HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

Teacher

HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

Yesterday I noticed the beginnings of a problem with my USB connection. I cannot establish a reliable connection for charging or data. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes wiggling the cable is necessary to connect, then I hold my breath hoping to keep the connection. There are also some cables I know to be good (including chargers) which completely refuse to connect.

Is this common problem or did I just get lucky? Anything I can do about it? I suspect I'm screwed here, since I bought the phone second hand with no apparent warranty.

Message 1 of 3
Teacher

Re: HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

Its the way the phone is.....I have 1 of them with the same exact issue. Most horrid phone that ATT ever sold...we paid $50 for the phone on contract....they refused to fix (no physicall damage, others having same issue) after owning for 2 weeks. We paid $350 to cancel everything that we had wih ATT. so.....good luck, sorry.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: HTC Status USB Connector Going Bad?

Happened to my HTC Evo on sprint, they claimed it was damaged and I had to use insurance. There was no damage.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support