HTC Vivid - Disappointing Performance

HTC Vivid - Disappointing Performance

I've now seen two different side by side comparisons with the Samsung Skyrocket,

Other than the better display and build quality on the Vivid, the Skyrocket beats it on:

1.) Benchmark tests
2.) Download speeds
3.) Battery life

Disappointing!

Message 1 of 56
Scholar

Re: HTC Vivid - Disappointing Performance

Android version- 4.0.3
HTC Sense version- 3.6
Software Number- 3.26
Message 16 of 56
Scholar

How did you update to ICS?
Message 17 of 56
Mentor

From Settings / AT&T Software Update ... I had heard that there was an update when I read some board.

Message 18 of 56
Mentor

I see it now, didn't know there was software # AND android version #

Android version- 4.0.3
HTC Sense version- 3.6
Software Number- 3.26.502.56 710RD

Message 19 of 56
Scholar

Ok, did u update threw pc or wifi? Also did u do the official update or the *#*#682#*#*
Message 20 of 56
Mentor

Wifi, I don't know whaat  *#*#682#*#* is so it must have been official.

Funny, I just saw that my profile was out of date saying that I was using a Moto Q lol

Message 21 of 56
Scholar

Then i dont see how apps are acting up unless u were messing with the phone while it was updating. You do know to take out the battery atleast once a day. That is a help to the phone.
Message 22 of 56
Mentor

The HTC guy said to disable fast startup but taking out the battery makes sense, I know what that does.

I also had a problem where if I was using wifi and charging phone, audio on my bluetooth headset  would break up. I do use my phone a lot though, like it was a tablet Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 56
Scholar

No, wow, dont disable fast startup. I have fast startup on, and i dont see any problems so far.
Message 24 of 56
Scholar

Also, another question. What APN are you running on? The phones came with the locked APN, but i have an APN that i got from AT&T if you need it.
Message 25 of 56
Mentor

I was told that fast startup lets some apps continue running even though the phone restarts or shuts down, disabling it is like pulling the battery adter shutdown, I think.

I'm not sure what an APN is and what it would do. My current problem is that with wifi on, if I charge, my wifi headset gets choppy. I just urned off wifi, listening to pandora.

Message 26 of 56
Mentor

also not sure how to find my APN in settings, I looked, and googled but no luck. 

Message 27 of 56
Scholar

To find your APN you click on "mobile networks" and youll see data roaming, access point names and network operators. Then click on access point names and it will most likely say PTN and it will be locked.
Message 28 of 56
Scholar

Your APN is a network identifier, specifically APN identifies an IP PDN. APN is basically used to define the type of service that WAP Server is provided.
Message 29 of 56
Scholar

Changing your phone from a PTA to APN HSPA+ will help, it did mine. I had the same problem with connection and wifi, so i changed the APN an now network and wifi works fantastic on the new APN. But there is information you need to complete the new HSPA+ APN
Message 30 of 56
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support