Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2010
12:37:18 PM
View profile
HTC Sense and WIndows Phone 7

The rumors are that this version of HTC Sense will be released on the HTC Schubert. What ever phone it is released on, I want it! Smiley Happy It looks gorgeous.

The rumors are that this version of HTC Sense will be released on the HTC Schubert. What ever phone it is released on, I want it! Smiley Happy It looks gorgeous.

HTC Sense and WIndows Phone 7

13 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(13)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 12:55:55 PM
(0)
Master

Now, THAT's a phone I could get excited about.  Smiley Happy

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Now, THAT's a phone I could get excited about.  Smiley Happy

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Re: HTC Sense and WIndows Phone 7

2 of 14 (3,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2010 3:53:08 PM
(0)
Expert

looks nice, now when are the phones hitting the streets

looks nice, now when are the phones hitting the streets

3 of 14 (3,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 11:19:14 AM
(0)
Professor

Here is a video of the actual phone. Loving it.

Here is a video of the actual phone. Loving it.

4 of 14 (3,544 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 4:24:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

I wonder is that will be similar to how HTC will integrate Sense into Android 3.0 since that version of Android is supposed to not allow custom skins.  I like the idea of widgets as opposed to baking the skins in in Android.

I wonder is that will be similar to how HTC will integrate Sense into Android 3.0 since that version of Android is supposed to not allow custom skins.  I like the idea of widgets as opposed to baking the skins in in Android.

5 of 14 (3,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2010 8:40:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

Looks 'pretty', and while I like the effects, I wonder how much this will tax the processor. Still think the WM7 setup looks like a dumbed down version of older WM, just with larger buttons on the front and a bit more flash. They added more glitz and shine to make it Microsoft Xbox friendly......

Looks 'pretty', and while I like the effects, I wonder how much this will tax the processor. Still think the WM7 setup looks like a dumbed down version of older WM, just with larger buttons on the front and a bit more flash. They added more glitz and shine to make it Microsoft Xbox friendly......

6 of 14 (3,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2010 4:06:03 AM
(0)
Expert

diagoro wrote:

http://www.winsupersite.com/mobile/

diagoro wrote:

http://www.winsupersite.com/mobile/

7 of 14 (3,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2010 5:45:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

Check out this thread on xda develepers.  Sweet mod the mimics WP7.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781455

8 of 14 (3,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 4:54:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Don't tell me HTC is going to be allowed to ruin windows phone with their trash HTC sense interface.  My wife has an Android phone and HTC sense is junk compared to IOS. 

Don't tell me HTC is going to be allowed to ruin windows phone with their trash HTC sense interface.  My wife has an Android phone and HTC sense is junk compared to IOS. 

9 of 14 (2,877 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 6:51:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

alderran wrote:

I doubt Sense will "ruin" anything, since most versions of Sense allow you to easily turn it off if you want a different interface.  And there is a way to disable it on any Android phone, if you look around a bit.

I like Sense, since I prefer for my homescreen to display actual useful information.  Sense allows you to show appointments, status toggles, app shortcuts however you prefer.  Its not locked into a near useless and completely non-customizable screen of app shortcuts like iOS.  And iOS still doesn't do lots of things, like true multi-tasking.

alderran wrote:

I doubt Sense will "ruin" anything, since most versions of Sense allow you to easily turn it off if you want a different interface.  And there is a way to disable it on any Android phone, if you look around a bit.

I like Sense, since I prefer for my homescreen to display actual useful information.  Sense allows you to show appointments, status toggles, app shortcuts however you prefer.  Its not locked into a near useless and completely non-customizable screen of app shortcuts like iOS.  And iOS still doesn't do lots of things, like true multi-tasking.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 14 (2,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 7:33:32 AM
(0)
Expert

UHmump95 wrote:

they say the imitation is the highest form of praise...

UHmump95 wrote:

they say the imitation is the highest form of praise...

11 of 14 (1,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 8:14:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm really concerned with how this beautiful display is going to affect the battery life.  I highly doubt that you can get an efficient battery life of 6 talk hours while all that crap is running, just to check the weather.  To be honest, there's nothing really practical about having such a detailed and animated weather display, especially if it's going to kill your battery life so you can't talk.  I mean, I love the idea that I can get my Xbox LIVE info on my cell, but isn't the main form and function of a phone to be for calling?  If I can't call because my LIVE avatar is left my battery life at 10%, then how can I get calls from family and clients?

I'm really concerned with how this beautiful display is going to affect the battery life.  I highly doubt that you can get an efficient battery life of 6 talk hours while all that crap is running, just to check the weather.  To be honest, there's nothing really practical about having such a detailed and animated weather display, especially if it's going to kill your battery life so you can't talk.  I mean, I love the idea that I can get my Xbox LIVE info on my cell, but isn't the main form and function of a phone to be for calling?  If I can't call because my LIVE avatar is left my battery life at 10%, then how can I get calls from family and clients?

12 of 14 (1,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 4:20:29 AM
(0)
Expert

gamercents wrote:

you want high end displays, eye candy, gimmicks, glitz and immediate capabailities something has to give. Battery technology has come a long way but it is finite.

would love to see a version of the Windows 7 phone with absolutely NO additional apps that are not directly business related, no xbox, no xune, nothing. Then again that will never happen. want a non-animated weather, don;t use the built in app, go to a local tv station or papers's website with the brower and check the weather there - no animation, no glitz or eye candy.

If you want your battery to last, remember to shutdown the apps after you finish with them, use the straming apps sparingly. Have a habit on the personal iphone that I go through and manually shutdown all the apps sitting in task manager every so often.

gamercents wrote:

you want high end displays, eye candy, gimmicks, glitz and immediate capabailities something has to give. Battery technology has come a long way but it is finite.

would love to see a version of the Windows 7 phone with absolutely NO additional apps that are not directly business related, no xbox, no xune, nothing. Then again that will never happen. want a non-animated weather, don;t use the built in app, go to a local tv station or papers's website with the brower and check the weather there - no animation, no glitz or eye candy.

If you want your battery to last, remember to shutdown the apps after you finish with them, use the straming apps sparingly. Have a habit on the personal iphone that I go through and manually shutdown all the apps sitting in task manager every so often.

13 of 14 (1,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2010 9:06:45 PM
(0)
Mentor

gamercents wrote:

funny enough many folks use their phones for much more than talking now a days.  i personally go days without actually speaking on my phone.  but i still seem to be able to communicate with folks.  i wonder how that works?

gamercents wrote:

funny enough many folks use their phones for much more than talking now a days.  i personally go days without actually speaking on my phone.  but i still seem to be able to communicate with folks.  i wonder how that works?

14 of 14 (1,644 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments