HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

Mentor

HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

Hi..Does anyone know when U.S. Carreriers would get HTC LEO or anything about it?
Message 1 of 130 (12,251 Views)
Explorer

Re: HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

Looks like Telstra in Australia will be getting a version, they are heavy into the 850 UMTS bands, so for many this will be an option on AT&T, though I think they need to get their heads out of their nether regions and announce this coming to AT&T and just get it!
Message 106 of 130 (1,840 Views)
Mentor

I am thinking along the same lines as Megatec45 --- hopefully at CES numerous announcements will be made.  I am eligibile for an upgrade and will hold on through March to see what AT&T does.  But if they have no major announcements for snapdragon phones such as hd2 or nexus one then ---- well --- after all these years I guess they will probably lose me.
Message 107 of 130 (1,739 Views)
Contributor

I too will be leaving AT&T if no Snap Dragon CPU phones released first qtr 2010. I spend over 5k a year with 5 phones and 2 data cards.  Half are on month to month and ready for upgrade

Kokkos.

Message 108 of 130 (1,628 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Kokkos wrote:

I too will be leaving AT&T if no Snap Dragon CPU phones released first qtr 2010. I spend over 5k a year with 5 phones and 2 data cards.  Half are on month to month and ready for upgrade

Kokkos.

Wouldn't the FCC filing for such a device have to be in already for ATT to release a phone Q1? 

Plus, seeing as ATT has been on a consistant yearly updating schedule for new HTC phones (since long before the iPhone), I wouldn't expect anything until Oct/Nov 2010.

Message 109 of 130 (1,604 Views)
Explorer

I don't know how to check for FCC filings so can't answer that.  What I do know is that if AT&T doesn't get this I might just say screw you and go to Verizon.  T-Mobile doesn't give me the coverage I need, and only AT&T and Verizon do (Sprint doesn't matter, fed up with them from a while back).  If I have to eventually settle for a Touch Pro 2 or such, why give my money to the carrier that refused to get a great phone to keep mine and others business?
Message 110 of 130 (1,521 Views)
Mentor

Redpoint's point is well taken..... and nothing is on horizon for Q1  -- you can usually find out about FCC filings from phonescoop.com as well as other sites.  AT&T if you're reading these ==  all I am asking for is a commitment by Q1 -- announce a roadmap or something.  I am moderately patient but throw me a bone.  It's the least you can do since other carriers are throwing their customers actual phones.   (Of course I am dying also to hear about Nexus One later today -- Android 2.1 seems exciting and the rumors about the hardware also seem great).  We will see.
Message 111 of 130 (1,765 Views)
Professor

ErylFlynn wrote:
I don't know how to check for FCC filings so can't answer that. 

Cell phone websites keep track of the FCC filings, and other "clues" (ATT insider information, etc.).   So if you haven't seen it on this thread (or you can just "Google AT&T Leo FCC"), it probably hasn't happened!

Message 112 of 130 (1,762 Views)
Teacher

I really hope AT&T is going to get this, otherwise, well, my current pro-rated early termination fee is $105 and still probably a few months more for it to further drop till T-mobile gets it, then bye-bye AT&T as this is going to be my next phone regardless and worth switching carriers for, especially since everything AT&T currently carries pales in comparison.
Message 113 of 130 (1,701 Views)
Explorer

I might just jump over to sprint or such to spite them if ATT doesn't get this phone.  We were burned last year by no one state side getting the HTC Touch HD, now if ATT doesn't get it or a full unlocked version is released I might be done with both AT&T and HTC.
Message 114 of 130 (1,648 Views)
Guru

I like the specs on the phone, but I think I'll wait for them to make a Leo "Pro", or whatever they will decide to call the same phone with a keyboard...
Message 115 of 130 (1,618 Views)

sbriand wrote:
I like the specs on the phone, but I think I'll wait for them to make a Leo "Pro", or whatever they will decide to call the same phone with a keyboard...

Agreed.  HTC recently released a manila version that supports landscape...which could signal that a version with a keyboard is slated to be released!  I'm not a big fan of jumping ship for any phone as my criteria has always been service first, then phone.  Case in point, all of those iPhone adopters from other networks that are now waiting for the exclusivity to end so they can jump ship yet again.  I would rather purchase an unlocked version and have good service, than have a great phone with lousy service elsewhere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold
Message 116 of 130 (1,615 Views)
Professor

Official to Tmobile

Now it's official. Coming to T-mobile!
Message 117 of 130 (1,594 Views)
Guru

Re: Official to Tmobile

"Exclusive" for how long?  Is it open ended like the iPhone, or exclusive for 3 months?  Who knows....
Message 118 of 130 (1,589 Views)
Teacher

guandalf wrote:
Now it's official. Coming to T-mobile!

Ughhh, I hate exclusive contracts.

I did find out however that it's also being release in australia on Telstra, what makes that good is Telstra uses the 850 3G band which is one of the bands AT&T uses and thus would work on AT&T's 3G network unlike the Europe spec, so now the question is probably $800-900 to import and keep AT&T or do the early termination plus new contract at T-mobile which will probably end up being around $400-500, the one thing that worries me some is that as far as I can tell T-mobile has no official tethering plans :/

Message 119 of 130 (1,559 Views)
Explorer

I can't switch to TMO, don't have coverage inside my place of work, while we do have coverage for Verizon, ATT and Sprint here.  Go figure.  That means, I will be seriously thinking of changing to Sprint now, Verizon is TOOO expensive for data plans.  45 bucks vs 30 for att.  Problem is Sprint has crap for phones.  Until I figure what to do, or Rogers Canada gets this (Virginia has NO 850 coverage so Telestra phones won't help) I am stuck using my crappy Blackjack, and not paying 30 a month to ATT for data since I am grandfathered in still.  They are missing out on revenue from me and others, as well as losing customers over this.
Message 120 of 130 (1,541 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.