HTC freestyle texting issues

Contributor

HTC freestyle texting issues

I've had my freestyle for about two weeks and it's an amazing phone, but recently i started getting multiples of the same text from the same person when they're not sending multiples. It also has some issues with not marking texts as unread. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 14 (6,350 Views)
Tutor

Re: HTC freestyle texting issues

I too am having issues with the Freestyle getting multiple messages. This is my second one in the week i've owned it and im very displeased. Hope i don't have to go to a third phone just to see it do the same thing. This is getting really dumb. It better get fixed.

Message 2 of 14 (6,214 Views)
Contributor

I am also experiencing this problem. It is obviously a problem with the phone itself as many other people are complaining about this, including my sister who got the phone the same time as I did. I've even received as many as 6 duplicate text messages; that is a bit ridiculous. If this problem isn't fixed (with an update) then I'll have to return the phone. It's a shame because the freestyle is such a great concept, and I really do like it. However, since I primarily use it for texting, this is just too much of a problem for me to overlook. 

Message 3 of 14 (6,144 Views)
Teacher

I also receive duplicate texts on occasion(not always). Is there a firmware upgrade maybe?

Message 4 of 14 (6,028 Views)
Contributor

YES, exactly what I'm experiencing. Duplicates or triplicates texts all the time, and even worse, some messages are very delayed. I've received texts hours after they're sent, and in a couple cases, the next day. Absolutely needs a fix here.

Message 5 of 14 (5,995 Views)
Contributor

I get delayed texting also  In addition, does anyone know if you can increase the font on the text screen.  I like this phone but the text size is very small.

Message 6 of 14 (5,942 Views)
Contributor

Same issue here. Duplicate texts and/or delayed texts. Very irritating, as I love the idea of it, but I text often so this issue is driving me crazy. 

Message 7 of 14 (5,301 Views)
Contributor

Same issue here!

Message 8 of 14 (5,038 Views)
Tutor

Still having issues with duplicate texts!!

Message 9 of 14 (4,660 Views)
Teacher

Same here, last I checked. This is very disappointing.

Message 10 of 14 (4,506 Views)
Mentor

same here dup got phone june 16th

Message 11 of 14 (2,366 Views)
Contributor

Have you guys been having issues with receiving messages because your memory is full? Cause its doin that to me and idk how to fix it. I was gonna see if you guys knew how.

Message 12 of 14 (2,101 Views)
Contributor

I have the same issues, I sometimes get 3 or 4 of the same text, and my contacts aren't resending.  Sometimes its right in a row, other times its varied...but its annoying...haha!!!!  I wonder if they are counted towards our messaging.  I wish someone from ATT would respond.  I have called customer service,and they don't seem to know what i am talking about..

Message 13 of 14 (2,024 Views)
Contributor

I have found a temporary solution that works for me with the duplicate texting issues.

I find that deleting old messages even if its not full dramatically reduces the occurence of multiples. And not just deleting them from your inbox, also deleting them from the deleted items folder. I try to keep my phone below the 100 messages mark. It also helped me to delete all the drafts.

Message 14 of 14 (1,847 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.