Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 6, 2011
6:28:12 AM
View profile
HTC Inspire not syncing overnight

I've had my HTC Inspire 4G for a couple months now.  Lately, I've noticed that it will not sync in the mornings.  I keep it turned on (although it's in 'sleep' mode) and plugged into the charger overnight.  In the mornings, I find that at some point overnight it has stopped syncing.  For example, my Facebook, Twitter and Weather is not updated, and when I tap on 'Refresh' I get a connection error message. Even when I go into Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync and tap 'Sync all' to manually sync the phone, it still doesn't sync. I am using my own WiFi and am connected with a strong signal (I don't feel that it's a WiFi problem because my iPod Touch and my secondary computer are both connected via WiFi and both have no connection problems).  I actually have to completely power off the phone, wait a few minutes, turn it back on, and then it will sync automatically on its own. 

Any ideas on what the problem can be?  Thanks in advance.

I've had my HTC Inspire 4G for a couple months now.  Lately, I've noticed that it will not sync in the mornings.  I keep it turned on (although it's in 'sleep' mode) and plugged into the charger overnight.  In the mornings, I find that at some point overnight it has stopped syncing.  For example, my Facebook, Twitter and Weather is not updated, and when I tap on 'Refresh' I get a connection error message. Even when I go into Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync and tap 'Sync all' to manually sync the phone, it still doesn't sync. I am using my own WiFi and am connected with a strong signal (I don't feel that it's a WiFi problem because my iPod Touch and my secondary computer are both connected via WiFi and both have no connection problems).  I actually have to completely power off the phone, wait a few minutes, turn it back on, and then it will sync automatically on its own. 

Any ideas on what the problem can be?  Thanks in advance.

HTC Inspire not syncing overnight

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2011 5:55:14 AM
(0)
Master
Is the wifi set to sleep per its sleep policy? Go to settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > menu button > Advanced > wifi sleep policy.

I have mine set to never sleep while plugged in.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Is the wifi set to sleep per its sleep policy? Go to settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > menu button > Advanced > wifi sleep policy.

I have mine set to never sleep while plugged in.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: HTC Inspire not syncing overnight

2 of 3 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 7:15:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hi Ann, thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's really weird.  I have a full WiFi signal, and the phone even has the little 'Sync' icon on the top to show that it is Syncing.  But nothing happens; I still get a 'connection error' or 'failed to retrieve data' when trying to access some sites.

It's just extremely annoying when I grab my phone and go in the morning and then when I use it I get those errors and no sync and then I have to shut the darn thing down for a few minutes and turn it back on to get it to work properly.

Hi Ann, thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's really weird.  I have a full WiFi signal, and the phone even has the little 'Sync' icon on the top to show that it is Syncing.  But nothing happens; I still get a 'connection error' or 'failed to retrieve data' when trying to access some sites.

It's just extremely annoying when I grab my phone and go in the morning and then when I use it I get those errors and no sync and then I have to shut the darn thing down for a few minutes and turn it back on to get it to work properly.

Re: HTC Inspire not syncing overnight

3 of 3 (389 Views)