Helpful Links

HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

Highlighted
Mentor

HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

Hi..Does anyone know when U.S. Carreriers would get HTC LEO or anything about it?
Message 1 of 130
Master

Re: HTC LEO IN U.S.A.

So far I've not heard anything about this phone. Have you done a search online to see if there's any pics or reviews? Youtube often has video reviews on phones
Message 2 of 130
Mentor

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=6902
Message 3 of 130

Look how long ago they announced the Touch Pro 2 (mid-February) and it was released in Europe in early-Summer and it's just hitting its first US carriers now with AT&T still some weeks to go.

The Leo hasn't been announced (or even confirmed as real) yet.  I hope you're not holding your breath.

Message 4 of 130
Master

If i'm not mistaken, there are already leaked ROMs for the Leo so it's just a matter of time before more is available on it.
Message 5 of 130
Mentor

Leo is supposed to be compatible with Window 7 as well, that's why I'm curious
Message 6 of 130
Professor

They have to pass the FCC first for approval and find a carrier who will carry the Leo just like the other models and will be a very long time until you see them with a carrier except for an unlocked edition which some carriers may send you away because they want a carrier approved phone done which they brand it and thensome.
Message 7 of 130
Scholar

dgiordano wrote: 
 ... I hope you're not holding your breath.

I am ... kinda.  TheTP2 is larger than the phones of late but not quite large enough for my liking.  I would love to see a Thoth with a sliding keyboard but that's not going to happen.  Leo with a sliding keyboard might be my only salvation...

Message 8 of 130
Teacher

Re: HTC LEO IN USA.

I've been monitoring the Leo for some time now and this unit with replace my current Fuze. It has the Snapdragon processor a 1GHz from Qualcom. That alone is a big difference not to forget the it'll be out with WM 6.5 upgradeable to 7.  The is another situation to consider and that is that just a couple of months ago a satellite was launched to orbit to provide the US and its territories with 4G technology. The 4G is something we must have to take in consideration with new units. The new standard is set for the end of this year going into 2Q of 2010. AT&T was the first to negotiate for 4G before launch.

So people keep tabs on the 4G status.

Message Edited by Escorpion on 09-08-2009 05:39:41 PM
Message 9 of 130
Master

ameiurus wrote:

dgiordano wrote: 
 ... I hope you're not holding your breath.

I am ... kinda.  TheTP2 is larger than the phones of late but not quite large enough for my liking.  I would love to see a Thoth with a sliding keyboard but that's not going to happen.  Leo with a sliding keyboard might be my only salvation...

The device is coming (as will hit the market, not to ATT) but it won't have a keyboard. If it had a keyboard, i probably would've taken the plunge and purchased it.

Message 10 of 130
Mentor

The company you are talking about is a startup named TerreStar, which has nothing to do with AT&T other than being a competitor that has signed a reciprocal roaming agreement.  I think that the chances of AT&T using Satellite for their 4G is a little far fetched.
Message 11 of 130
Mentor

Just saw this.  While there is no mention of a US release, it still looks amazing.

LINK

Message 12 of 130
Scholar

kareem9nba wrote:

The device is coming (as will hit the market, not to ATT) but it won't have a keyboard. If it had a keyboard, i probably would've taken the plunge and purchased it.

Rats.  Well I'm hoping a 4.3" display with a sliding keyboard is in HTCs future (and mine). 

Message 13 of 130
Scholar

not surprising that the US isnt on there.. we seem to get the phones after every other country in the known world for some reason.  Are we like the red headed step children of the wireless industry?  Then non iPhone is the red headed step child of the red headed step child.  I want a touchscreen smart phone thats not an iPhone and i have about zero good choices. 
Message 14 of 130
Mentor

cypherphone wrote:
I want a touchscreen smart phone thats not an iPhone and i have about zero good choices. 

x2

I'm hoping the tilt 2 will fill that little void for me.

Message 15 of 130
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support