HTC One X -- Streaming Music --> Static

Mentor

HTC One X -- Streaming Music --> Static

I've had my HOX since last week. I s.t.r.e.a.m/listen a  lot of music while working and use Etymotic Research earbuds.

I've been noticing that when starting a s.t.r.e.a.m or between s.t.r.e.a.m.e.d songs that there is some static and hiss. I've noticed it on Spotify, Slacker and DI Radio.

Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced this with their HOX?

The forums doesn't seem to like the work s.t.r.e.a.m or any of its variants.

Thanks

BlueOrder

"What does this button do?"
Me
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Professor

Re: HTC One X -- Streaming Music --> Static

Hi there!

I remember I had an HTC Amaze and it would do the same. I realized that the headphones are sort of like an antenna. So if you move it in a certain direction, the music may be static like. Another factor could be your signal strength on the network etc.

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Mentor

Evandela wrote:
Hi there!

I remember I had an HTC Amaze and it would do the same. I realized that the headphones are sort of like an antenna. So if you move it in a certain direction, the music may be static like. Another factor could be your signal strength on the network etc.

Posted from my iPhone 4S on AT&T, the nation's fastest 4G network.

Could be a signal strength issue. I don't have stellar reception right now.

BlueOrder

Me
Message 3 of 7
Professor

Evandela wrote:
Hi there!

Were you listening to FM radio when this happened?  Most HTC devices use the headphone cord as an antenna for the FM radio tuner, but not for data connection.

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Professor

Yeah it was FM radio at the time. Smiley Tongue Oh no, when I mention data, I mean if you have a poor connection for example, the music may not be as clear as it would be if you had a strong signal. Smiley Happy.

@blueorder - try playing around with the antenna to see if you can get better sound from the radio on the device. If your signal is poor at the moment, that might be a possibility though Smiley Happy

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Mentor

Evandela wrote:

@blueorder - try playing around with the antenna to see if you can get better sound from the radio on the device. If your signal is poor at the moment, that might be a possibility though Smiley Happy

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

I haven't used FM radio yet. My issue with static was when trying to stream music via Spotify, Slacker or DI Radio.

BlueOrder

Me
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Professor

blueorder wrote:
I haven't used FM radio yet.

The FM radio tuner app is actually removed from the AT&T version of the One X.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support