HTC inspire 3rd party apps

Contributor

HTC inspire 3rd party apps

[ Edited ]

I don't have the ability to uncheck the unknown sources box, in fact it does not even show up. I read something about a softwareupdate on this forum, but it just keeps giving me a server error. I just got the phone last week so I would assume it was up to date anyways.

Can I do 3rd party apps with this phone? I just tried doing the wifi update and it says no updates are available

Message 1 of 2 (523 Views)
Professor

Re: HTC inspire 3rd party apps

[ Edited ]

The update has to be pushed out to your device by AT&T.  Its discussed on the last couple pages of the following thread:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Inspire-4G-OTA-update-for-Sideloading/td-p/2766267

There's a trick on the last page of that thread (Post 31), where if you change the date on your phone ahead a few weeks, it will apparently "trick" AT&T's system into pushing the update to you faster, rather than waiting for it to arrive.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to call AT&T customer service.  Ask to be transferred to the department that can push out the update (to load 3rd party apps) to your individual device.

Message 2 of 2 (510 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.