Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 9, 2012
5:24:37 PM
View profile
HTC One X -- "No SIM card" error message

About three months ago I got an HTC One X and am pleased with it; I've had almost no troubles. Then, yesterday, after being on standby in my pocket for several hours, it gave me a "No SIM card" message when I next unlocked it. I've removed and reinserted the SIM card numerous times now, have wiggled it and pressed on the phone's casing in the SIM card slot, et cetera, and it's still telling me the card's not there. I got the phone from an AT&T store and the SIM card was sold with it.

All of the troubleshooting help I've encountered online is either dealing with brand new phones that have never worked, SIM cards from previous phones that were cut down to size, or how to unblock a SIM card with a PUK code. Do I really have to take the phone back to an AT&T store to be replaced/repaired or is there something else I can do? 

About three months ago I got an HTC One X and am pleased with it; I've had almost no troubles. Then, yesterday, after being on standby in my pocket for several hours, it gave me a "No SIM card" message when I next unlocked it. I've removed and reinserted the SIM card numerous times now, have wiggled it and pressed on the phone's casing in the SIM card slot, et cetera, and it's still telling me the card's not there. I got the phone from an AT&T store and the SIM card was sold with it.

All of the troubleshooting help I've encountered online is either dealing with brand new phones that have never worked, SIM cards from previous phones that were cut down to size, or how to unblock a SIM card with a PUK code. Do I really have to take the phone back to an AT&T store to be replaced/repaired or is there something else I can do? 

HTC One X -- "No SIM card" error message

90 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(90)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2012 6:04:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Could just be a bad SIM card.  You should be able to get one for free from an AT&T store.  Might not be the problem, but as its a free and quick fix, its a good place to continue trouble shooting. 

Could also be the SIM tray has broken or gone faulty over time, which would require a device replacement.  But let's hope its just the SIM and go from there.

Could just be a bad SIM card.  You should be able to get one for free from an AT&T store.  Might not be the problem, but as its a free and quick fix, its a good place to continue trouble shooting. 

Could also be the SIM tray has broken or gone faulty over time, which would require a device replacement.  But let's hope its just the SIM and go from there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC One X -- "No SIM card" error message

2 of 91 (99,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 12:32:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem. I got the HTC One X+ just a few weeks ago and have started seeing "No SIM card" errors starting about a week ago. The first time, I thought it was a fluke. But now it's happening repeatedly and randomly. It's either the phone or something with AT&T.

I'm having the exact same problem. I got the HTC One X+ just a few weeks ago and have started seeing "No SIM card" errors starting about a week ago. The first time, I thought it was a fluke. But now it's happening repeatedly and randomly. It's either the phone or something with AT&T.

3 of 91 (95,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 6:11:52 PM
(0)
Contributor
My husband and I both have this problem several times per day, despite having the SIM card replaced in hopes of correcting the issue. I suspect it's a design problem with the phone.
My husband and I both have this problem several times per day, despite having the SIM card replaced in hopes of correcting the issue. I suspect it's a design problem with the phone.

4 of 91 (95,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 6:38:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wendyld wrote:

Probably more likely a hardware defect of software glitch.  Since you've already tried a new SIM, I would suggest backing up any personal data and doing a factory reset.  If the problem still persists after a factory reset, take it back for a replacement.  They will exchange for a brand new phone if the purchase was within the last 30 days.  Take care of it soon, as after 30 days, you have to send it in for replacement.  Which will leave you without a phone for a bit, and they will also probably give you a refurbished phone (not a new one).

wendyld wrote:

Probably more likely a hardware defect of software glitch.  Since you've already tried a new SIM, I would suggest backing up any personal data and doing a factory reset.  If the problem still persists after a factory reset, take it back for a replacement.  They will exchange for a brand new phone if the purchase was within the last 30 days.  Take care of it soon, as after 30 days, you have to send it in for replacement.  Which will leave you without a phone for a bit, and they will also probably give you a refurbished phone (not a new one).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 91 (95,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2013 10:26:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having the same problem, I'm on SIM Card #3 or 4 at this point. I called about an exchange & was told I'd get a reconditioned phone instead of a new one. Then the lady tried to talk me thru the whole process of switching my info over, her explanation was very confusing. I'm just gonna wait a bit & see how everything turns out, was told I have a year for the warranty.
I'm having the same problem, I'm on SIM Card #3 or 4 at this point. I called about an exchange & was told I'd get a reconditioned phone instead of a new one. Then the lady tried to talk me thru the whole process of switching my info over, her explanation was very confusing. I'm just gonna wait a bit & see how everything turns out, was told I have a year for the warranty.

6 of 91 (94,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2013 8:19:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

this is likely the cause of a hardware problem HTC has had in years prior.  there is a notorious problem with some of the antenna springs weakening and allowing the antenna to slighty dislodge and lose signal.  for the One X, i think ti was a bigger problem on earlier phone mode runs than it was on later ones, but I can't specifically recall what i read about it previously.  go to Settings > About > Phone Identity and check your device serial number.  If it starts with HT24 or HT25, you may have one of the earlier models and be more likely to see this type of problem.  If it's an HT26 or later, than it may be more likely that your issue is rooted in something else.

this is likely the cause of a hardware problem HTC has had in years prior.  there is a notorious problem with some of the antenna springs weakening and allowing the antenna to slighty dislodge and lose signal.  for the One X, i think ti was a bigger problem on earlier phone mode runs than it was on later ones, but I can't specifically recall what i read about it previously.  go to Settings > About > Phone Identity and check your device serial number.  If it starts with HT24 or HT25, you may have one of the earlier models and be more likely to see this type of problem.  If it's an HT26 or later, than it may be more likely that your issue is rooted in something else.

7 of 91 (93,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2013 8:49:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am having the same problem.  I bought this HTC one X+ just a week after they released.  It worked without any issues for 2 weeks and i started seeing "NO SIM Card" message frequently.  I contacted the customer care.  I am asked to get a new SIM card to see if it fixes the issue.  I got one new sim card from the att store but it did not solve the issue.  

I contacted customer care again.  They asked me to do Factory restore.  I did.  But it did not solve the issue again.  I started seeing NO SIM card message very frequently than before.  Like two or three times a day.  So, I contacted customer care again.  They said they can replace my phone with a factory refurbished one.  

I got a different phone factory reconditioned phone from HTC.  And it worked with out issues for few weeks.  I started seeing "No SIM Card" message in this new phone again.

This is really painfull and frustrating.  

I doubt this is due to any app i am using because i faced this issue even after i did factory reset.  It is not the SIM card for sure.  I got the new sim card and noticed this issue on the same day.

If some one have any solution for this please share with me.  

I am having the same problem.  I bought this HTC one X+ just a week after they released.  It worked without any issues for 2 weeks and i started seeing "NO SIM Card" message frequently.  I contacted the customer care.  I am asked to get a new SIM card to see if it fixes the issue.  I got one new sim card from the att store but it did not solve the issue.  

I contacted customer care again.  They asked me to do Factory restore.  I did.  But it did not solve the issue again.  I started seeing NO SIM card message very frequently than before.  Like two or three times a day.  So, I contacted customer care again.  They said they can replace my phone with a factory refurbished one.  

I got a different phone factory reconditioned phone from HTC.  And it worked with out issues for few weeks.  I started seeing "No SIM Card" message in this new phone again.

This is really painfull and frustrating.  

I doubt this is due to any app i am using because i faced this issue even after i did factory reset.  It is not the SIM card for sure.  I got the new sim card and noticed this issue on the same day.

If some one have any solution for this please share with me.  

8 of 91 (93,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 4:03:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

I love how this issue is happening with a lot of people but neither ATT or HTC are saying anything about it. I'm having this problem too, I'm on my second replacement from ATT. Both were new phones. The one I have now started on the 15th day I had the phone. On the 15th day, by the way, ATT will not replace it. You have to claim warranty. I know this because the first I took back was on the 14th day and they said that was the last day they would take it back.

Well, I dropped my phone the next (16th) day and the screen cracked. I can't take it back now and I'm stuck with a phone (more - a phone model) that it looks like a majority of the users are having a problem with. Yes, I cracked it. I take full responsibility. But really? Stop letting me pay $100s for equipment that I have to restart many times throughout the day. Faults that impair the sole functionality of ATT - by interrupting my phone calls because the SIM "mysteriously" becomes disrecognized.

Or at least let me know the phone doesn't 30% of the time before I buy it.

I love how this issue is happening with a lot of people but neither ATT or HTC are saying anything about it. I'm having this problem too, I'm on my second replacement from ATT. Both were new phones. The one I have now started on the 15th day I had the phone. On the 15th day, by the way, ATT will not replace it. You have to claim warranty. I know this because the first I took back was on the 14th day and they said that was the last day they would take it back.

Well, I dropped my phone the next (16th) day and the screen cracked. I can't take it back now and I'm stuck with a phone (more - a phone model) that it looks like a majority of the users are having a problem with. Yes, I cracked it. I take full responsibility. But really? Stop letting me pay $100s for equipment that I have to restart many times throughout the day. Faults that impair the sole functionality of ATT - by interrupting my phone calls because the SIM "mysteriously" becomes disrecognized.

Or at least let me know the phone doesn't 30% of the time before I buy it.

9 of 91 (93,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2013 6:52:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

everyone, i know this is frustrating, but please read my previous post.  the chances of this being ATT-related are basically zero.  this is a hardware issue and HTC is known for it. .it sucks, yes, but you can have it replaced.  wrost case after a few replacements they give you a like-model replacement.

everyone, i know this is frustrating, but please read my previous post.  the chances of this being ATT-related are basically zero.  this is a hardware issue and HTC is known for it. .it sucks, yes, but you can have it replaced.  wrost case after a few replacements they give you a like-model replacement.

10 of 91 (92,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2013 8:25:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was also experiencing this problem and I finally decided to pop the sim card out and affix a small sticker to the back of the sim (thinking that if it was thicker it may remain in better contact). For the last couple of weeks, this has cured the problem.

I was also experiencing this problem and I finally decided to pop the sim card out and affix a small sticker to the back of the sim (thinking that if it was thicker it may remain in better contact). For the last couple of weeks, this has cured the problem.

11 of 91 (92,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 19, 2013 2:38:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

First of all do you know how much time it took to make the htc one x, AT&T and HTC work their selves out to make what we the people want. it could be Android, The sim card, or the phone itself. I had AT&T for many years we had some bit of trouble but they helped resolve it so be pacient its probably the version of android

First of all do you know how much time it took to make the htc one x, AT&T and HTC work their selves out to make what we the people want. it could be Android, The sim card, or the phone itself. I had AT&T for many years we had some bit of trouble but they helped resolve it so be pacient its probably the version of android

Sent from my HTC One X

12 of 91 (92,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2013 7:35:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am also experiencing this issue and so is my wife. Restarting the phone fixes it, but it is annoying. I wonder if it has to do with the power saving stuff. I think I'm going to shut it off. I'll bet it puts the phone just enough to sleep not to read the card is there....hate to get a replacement only to have the same thing happen.

I am also experiencing this issue and so is my wife. Restarting the phone fixes it, but it is annoying. I wonder if it has to do with the power saving stuff. I think I'm going to shut it off. I'll bet it puts the phone just enough to sleep not to read the card is there....hate to get a replacement only to have the same thing happen.

13 of 91 (91,680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 1:14:24 AM
(0)
Voyager
Is this still working for you?
Is this still working for you?

14 of 91 (89,709 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 10:51:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have had my HTC One x for 10 days and now today I see a no sim card message and earlier this morning I was not recieving phone calls I had to restart my phone. My 14 day period ends in 4 days and I dont know If I am going to keep this phone I may just get the new Iphone 5

I have had my HTC One x for 10 days and now today I see a no sim card message and earlier this morning I was not recieving phone calls I had to restart my phone. My 14 day period ends in 4 days and I dont know If I am going to keep this phone I may just get the new Iphone 5

15 of 91 (89,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 6:55:42 PM
(0)
Voyager

Jookbocks:  Is the sticker on the SIM card idea still working now?

Jookbocks:  Is the sticker on the SIM card idea still working now?

16 of 91 (89,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2013 3:19:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by bill_hutch on Feb 1, 2013 at 3:22:42 PM

jookbocks-------Hi, has this perpamentely corrected the problem for you?  I'm looking to get a replacement with the same issue.

Thanks, Bill

jookbocks-------Hi, has this perpamentely corrected the problem for you?  I'm looking to get a replacement with the same issue.

Thanks, Bill

[ Edited ]
17 of 91 (88,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2013 7:36:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

ive been dealing with the same issue since october.  multiple new phones and sim cards.  do yourself a favor and ditch your phone.

ive been dealing with the same issue since october.  multiple new phones and sim cards.  do yourself a favor and ditch your phone.

18 of 91 (88,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 9:16:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have contacted HTC directly about this issue for I have experienced it after having this phone for 20 days.  Love the phone and don't want to have to give it up.  Here is HTC's reply:

Thank you so much for contacting HTC customer support center in regards to SIM card issues in your HTC One X.

Let me say that I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this inconvenience with your HTC One X as I really understand it is important to have your phone function properly. I want to discard that this is happening due some issue related to a glitch that is messing up with the hardware components and the operating system in your phone. 

To determine if this is your case, we will need to put the phone in safe mode. Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications.

First ensure Fast Boot is not enabled. Go to settings then scroll to and tap power and then uncheck it. Next power off the phone and when you see the HTC letters, hit the volume down button.

After you put it in Safe Mode, try using it without third party applications to see how the device works. If it does not have this issue and the phone recognize your SIM Card, then it is one of your applications. Try adding them back one at a time to see which one is responsible. If it is not an application, then you will need to perform a factory reset.

A factory reset restores your device to the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the setup process and sign in to all of your accounts again. Please back up your information using Sync Manager located at http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

1. From the Home screen, tap All apps.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Storage.
4. Tap Factory data reset, (Verify that Erase all data is NOT checked, unless you wish to delete your personal data as well).
5. Tap Reset phone.
6. Tap Erase everything.

You may also perform a factory reset using the hardware keys: With the device powered off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key, while continuing to hold VOLUME DOWN, press the POWER key for 10 seconds. You will see the Back, Home and Recent apps keys blink while holding down the POWER key, when the keys have finished blinking, release the POWER key. While still holding VOLUME DOWN, press and release the POWER key one more time, when the screen with the three Androids is displayed, release the VOLUME DOWN key and then press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER key.

Do not hesitate to contact me back if this issue persist after these two procedures, it will be my pleasure to assist you further.

Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have a wonderful day!

This is a lot to do and unfortunatly for me, my "30 day" return policy with AT&T runs out in a couple days.  Problem for me, is that the phone randomly decides there's no SIM card... so it will be pretty hard to determine whether or not it is an application causing this.  And take a long time to get it narrowed down.  I may just return the phone... 

I have contacted HTC directly about this issue for I have experienced it after having this phone for 20 days.  Love the phone and don't want to have to give it up.  Here is HTC's reply:

Thank you so much for contacting HTC customer support center in regards to SIM card issues in your HTC One X.

Let me say that I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this inconvenience with your HTC One X as I really understand it is important to have your phone function properly. I want to discard that this is happening due some issue related to a glitch that is messing up with the hardware components and the operating system in your phone. 

To determine if this is your case, we will need to put the phone in safe mode. Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications.

First ensure Fast Boot is not enabled. Go to settings then scroll to and tap power and then uncheck it. Next power off the phone and when you see the HTC letters, hit the volume down button.

After you put it in Safe Mode, try using it without third party applications to see how the device works. If it does not have this issue and the phone recognize your SIM Card, then it is one of your applications. Try adding them back one at a time to see which one is responsible. If it is not an application, then you will need to perform a factory reset.

A factory reset restores your device to the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the setup process and sign in to all of your accounts again. Please back up your information using Sync Manager located at http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Storage.
4. Tap Factory data reset, (Verify that Erase all data is NOT checked, unless you wish to delete your personal data as well).
5. Tap Reset phone.
6. Tap Erase everything.

You may also perform a factory reset using the hardware keys: With the device powered off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key, while continuing to hold VOLUME DOWN, press the POWER key for 10 seconds. You will see the Back, Home and Recent apps keys blink while holding down the POWER key, when the keys have finished blinking, release the POWER key. While still holding VOLUME DOWN, press and release the POWER key one more time, when the screen with the three Androids is displayed, release the VOLUME DOWN key and then press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER key.

Do not hesitate to contact me back if this issue persist after these two procedures, it will be my pleasure to assist you further.

Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have a wonderful day!

This is a lot to do and unfortunatly for me, my "30 day" return policy with AT&T runs out in a couple days.  Problem for me, is that the phone randomly decides there's no SIM card... so it will be pretty hard to determine whether or not it is an application causing this.  And take a long time to get it narrowed down.  I may just return the phone... 

Re: HTC One X -- "No SIM card" error message (HTC's REPSONSE)

19 of 91 (88,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 9:43:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

The problem that I have with HTC's response (to go safe mode and add back each app one at a time to see if any causes the problem) is that my phone is randomly giving me this error.  Sometimes it's a couple times in a day it does this, or sometimes it won't happen at all for a couple days.  A simple reboot fixes it - but not permanently.  To add back each app one at a time to see, would take months... the problem isn't consistent enough to be discovered this way.

The problem that I have with HTC's response (to go safe mode and add back each app one at a time to see if any causes the problem) is that my phone is randomly giving me this error.  Sometimes it's a couple times in a day it does this, or sometimes it won't happen at all for a couple days.  A simple reboot fixes it - but not permanently.  To add back each app one at a time to see, would take months... the problem isn't consistent enough to be discovered this way.

20 of 91 (88,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 11:14:33 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by nitefish12 on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:14:50 AM

FROM HTC:

Let me start saying that I really understand your situation; I would like to encourage you to perform a factory reset. A factory reset restores your device to the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the setup process and sign in to all of your accounts again. Please back up your information using Sync Manager located at http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Storage.
5. Tap Reset phone.
6. Tap Erase everything.

If after following these steps to perform a factory reset you still experiencing the same, I would like to direct you to our repair specialist at 1-866-449-8358. Their business hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 A.M – 8:00 P.M EST. Please have the serial number of your phone handy when you contact them and our phone techs should be able to help get this repair set up; they will provide you accurate information about how to fix this inconvenience and any cost.

You may also want to consider checking with your carrier as your contract may allow you to swap or replace your phone.

FROM HTC:

Let me start saying that I really understand your situation; I would like to encourage you to perform a factory reset. A factory reset restores your device to the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card. After performing a factory reset, you will need to go through the setup process and sign in to all of your accounts again. Please back up your information using Sync Manager located at http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/.

2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Storage.
5. Tap Reset phone.
6. Tap Erase everything.

If after following these steps to perform a factory reset you still experiencing the same, I would like to direct you to our repair specialist at 1-866-449-8358. Their business hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 A.M – 8:00 P.M EST. Please have the serial number of your phone handy when you contact them and our phone techs should be able to help get this repair set up; they will provide you accurate information about how to fix this inconvenience and any cost.

You may also want to consider checking with your carrier as your contract may allow you to swap or replace your phone.

Additional Response from HTC

[ Edited ]
21 of 91 (88,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 9:43:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Follwing up...

Today my phone showed no sim card 4 times.  Yesterday, it did not once.  I finally decided to do a factory reset after backing up my contact and pictures.  Performed the reset following the instructions.  10 minutes later... No SIM card showed up.  This proves it is an issue with either the hardware (connection of SIM card) of the phone, or the Operating software of the phone - which is a HTC problem - not ATT.  Before I call the HTC tech, I placed a sticker on the back of the SIM card like someone else did, in hopes that it will create a better connection of the SIM card to the phone.  I should know if that works soon enough...

Follwing up...

Today my phone showed no sim card 4 times.  Yesterday, it did not once.  I finally decided to do a factory reset after backing up my contact and pictures.  Performed the reset following the instructions.  10 minutes later... No SIM card showed up.  This proves it is an issue with either the hardware (connection of SIM card) of the phone, or the Operating software of the phone - which is a HTC problem - not ATT.  Before I call the HTC tech, I placed a sticker on the back of the SIM card like someone else did, in hopes that it will create a better connection of the SIM card to the phone.  I should know if that works soon enough...

22 of 91 (87,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 10:01:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

I experienced the No SIM issues as well.  Turning on/off Airplane mode & Restarting the phone were temporary solutions.  I had done 2 factory resets as well.  But this continued to happen multiple times per day. 

Last Sunday (2/3/13) I applied a couple layers of clear packaging tape to the back of the SIM card, which made for a tight fit.  I have not had an issue since. 

I advise anyone with this problem to do the same.  It's a shame that ATT & HTC will never offer this as a solution to the problem, because it works.  They will only replace defective hardware with more defective hardware.

I experienced the No SIM issues as well.  Turning on/off Airplane mode & Restarting the phone were temporary solutions.  I had done 2 factory resets as well.  But this continued to happen multiple times per day. 

Last Sunday (2/3/13) I applied a couple layers of clear packaging tape to the back of the SIM card, which made for a tight fit.  I have not had an issue since. 

I advise anyone with this problem to do the same.  It's a shame that ATT & HTC will never offer this as a solution to the problem, because it works.  They will only replace defective hardware with more defective hardware.

23 of 91 (87,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 11:13:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

I only began experiencing this issue after changing the "security > screen lock" setting from "none" to "PIN". Not a great solution, but I have not seen the issue since going back to "none".

I only began experiencing this issue after changing the "security > screen lock" setting from "none" to "PIN". Not a great solution, but I have not seen the issue since going back to "none".

24 of 91 (86,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2013 11:54:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

After i found I am getting "No SIM" issue very fequently in my new HTC one X+ too  i am trying now by tapping my SIM card's backside.  I did that yesterday and i didn't get the issue so far.  I will update this after few day's to see any imporovement.  

This is the good phone but this issue sucks.

After i found I am getting "No SIM" issue very fequently in my new HTC one X+ too  i am trying now by tapping my SIM card's backside.  I did that yesterday and i didn't get the issue so far.  I will update this after few day's to see any imporovement.  

This is the good phone but this issue sucks.

25 of 91 (86,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2013 9:01:30 AM
(0)
Contributor
Same issue for me--I hope someone finds a solution.
Same issue for me--I hope someone finds a solution.

26 of 91 (85,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 6:01:07 PM
(0)
Tutor
I too was getting the "no SIM card" error with my htc 1x, and was convinced that it was a software issue because restarting the phone fixed the problem everytime without fail. I went back to AT&T and they replaced the sim card. No joy. Then I did a factory reset (3 times in fact). Still no joy. Sound familiar? I had seen where others had recommended using tape or stickers on the back of the SIM card to thicken it, so I tried that. And it worked! But not the first time. Had I given up too soon, I would still have the problem. I'm convinced that this will fix most SIM card errors with this phone. Two things to remember before you give up, as I almost did: 1. Even if you don't think it will help, try it anyway. It will probably fix it. 2. Start with just a couple layers of tape (clear tape such as shipping or scotch tape) or a fairly thin sticker of some sort. Cut the tape or sticker to size, to cover the back of the sim card. If you still get the "no sim card" message, keep thickening the sim card a little at a time. My phone wasn't fixed until my sim card was so thick I almost didn't think it would slide in. It has been almost a week since this fix, and not a single sim card error on my phone. I was averaging about two "no sim card" messages a day before that. Try this... You'll be glad you did!
I too was getting the "no SIM card" error with my htc 1x, and was convinced that it was a software issue because restarting the phone fixed the problem everytime without fail. I went back to AT&T and they replaced the sim card. No joy. Then I did a factory reset (3 times in fact). Still no joy. Sound familiar? I had seen where others had recommended using tape or stickers on the back of the SIM card to thicken it, so I tried that. And it worked! But not the first time. Had I given up too soon, I would still have the problem. I'm convinced that this will fix most SIM card errors with this phone. Two things to remember before you give up, as I almost did: 1. Even if you don't think it will help, try it anyway. It will probably fix it. 2. Start with just a couple layers of tape (clear tape such as shipping or scotch tape) or a fairly thin sticker of some sort. Cut the tape or sticker to size, to cover the back of the sim card. If you still get the "no sim card" message, keep thickening the sim card a little at a time. My phone wasn't fixed until my sim card was so thick I almost didn't think it would slide in. It has been almost a week since this fix, and not a single sim card error on my phone. I was averaging about two "no sim card" messages a day before that. Try this... You'll be glad you did!

27 of 91 (84,252 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 4:17:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just had this message for the second time. The first I had the sim card replaced. This time I got on somebody's WIFI signal, found this thread and followed the suggestion to turn it completely off. My HTC one X + came back up with 4 bars.
I just had this message for the second time. The first I had the sim card replaced. This time I got on somebody's WIFI signal, found this thread and followed the suggestion to turn it completely off. My HTC one X + came back up with 4 bars.

28 of 91 (84,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 6:21:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well the 30 day thing is wrong.  I have only had the service for 29 days and have been dealing with this issue for 3 weeks and now they are telling me I only had 2 weeks to get a new phone and now I am stuck with a refurbished that is not the same color as the phone I paid to recive. 

Well the 30 day thing is wrong.  I have only had the service for 29 days and have been dealing with this issue for 3 weeks and now they are telling me I only had 2 weeks to get a new phone and now I am stuck with a refurbished that is not the same color as the phone I paid to recive. 

29 of 91 (83,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 7:07:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think this solution works.  

Long story shot.

I bought HTC one x+ just after they release.  I liked the phone but after 2 weeks i started getting NO SIM issue.  I contacted customer care after changing the SIM and factory reset problem not solved.  So i got a different phone.

I started getting this issue in the new phone also after 3 weeks or so.  some time i was getting 2 to 3 times a day.  

2/11/2012 i added 3 layers of tape in the backside of the SIM and i inserted it.  It was tight i pushed it.  I am not getting this problem since. its almost 10 days.  

I think this solution works.  

Long story shot.

I bought HTC one x+ just after they release.  I liked the phone but after 2 weeks i started getting NO SIM issue.  I contacted customer care after changing the SIM and factory reset problem not solved.  So i got a different phone.

I started getting this issue in the new phone also after 3 weeks or so.  some time i was getting 2 to 3 times a day.  

2/11/2012 i added 3 layers of tape in the backside of the SIM and i inserted it.  It was tight i pushed it.  I am not getting this problem since. its almost 10 days.  

30 of 91 (83,969 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments