HTC One Android 4.3 update

Scholar

HTC One Android 4.3 update

Ok, many of us have heard directly from HTC Execs that the HTCs in the US (and Canada) are goign otmove this phoent o Android 4.3 by the end of September.  There are a number of sources out there, including teh original tweets, but it looks like carriers have the software and are simply working on certification with HTC.   

AT&T mods, any official word on this on your end?  Are you guys (and gals) finally able to give us soemthign to look forward to?!  I remember the tragically delayed 4.1 update for the One x earlie rthis year....god forbid that repeats itself, especially when we know for a fact that ATT has the software in hand and HTC is motivated by an actualy time frame.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 50

Still no 4.3 Update for my HTC One

I'm in the Philippines right now using my unlocked AT&T Htc One and it's been awhile since they released it and I still dont have the update. I check the AT&T Software Update it just says check updates and disappears. I checked the SoftWare Update it says my phone is up to date. What seems to be the problem? Is it because im in a different country and using a different network? 

Message 34 of 50
Community Manager

Re: Still no 4.3 Update for my HTC One

Hello rolanddave94,

The reason it can't find the update on your device is because it can't communicate with AT&T's system, since it's not connecting to AT&T's network. Updates pushed to users by AT&T will only be available as an OTA download to active AT&T subscribers.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 35 of 50

I thought all we needed is a WiFi connection...

Message 36 of 50
Community Manager

The phone needs to communicate with AT&T's system for the update to be authorized first, then it can downloaded via wi-fi to save data.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 37 of 50

Is there any other way I can update? I saw that the 4.3 fixes the purple tint camera issue thats why.

Message 38 of 50
Highlighted
Teacher

Can't get the Android 4.3 update for HTC One

I have been religiously checking my ATT Software Update and Settings/About/Software Update screens for 12 days now (AT&T started pushing it out on October 8, per http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB420290&cv=820#fbid=RWcTzrR0QKz).

Until today, both screens said my device was up to date. This morning, the ATT Software Update screen found a 20MB update. After about 5 minutes it installed, and I was still on andoid 4.1.2, with software number 1.26.502.15). Subsequently the ATT Software Update screen said I was up to date and to check back in 424 hours. I manually set the date on my phone to October 20 of 2014, after which it found another update, this time 246MB. It downloaded and applied, and I'm still on android 4.1.2, with software number 1.26.502.15, and of course neither update screens think I'm out of date. Any ideas how to get software number 3.17.502.3 when neither update screen recognizes my device as being outdated?

With this nondescript 256MB update, it seems to have broken my ability to plug my phone into my computer. It cycles endlessly between USB Connected and USB Debugging Mode, preventing my computer's ability to access it. This is even with USB Debugging Mode turned off in developer mode.

Anyway, here is this morning's update saga:

Message 31 of 50
Employee

Re: Can't get the Android 4.3 update for HTC One

I had the same issue with mine... I guess fiddling with the clock was a no-no Smiley Sad I ended up doing a back-up, then a facorty reset. When the phone booted up again, it found the update and installed it. 

Post back if you're still having issues. 

Employee Contributor*
Message 32 of 50
Teacher

I think I will be unable to back up, sadly, since this evidently broke USB functionality. Oh well, I guess that's the rub. I'll see what I can do. Thanks Benjamin. I'll report back either way.
Message 33 of 50
Contributor

I tried the reset, but still no update for me either...

Message 39 of 50
Teacher

Re: HTC One Android 4.3 update

Dmitriy - for those of us currently on ATT networks whose phones aren't recognizing the update, do you have any suggestions?
Message 40 of 50
Teacher

I too tried the factory reset. Didn't work (still am not offered the update), but on the plus side I learned that the HTC sync manager is useless
Message 41 of 50
Teacher

I did a live chat with ATT customer service. She tried pushing me the update manually a couple ways, but I never saw a notification.

"My system does not show an update past what you have, I show the 4.3 but, then it says your device is up to date with the last version."

So somewhere there is a glitch that ATT thinks 4.1.2 is current for my device even though 4.3 is available for my device. I am supposed to contact HTC.

Message 42 of 50
Community Manager

blackwoodma wrote:
Dmitriy - for those of us currently on ATT networks whose phones aren't recognizing the update, do you have any suggestions?

Send a private message to our social media managers here. They're very resourceful and often fix issues that other departments couldn't. That's your best next step.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 43 of 50
Teacher

Thanks, Dmitriy.

Actually, I guess her push DID work. It didn't notify me it was downloading anything so I didn't recognize it at the time, but about 10 minutes ago I got notification that an update HAS been downloaded. I'm on 4.3 now.

So, one workable solution is to contact customer service and ask them to push it to your device manually.

My next attempt was going to be through HTC. This may be valuable info for rolanddave94, assuming he has a computer handy. You can download the ROM directly and update the phone using Sync Manager. See: http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=628&p_name=htc-one-att

Message 44 of 50
Contributor

My wife's HTC One has similar issue unresoveld. After thru 20M and 436M upgrades, her HTC One still in 4.1.2.

During both upgrades, the progress bar does not finish as my Google Galaxy Nexus 4.3 upgrade. Update progress bar shows up but screen turns dark at some point, then a green icon pop up, then back to update progress bar shows again. This goes a couple of times, the phone finally boots. But the phone seems working OK. 

She bought her HTC One from Costco Mountain View CA this summer.

Please help,

-Dennis

Message 45 of 50
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support