Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 14, 2011
10:07:57 AM
View profile
HTC inspire 3rd party apps
Edited by Theredball on Jul 14, 2011 at 10:46:56 AM

I don't have the ability to uncheck the unknown sources box, in fact it does not even show up. I read something about a softwareupdate on this forum, but it just keeps giving me a server error. I just got the phone last week so I would assume it was up to date anyways.

Can I do 3rd party apps with this phone? I just tried doing the wifi update and it says no updates are available

I don't have the ability to uncheck the unknown sources box, in fact it does not even show up. I read something about a softwareupdate on this forum, but it just keeps giving me a server error. I just got the phone last week so I would assume it was up to date anyways.

Can I do 3rd party apps with this phone? I just tried doing the wifi update and it says no updates are available

HTC inspire 3rd party apps

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2011 11:12:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Jul 14, 2011 at 11:17:14 AM

The update has to be pushed out to your device by AT&T.  Its discussed on the last couple pages of the following thread:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Inspire-4G-OTA-update-for-Sideloading/td-p/2766267

There's a trick on the last page of that thread (Post 31), where if you change the date on your phone ahead a few weeks, it will apparently "trick" AT&T's system into pushing the update to you faster, rather than waiting for it to arrive.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to call AT&T customer service.  Ask to be transferred to the department that can push out the update (to load 3rd party apps) to your individual device.

The update has to be pushed out to your device by AT&T.  Its discussed on the last couple pages of the following thread:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Inspire-4G-OTA-update-for-Sideloading/td-p/2766267

There's a trick on the last page of that thread (Post 31), where if you change the date on your phone ahead a few weeks, it will apparently "trick" AT&T's system into pushing the update to you faster, rather than waiting for it to arrive.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to call AT&T customer service.  Ask to be transferred to the department that can push out the update (to load 3rd party apps) to your individual device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC inspire 3rd party apps

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (507 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments