Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 7, 2012
5:51:39 AM
View profile
HTC One X - Newbie Question

Hey all,

I just made a switch to the Android world, after being a loyal iPhone user.

I love the HTC One X so far, but am having some issues here and there adjusting to the Android OS from iOS.

I set up my email account, but I am not able to click any links included in a message for some reason. Everything seems to be in plain text.

Is there a setting to enable this?

Please help!

Best,

New Android user

Hey all,

I just made a switch to the Android world, after being a loyal iPhone user.

I love the HTC One X so far, but am having some issues here and there adjusting to the Android OS from iOS.

I set up my email account, but I am not able to click any links included in a message for some reason. Everything seems to be in plain text.

Is there a setting to enable this?

Please help!

Best,

New Android user

HTC One X - Newbie Question

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 6:01:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi there!

Welcome to Android!

The links in the e-mail will be blocked for your safety and should be able to be enabled the same way as on a PC (the message that asks if you want to view the full message etc or ignore.). It should be located on top of the e-mail. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi there!

Welcome to Android!

The links in the e-mail will be blocked for your safety and should be able to be enabled the same way as on a PC (the message that asks if you want to view the full message etc or ignore.). It should be located on top of the e-mail. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC One X - Newbie Question

2 of 5 (668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 7:37:15 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hi Evandela,
Thanks for the reply.

I actually don't have any option in the email message to enable the links for some reason. Smiley Sad

Please help!
Hi Evandela,
Thanks for the reply.

I actually don't have any option in the email message to enable the links for some reason. Smiley Sad

Please help!

3 of 5 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 11:28:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Could I ask if your using GMail or the regular E-mail app? I can't seem to replicate the issue on my Skyrocket. Smiley Tongue

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Could I ask if your using GMail or the regular E-mail app? I can't seem to replicate the issue on my Skyrocket. Smiley Tongue

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, an AT&T LTE smartphone. Experience speeds up to 10x faster than 3G.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (623 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2012 11:33:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
If it is in GMail, in the email, there should be a "Show Pictures " link that should enable links and pictures Smiley Wink.

The regular Email application does not disable it seems Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
If it is in GMail, in the email, there should be a "Show Pictures " link that should enable links and pictures Smiley Wink.

The regular Email application does not disable it seems Smiley Wink

5 of 5 (618 Views)