boxes, that way I can feel my Inspire vibrate in my pocket, I can hear it if it's not in my pocket, and there is an icon in the status bar when there is a new email.

If you use the Gmail access, here what you need to do.

Open the Gmail icon, press menu, press more. Press settings, press the gmail account address, xxx@gmail.com. Scroll down to Notification settings. Make sure there is a check mark in the "email notifications" box. 

Now id you want to make sure that there is a sound when a new email comes in, go to settings, sound, scroll down to "Notifications" and press that to open notification sounds. Press them to hear what then sound like. Once you get the one you like, make sure that it is selected, (it is marked on the right side) and press apply.

Hopefully that works for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 2 (907 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.