Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2010
4:38:16 PM
View profile
HTC Tilt Nightmare with freezing up !

My daughters phone is a freezing nightmare !! Only had is a couple months, it started freezing soon after we got it thought is was no biggie cause my iphone does too, but it has only gotten worse !!!!Smiley Mad  When we call at&t they dont give us a real solution except send phone back for another of the same phone...I do not want another one as I am reading these phones are known for this problem.  Isnt there a download or something to fix the freezinig up ?? Also when I get a phone call the caller id says who it is but if I miss the call and when I finally see it it says unknown caller and I have them stored in my phone so it should still say who called ???? Someone please help I am fed up with this HTC Tilt !!!!

My daughters phone is a freezing nightmare !! Only had is a couple months, it started freezing soon after we got it thought is was no biggie cause my iphone does too, but it has only gotten worse !!!!Smiley Mad  When we call at&t they dont give us a real solution except send phone back for another of the same phone...I do not want another one as I am reading these phones are known for this problem.  Isnt there a download or something to fix the freezinig up ?? Also when I get a phone call the caller id says who it is but if I miss the call and when I finally see it it says unknown caller and I have them stored in my phone so it should still say who called ???? Someone please help I am fed up with this HTC Tilt !!!!

HTC Tilt Nightmare with freezing up !

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 4:55:00 AM
(0)
Guru

If you've only had it a few months, presumably it's the Tilt 2 and not the Tilt?  If so, have you installed the updated ROM?  You can read in other threads about any issues users have had with or after the update, but it does appear to address what you're describing.

This is from the page for the update on HTC's site:

What’s included:

• HTC Sense replaces TouchFlo 3D
  • Ability to Format the SD Card directly in the device
  • Inconsistent Caller ID function Hotfix
  • TILT 2 Freezes in SMS application Hotfix
  • Phantom SMS/MMS Count Hotfix
  • Overall improvement in the devices stability/operation
  • Built-in AT&T WiFi Client
  • Built-in Vlingo voice app
  • Improved email & messaging experience
  • Improved music & calendar experience
  • Built-in Twitter application
  • Built in IM client
  • AOL, MSN, Yahoo 

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

If you've only had it a few months, presumably it's the Tilt 2 and not the Tilt?  If so, have you installed the updated ROM?  You can read in other threads about any issues users have had with or after the update, but it does appear to address what you're describing.

This is from the page for the update on HTC's site:

What’s included:

• HTC Sense replaces TouchFlo 3D
  • Ability to Format the SD Card directly in the device
  • Inconsistent Caller ID function Hotfix
  • TILT 2 Freezes in SMS application Hotfix
  • Phantom SMS/MMS Count Hotfix
  • Overall improvement in the devices stability/operation
  • Built-in AT&T WiFi Client
  • Built-in Vlingo voice app
  • Improved email & messaging experience
  • Improved music & calendar experience
  • Built-in Twitter application
  • Built in IM client
  • AOL, MSN, Yahoo 

Re: HTC Tilt Nightmare with freezing up !

2 of 6 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2010 5:51:55 AM
(0)
Professor

The post above has hit the nail on the head.  There is a fix for this problem and it is in the ROM update provided by HTC.  Do not be afraid of the process.  It is very easy and you are not risking your phone.  Apply the ROM update and enjoy the phone.  It is a nice handset.  I gave a star to the poster above, but I don't know how to recommend as a "solution".

The post above has hit the nail on the head.  There is a fix for this problem and it is in the ROM update provided by HTC.  Do not be afraid of the process.  It is very easy and you are not risking your phone.  Apply the ROM update and enjoy the phone.  It is a nice handset.  I gave a star to the poster above, but I don't know how to recommend as a "solution".

3 of 6 (1,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 9:11:04 AM
(0)
Teacher

thank you will try it today I downloaded the update to my pc just need to hook phone up to it. Afraid of loosing everything on my phone as I am not sure how to sync my phone to pc so I can save everything....

thank you will try it today I downloaded the update to my pc just need to hook phone up to it. Afraid of loosing everything on my phone as I am not sure how to sync my phone to pc so I can save everything....

4 of 6 (1,157 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 5:27:28 PM
(0)
Mentor

how do i check if i have the latest ROM already.  My phone is brand new. (2 wks old).  I get the black screen and power button or nothing else wakes it up and holding power button also does nothing.  Charging it (even though it already has a full charge - does wake it back up).  Always happens when i am running a resource hog chess program called pocket fritz (but samsung epix WM 6.1 handled the program flawlessly).  Anyway, just wanna find out which ROM I have.

how do i check if i have the latest ROM already.  My phone is brand new. (2 wks old).  I get the black screen and power button or nothing else wakes it up and holding power button also does nothing.  Charging it (even though it already has a full charge - does wake it back up).  Always happens when i am running a resource hog chess program called pocket fritz (but samsung epix WM 6.1 handled the program flawlessly).  Anyway, just wanna find out which ROM I have.

5 of 6 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2010 12:08:42 AM
(0)
Guru

http://www.htc.com/us/support/tilt-2-att/downloads/

Right above the "Download" link for the update, there's a "more" link.  Click that, and it will give all you need to know.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/tilt-2-att/downloads/

Right above the "Download" link for the update, there's a "more" link.  Click that, and it will give all you need to know.

6 of 6 (990 Views)