Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 13, 2012
9:42:52 AM
View profile
HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

Yesterday I noticed the beginnings of a problem with my USB connection. I cannot establish a reliable connection for charging or data. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes wiggling the cable is necessary to connect, then I hold my breath hoping to keep the connection. There are also some cables I know to be good (including chargers) which completely refuse to connect.

Is this common problem or did I just get lucky? Anything I can do about it? I suspect I'm screwed here, since I bought the phone second hand with no apparent warranty.

Yesterday I noticed the beginnings of a problem with my USB connection. I cannot establish a reliable connection for charging or data. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes wiggling the cable is necessary to connect, then I hold my breath hoping to keep the connection. There are also some cables I know to be good (including chargers) which completely refuse to connect.

Is this common problem or did I just get lucky? Anything I can do about it? I suspect I'm screwed here, since I bought the phone second hand with no apparent warranty.

HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2012 10:42:47 AM
(0)
Teacher

Its the way the phone is.....I have 1 of them with the same exact issue. Most horrid phone that ATT ever sold...we paid $50 for the phone on contract....they refused to fix (no physicall damage, others having same issue) after owning for 2 weeks. We paid $350 to cancel everything that we had wih ATT. so.....good luck, sorry.

Its the way the phone is.....I have 1 of them with the same exact issue. Most horrid phone that ATT ever sold...we paid $50 for the phone on contract....they refused to fix (no physicall damage, others having same issue) after owning for 2 weeks. We paid $350 to cancel everything that we had wih ATT. so.....good luck, sorry.

Re: HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

2 of 3 (304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2012 11:04:22 AM
(0)
Employee
Happened to my HTC Evo on sprint, they claimed it was damaged and I had to use insurance. There was no damage.
Happened to my HTC Evo on sprint, they claimed it was damaged and I had to use insurance. There was no damage.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

3 of 3 (300 Views)