HTC Status Data Usage is terrrrible! How do i control it?

Contributor

HTC Status Data Usage is terrrrible! How do i control it?

Ok, so what counts as data usage?

2. how do i know when im using data?

3. how do i control my data?

4. does messaging and calling help as data?

please help! 

Message 1 of 29 (3,290 Views)
Teacher

Re: HTC Status Data Usage is terrrrible! How do i control it?

My wife has 3 apps that she uses. 2 of them are on the SD card, and it says that Facebook cannot be moved to the card.....I think its an att issue, there are a bunch of their apps that can't be uninstalled.....
Message 16 of 29 (2,742 Views)
Scholar

3 apps and the internal memory is full? Not sure what your wife has on her phone, but with your example of FB that is only 15mb in size maybe she needs to remove a few things from the phones memory. I have 10 apps sitting in the phone memory that I down loaded with all kinds of room for more.

I guess what I am saying is this isn't a computer and if she has 3 apps that are taking up the phones memory and can't be moved to the card then she has to rethink what is important to have and not to have for apps... After all "games" are not the important apps if she is worrying about gettimg a FB app on her phone.

I still stand by what I said, it isn't a phone problem, for more then one reason, but the main one is, there is lots of room on the phones internal memory for apps. Check your memory management settings, again if you haven't.

Message 17 of 29 (2,732 Views)
Teacher

2 of the apps are on the SD Card...facebook comes with the phone. Weight Watchers is one app, and Zedge ringtones is another (she has 2 ringtones downloaded on the SD card also). She also doesnt play games. When we clear up the memory, I constantly have force stop the ATT apps from running, we get about 10MB of free space and then about 3 days later its full. She also cleans out her text messages daily, and pics are stored on the SD card.

Message 18 of 29 (2,729 Views)
Teacher

she does not use the phone for email either
Message 19 of 29 (2,728 Views)
Scholar

Well all I can say is either those apps are very large or you have alot more apps on that phone from ATT then I do.
Message 20 of 29 (2,725 Views)
Scholar

I had to check my internal memory to make sure I wasn't blowing smoke or thinking I was wrong... I have 768mb of memory on my internal mem left. Something is wrong here and it isn't the info I'm giving. I'll let others speak up here, I'm done.
Message 21 of 29 (2,760 Views)
Teacher

You cant have that much internal memory....

taken from ATT website:
Up to 512 MB (with 120 MB user accessible memory) 

Message 22 of 29 (2,756 Views)
Scholar

I can only tell you what the phone is telling me and I was wrong, its 783mb available.

Here is a pic I just took a few minutes ago.

Message 23 of 29 (2,742 Views)
Teacher

Thats an Inspire, not a Status...

Message 24 of 29 (2,738 Views)
Scholar

Wow I am so sorry, I thought I seen inspire when the subject changed to storage data. Again sorry, my bad.
Message 25 of 29 (2,730 Views)
Teacher

No worries.

Message 26 of 29 (2,727 Views)
Master

Even the 120 MB of user available memory is more than enough for several applications. I had the HTC Aria once and it had about 130 MB of user memory. I am sure that I had approximately 30 or so applications on it before it reached 30 MB left.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > press the menu button > select sort by size

Note the largest applications and report back here.

If we know which ones are taking up the space, we can offer suggestions for reducing their size.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 29 (2,721 Views)
Teacher

The ones that show up the first, are all ATT, and HTC programs.

Message 28 of 29 (2,716 Views)
Highlighted
Master

dcjes wrote:

The ones that show up the first, are all ATT, and HTC programs.

But which ones? Was the cache cleared?
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 29 (2,714 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.