Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 17, 2011
9:47:36 PM
View profile
HTC Nexus One experience.

Hi,

I'd like to hear your experience with Nexus One or what you know, in the following areas:

1.  What is the model number of the phone that has AT&T 3G bands?
  2.  Does it play Youtube smoothly?
  3.  Overall, is it a reliable phone?
  4.  Is it upgradeable to Gingerbread?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I'd like to hear your experience with Nexus One or what you know, in the following areas:

1.  What is the model number of the phone that has AT&T 3G bands?
  2.  Does it play Youtube smoothly?
  3.  Overall, is it a reliable phone?
  4.  Is it upgradeable to Gingerbread?

Thank you in advance.

HTC Nexus One experience.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 7:14:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Aug 18, 2011 at 7:14:50 AM

Why Nexus One?  Are you a developer?  If not, the phone is 18 months old, which is ancient in smartphone terms, and more current phones outspec it by a long shot.

Even if you want a dev phone, the Nexus S (which comes in an AT&T version) is a much better/more current phone than the Nexus One.    While its made by Samsung, and I usually prefer HTC; I would still probably choose the Nexus S over the N1 due to it being a much newer phone.

If not  a developer, how about the Inspire?  Or better yet, a Canada Bell branded Sensation (which has the AT&T 3G bands)?  Or wait until the Holiday is released later this year by AT&T.

Yes, the Nexus One is upgradeable to Gingerbread. 

Why Nexus One?  Are you a developer?  If not, the phone is 18 months old, which is ancient in smartphone terms, and more current phones outspec it by a long shot.

Even if you want a dev phone, the Nexus S (which comes in an AT&T version) is a much better/more current phone than the Nexus One.    While its made by Samsung, and I usually prefer HTC; I would still probably choose the Nexus S over the N1 due to it being a much newer phone.

If not  a developer, how about the Inspire?  Or better yet, a Canada Bell branded Sensation (which has the AT&T 3G bands)?  Or wait until the Holiday is released later this year by AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Nexus One experience.

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (470 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 8:33:06 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 18, 2011 at 8:37:42 AM

redpoint73 wrote:

I'm looking for a good unlocked smartphone. It seems that Nexus One would not be locked to any carrier. Is that so? How about Nexus S unlocked or not? Any newer unlocked smartphone will fit the bill. BTW, I am not a developer.

redpoint73 wrote:

I'm looking for a good unlocked smartphone. It seems that Nexus One would not be locked to any carrier. Is that so? How about Nexus S unlocked or not? Any newer unlocked smartphone will fit the bill. BTW, I am not a developer.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 12:31:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can unlock any smartphone by buying the code off ebay for around $10.  So I would not let that be your main restriction while phone shopping.  You can also buy many phones unlocked from online vendors.  So buy the phone based on the specs, form factor, and features you want.

If I needed good Android phone right now, compatible with AT&T's bands, I would go with the Bell Canada Sensation, since I have a preference for HTC, and its a sweet phone.  But it can cost you $700 unlocked and unsubsidized.  The Inspire and Nexus S are good choices, since they can be purchased much cheaper at a subsidized/contract price.

You can unlock any smartphone by buying the code off ebay for around $10.  So I would not let that be your main restriction while phone shopping.  You can also buy many phones unlocked from online vendors.  So buy the phone based on the specs, form factor, and features you want.

If I needed good Android phone right now, compatible with AT&T's bands, I would go with the Bell Canada Sensation, since I have a preference for HTC, and its a sweet phone.  But it can cost you $700 unlocked and unsubsidized.  The Inspire and Nexus S are good choices, since they can be purchased much cheaper at a subsidized/contract price.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (454 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments