HTC One Android 4.3 update

Scholar

HTC One Android 4.3 update

Ok, many of us have heard directly from HTC Execs that the HTCs in the US (and Canada) are goign otmove this phoent o Android 4.3 by the end of September.  There are a number of sources out there, including teh original tweets, but it looks like carriers have the software and are simply working on certification with HTC.   

AT&T mods, any official word on this on your end?  Are you guys (and gals) finally able to give us soemthign to look forward to?!  I remember the tragically delayed 4.1 update for the One x earlie rthis year....god forbid that repeats itself, especially when we know for a fact that ATT has the software in hand and HTC is motivated by an actualy time frame.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 50 (9,022 Views)
Contributor

Re: HTC One Android 4.3 update

Good news for HTC One users on AT&T. 4.3 update passed AT&T certification today ( 4 Oct "13 ). Will begin to push to your phones early next week. :-)

https://twitter.com/JasonMacHTC/status/386217663589937152

Message 20 of 50 (3,365 Views)
Scholar

Update is available now. Downloading Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 50 (3,077 Views)
Tutor

Mine started downloading and now stopped at 23% perhaps AT&T servers are overloaded?

Message 22 of 50 (2,998 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Mine took all night to download from 9:00pm EST till around 7am, and it kept stoping in between.  

Finally got it installed this morning at work since it was done downloading over night. 

Message 23 of 50 (2,765 Views)
Scholar

desiguy wrote:

Mine took all night to download from 9:00pm EST till around 7am, and it kept stoping in between.  

Finally got it installed this morning at work since it was done downloading over night. 

Guess I was lucky, mine updated in 10-15 min as soon as it was available for download.

Message 24 of 50 (2,728 Views)
Contributor

Finally I got my update downloaded and running in less then 3 hours...but I knew it that I will find some att apps and not be able to uninstalled.!! I don't like this att ! :-(

I pay big bucks for my HTC ONE 64Gb but you manage to put your unwanted app inside my phone.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR CRAP OUT OF MY PHONE OR MAKE IT TO BE UNINSTALLED.

THANKS

Message 25 of 50 (2,612 Views)
Scholar

4.3 for HTC One

AT&T, what say you?  please dont completely screw this up like you did with the One X JB update.  We all know the update is in your hands!

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/23/android-43-htc-one-developer-edition/

Message 4 of 50 (3,240 Views)
Guru

Re: 4.3 for HTC One

garretttv wrote:

AT&T, what say you?  please dont completely screw this up like you did with the One X JB update.  We all know the update is in your hands!

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/23/android-43-htc-one-developer-edition/

Don't expect this update for the AT&T variant for at least another 6 months. That's the best case scenario.

Message 5 of 50 (3,181 Views)
Scholar

oh i know how att usually works, that's the only reason I'm here.  sounds like there may be reason to hope for it sooner than later though.

Message 7 of 50 (3,040 Views)
Professor

kgbkny wrote:

Don't expect this update for the AT&T variant for at least another 6 months. That's the best case scenario.

Around 4 months was the case for the One X updates to date (not sure about other brands on AT&T, as I don't follow them closely).  But yeah, don't hold your breath.  AT&T is infamous for dragging their feet on releasing updates.

Message 12 of 50 (2,926 Views)
Contributor

My HTC One still isnt showing that the 4.3 update is available? Any way to force it or load it from a file online?

Message 26 of 50 (2,349 Views)
Employee

I got a notification this morning saying there was an update available, but I closed it because I wasn't in a Wifi zone. Now when I click "Check for udates"... nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue? 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 27 of 50 (2,270 Views)
Contributor

I've been calling att and trying to talk to someone who can help but nothing works. I'm getting the "checking for updates" message, and it just goes away with no indication of what's going on. It seems like att can't do anything and nothing htc did worked. I am still within 14 days so it's possible i'll have to switch phones out. Hopefully we can get it working

Message 28 of 50 (2,226 Views)
Employee

AT&T employees/Contractors whether in online chat or over the phone are never given information in advance as to the new device releases, latest software updates, etc. until the day of. 

Please don't think that an agent is being difficult or secretive by not providing that type of information to you. Agents only have information on (devices,updates,etc.) that are available for pre-order,sale, or available updates/downloads at that time.  AT&T employees/Contractors are told with no uncertainty that they are not allowed to give any information in regards to devices, software updates, etc. prior to the. Until the day of availability agents/reps are to consider any information they have heard as rumors.

I do understand it can be so frustrating to seem to have more information than the "expert" you are talking to, but that is not necessarily the case. I do hope this helps anyone in their future dealings with AT&T Agents.

Below is the information I have found in regards to the 4.3 Android Update for HTC ONE including a link to report bugs/troubles hope it helps. Please Click Here

As AndroidPolice points out, the major update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been confirmed by HTC on its official website and aside from the said upgrade, HTC One from C Spire will also receive some bug fixes.

Software version 2.04.563.3 is now pushed OTA (over the air) to all HTC One devices at C Spire Wireless, but the rollout is made in stages so it may take some time before all smartphones receive it.

In order to manually check for availability, simply head over to Settings / About / Software updates / Check now and tap OK if you are eligible for the upgrade.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 29 of 50 (2,211 Views)
Explorer

Will this update be available for the HTC one Mini?

Message 30 of 50 (1,810 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.