Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Feb 21, 2011
5:55:06 AM
View profile
HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

Apparently ATT has confirmed that the HTC Inspire has a modem that can only do 4G downloads.

 

4G uploads are limited to 3G.

 

Wow!

 

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-confirms-inspire-4g-does-not-feature-hsupa

Apparently ATT has confirmed that the HTC Inspire has a modem that can only do 4G downloads.

 

4G uploads are limited to 3G.

 

Wow!

 

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-confirms-inspire-4g-does-not-feature-hsupa

HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

2,838 views
47 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(47)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 10:00:08 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

 


wvmstr wrote:

Apparently ATT has confirmed that the HTC Inspire has a modem that can only do 4G downloads.

 

4G uploads are limited to 3G.

 

Wow!

 

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-confirms-inspire-4g-does-not-feature-hsupa


 

4G = Hspa+

Hspa+ = HSDPA 14.4 + HSUPA

HSDPA 14.4 + 0 = (.5)Hspa+

Inspire 4g = (.5)Hspa+

Hspa+ = 4g

4g(.5) = 2g

Inspire 4g = 2g

 


wvmstr wrote:

Apparently ATT has confirmed that the HTC Inspire has a modem that can only do 4G downloads.

 

4G uploads are limited to 3G.

 

Wow!

 

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-confirms-inspire-4g-does-not-feature-hsupa


 

4G = Hspa+

Hspa+ = HSDPA 14.4 + HSUPA

HSDPA 14.4 + 0 = (.5)Hspa+

Inspire 4g = (.5)Hspa+

Hspa+ = 4g

4g(.5) = 2g

Inspire 4g = 2g

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

2 of 48 (2,779 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 5:59:04 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

im getting slower than 3G downloads..so heck why not pile this on too.

im getting slower than 3G downloads..so heck why not pile this on too.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

3 of 48 (2,709 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 5:14:50 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by WirelessForeman on Feb 22, 2011 at 5:26:24 AM

This is sheer (inappropriate comment edited). False advertising? Breach of contract? U decide.
Just tell me WHY?........

 

 

Mod Note: Please do not go around the word filter. Thank you.

This is sheer (inappropriate comment edited). False advertising? Breach of contract? U decide.
Just tell me WHY?........

 

 

Mod Note: Please do not go around the word filter. Thank you.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
4 of 48 (2,666 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 1:12:41 PM
0
(0)
Expert

According to what I have read, only the 4G upload speed is disabled...which can be enabled via hack.  Fair warning: the hack may void your warranty so only try that at your own risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

According to what I have read, only the 4G upload speed is disabled...which can be enabled via hack.  Fair warning: the hack may void your warranty so only try that at your own risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

5 of 48 (2,617 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 9:53:39 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by gumby72 on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:54:01 PM

I can't wait until ATT starts getting sued and then they can start treating us the same as the Iphone users who get way faster upload speeds than us for the same monthly rate! You jump on board and buy these new devices only to find out they are crippled. WE DONT WANT IPHONES! I look forward to seeing the civil suit started so I can sign up as I have an Inpire and an Atrix and thy both are like this. Reduce my monthly data charge if we are not going to get the same capabilities as Iphone users. Kind of a little prejudice there towards non Iphone users. Same feeling I get when ATT tells me I can upgrade to an Iphone 3 months early last week for $199 and when I asked about the Inspire or Atrix it was price plus $200 early upgrade. Thats fair! Cellular Equality is what I want to see!

I can't wait until ATT starts getting sued and then they can start treating us the same as the Iphone users who get way faster upload speeds than us for the same monthly rate! You jump on board and buy these new devices only to find out they are crippled. WE DONT WANT IPHONES! I look forward to seeing the civil suit started so I can sign up as I have an Inpire and an Atrix and thy both are like this. Reduce my monthly data charge if we are not going to get the same capabilities as Iphone users. Kind of a little prejudice there towards non Iphone users. Same feeling I get when ATT tells me I can upgrade to an Iphone 3 months early last week for $199 and when I asked about the Inspire or Atrix it was price plus $200 early upgrade. Thats fair! Cellular Equality is what I want to see!

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
6 of 48 (2,456 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 6:26:28 AM
0
(0)
Professor

 


gumby72 wrote:

I can't wait until ATT starts getting sued and then they can start treating us the same as the Iphone users who get way faster upload speeds than us for the same monthly rate! 

Reduce my monthly data charge if we are not going to get the same capabilities as Iphone users.


 

Everyone pays the same rate for data plans regardless of the capabilities of the device.  There are no differences in pricing for EDGE, 3G or "4G" devices.

The ONLY exception was the original iPhone which got a $20 unlimited data plan and that is no longer available except to customers currently on the plan.

 

You pay for data... stop the rant about being shafted, it's just garbage.

 

That being said, I completely understand the frustration of having a device that is physically capable of doing x and having that feature limted/crippled by the bloatware that AT&T (and other carriers) are notorius for putting on their ROMs.

 

I would be looking at HowardForums, XDA, and other sites to find ways to turn that feature back on if I were in your shoes.

 


gumby72 wrote:

I can't wait until ATT starts getting sued and then they can start treating us the same as the Iphone users who get way faster upload speeds than us for the same monthly rate! 

Reduce my monthly data charge if we are not going to get the same capabilities as Iphone users.


 

Everyone pays the same rate for data plans regardless of the capabilities of the device.  There are no differences in pricing for EDGE, 3G or "4G" devices.

The ONLY exception was the original iPhone which got a $20 unlimited data plan and that is no longer available except to customers currently on the plan.

 

You pay for data... stop the rant about being shafted, it's just garbage.

 

That being said, I completely understand the frustration of having a device that is physically capable of doing x and having that feature limted/crippled by the bloatware that AT&T (and other carriers) are notorius for putting on their ROMs.

 

I would be looking at HowardForums, XDA, and other sites to find ways to turn that feature back on if I were in your shoes.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

7 of 48 (2,426 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 7:27:59 AM
0
(0)
Professor

satchev wrote:

  

Everyone pays the same rate for data plans regardless of the capabilities of the device.  There are no differences in pricing for EDGE, 3G or "4G" devices.

The ONLY exception was the original iPhone which got a $20 unlimited data plan and that is no longer available except to customers currently on the plan.

 

You pay for data... stop the rant about being shafted, it's just garbage.

 

That being said, I completely understand the frustration of having a device that is physically capable of doing x and having that feature limted/crippled by the bloatware that AT&T (and other carriers) are notorius for putting on their ROMs.

 

I would be looking at HowardForums, XDA, and other sites to find ways to turn that feature back on if I were in your shoes.


So far, the only carrier I've seen reported to cap upload speeds is AT&T. I find it amusing that you say "it's just garbage" and then turn around and say "I completely understand the frustration". Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.


satchev wrote:

  

Everyone pays the same rate for data plans regardless of the capabilities of the device.  There are no differences in pricing for EDGE, 3G or "4G" devices.

The ONLY exception was the original iPhone which got a $20 unlimited data plan and that is no longer available except to customers currently on the plan.

 

You pay for data... stop the rant about being shafted, it's just garbage.

 

That being said, I completely understand the frustration of having a device that is physically capable of doing x and having that feature limted/crippled by the bloatware that AT&T (and other carriers) are notorius for putting on their ROMs.

 

I would be looking at HowardForums, XDA, and other sites to find ways to turn that feature back on if I were in your shoes.


So far, the only carrier I've seen reported to cap upload speeds is AT&T. I find it amusing that you say "it's just garbage" and then turn around and say "I completely understand the frustration". Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

8 of 48 (2,412 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 7:54:17 AM
0
(0)
Professor

 


sitnsidewayz wrote:
Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.

 

Yes, Android (and other smartphone) users pay the same amount.

Yes, you are getting the same product, the product is cellular data.

 

Not all iPhone users get the same upload speeds.  Only the iPhone4 is capable of HSUPA speeds, the 3g, 3GS and original iPhone are not.

Lumping users together because of a device type is silly... Based on your rationale, iPhone4 users should be paying more for data because they can achieve faster upload speeds.  That is just ridiculous.

 


sitnsidewayz wrote:
Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.

 

Yes, Android (and other smartphone) users pay the same amount.

Yes, you are getting the same product, the product is cellular data.

 

Not all iPhone users get the same upload speeds.  Only the iPhone4 is capable of HSUPA speeds, the 3g, 3GS and original iPhone are not.

Lumping users together because of a device type is silly... Based on your rationale, iPhone4 users should be paying more for data because they can achieve faster upload speeds.  That is just ridiculous.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

9 of 48 (2,411 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 8:29:19 AM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by Glomag on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:07:42 AM

satchev wrote:

 


sitnsidewayz wrote:
Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.

 

Yes, Android (and other smartphone) users pay the same amount.

Yes, you are getting the same product, the product is cellular data.

 

Not all iPhone users get the same upload speeds.  Only the iPhone4 is capable of HSUPA speeds, the 3g, 3GS and original iPhone are not.

Lumping users together because of a device type is silly... Based on your rationale, iPhone4 users should be paying more for data because they can achieve faster upload speeds.  That is just ridiculous.


And that's just your worthless opinion. The broadband and dsl providers charge different prices for different speeds, so it is not far fetched. Although, that is not what I'm proposing. This is not a case of just user location. This is a case where AT&T is intentionally capping data speed. I'm proposing they be fair and stop this practice. {keep it courteous}


satchev wrote:

 


sitnsidewayz wrote:
Android users pay the same amount for data as iPhone users, so they should be getting the same product for the same price, which they are not. The frustration is warranted. Whether you agree with it or not.

 

Yes, Android (and other smartphone) users pay the same amount.

Yes, you are getting the same product, the product is cellular data.

 

Not all iPhone users get the same upload speeds.  Only the iPhone4 is capable of HSUPA speeds, the 3g, 3GS and original iPhone are not.

Lumping users together because of a device type is silly... Based on your rationale, iPhone4 users should be paying more for data because they can achieve faster upload speeds.  That is just ridiculous.


And that's just your worthless opinion. The broadband and dsl providers charge different prices for different speeds, so it is not far fetched. Although, that is not what I'm proposing. This is not a case of just user location. This is a case where AT&T is intentionally capping data speed. I'm proposing they be fair and stop this practice. {keep it courteous}

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
10 of 48 (2,406 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 10:25:14 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
That's my complaint. Why only lock non iPhone devices? What gives iPhone priority over other smartphone?
That's my complaint. Why only lock non iPhone devices? What gives iPhone priority over other smartphone?

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

11 of 48 (1,346 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 5:06:04 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
+1. Very good question. How did the iphoners avoid getting chumped by ATT. Did they pay an extra fee? Lookout,here comes the ATT employees/apologists/doubletalkers to justify this underhanded ripoff......don't payem no mind.
+1. Very good question. How did the iphoners avoid getting chumped by ATT. Did they pay an extra fee? Lookout,here comes the ATT employees/apologists/doubletalkers to justify this underhanded ripoff......don't payem no mind.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

12 of 48 (1,320 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 1:52:51 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

It is such a bad idea to leave someone with a new phone with a bad feeling about it. I like the Atrix and the reason I am not staying with it is it will be a while before someone figures a way to unlock this cap on the upload speed. I went back to my inspire just because I rooted it and put a Desire HD rom on it and can upload at 1.2mbps pretty easily vs 300k. Maybe other smartphoens should be $10 less on data if they are going to not be given its full capabilities.

It is such a bad idea to leave someone with a new phone with a bad feeling about it. I like the Atrix and the reason I am not staying with it is it will be a while before someone figures a way to unlock this cap on the upload speed. I went back to my inspire just because I rooted it and put a Desire HD rom on it and can upload at 1.2mbps pretty easily vs 300k. Maybe other smartphoens should be $10 less on data if they are going to not be given its full capabilities.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

13 of 48 (1,286 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 3:26:18 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Tilt-A-Rama on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:36:57 PM

+1. BUYER BEWARE. All Atrix &; Inspire models have been tampered with by AT&T. And,they won't tell u why. If anyone can get an answer,plz letus know.

+1. BUYER BEWARE. All Atrix &; Inspire models have been tampered with by AT&T. And,they won't tell u why. If anyone can get an answer,plz letus know.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
14 of 48 (1,279 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 2:24:15 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pazzo02 on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:52:59 PM

Multiple sites are reporting that HSUPA for the Inspire will be turned on in a ROM update that should be coming out shortly.  Now we can start complaining about the download speeds.  3 mb is 4G speed?  I think not!

Multiple sites are reporting that HSUPA for the Inspire will be turned on in a ROM update that should be coming out shortly.  Now we can start complaining about the download speeds.  3 mb is 4G speed?  I think not!

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
15 of 48 (1,156 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 6:54:35 PM
0
(0)
Teacher

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

16 of 48 (1,092 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2011 6:30:23 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

 


BassLine wrote:

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!


 

Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested.   The 3G standard has a minimum download speed of only 200 kbps (0.2 Mbps), and on 3G, I pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps.  Now on the the HSPA+ fiber backhaul, I pretty normally get 2 to 3 Mbps, and up to 4Mbps.  AT&T has only ever said that the fiber backhaul would get speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps.

 

Yes, its disappointing to see Verizon Thunderbolt owners getting DL speeds of up to 33 Mbps.  But if you are expecting speed like that on ATT's HSPA+ service, its not going to happen.  You'll need to wait until LTE is deployed, or move to another carrier.

 


BassLine wrote:

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!


 

Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested.   The 3G standard has a minimum download speed of only 200 kbps (0.2 Mbps), and on 3G, I pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps.  Now on the the HSPA+ fiber backhaul, I pretty normally get 2 to 3 Mbps, and up to 4Mbps.  AT&T has only ever said that the fiber backhaul would get speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps.

 

Yes, its disappointing to see Verizon Thunderbolt owners getting DL speeds of up to 33 Mbps.  But if you are expecting speed like that on ATT's HSPA+ service, its not going to happen.  You'll need to wait until LTE is deployed, or move to another carrier.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

17 of 48 (1,057 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 3:35:58 AM
0
(0)
Teacher
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

18 of 48 (1,026 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 6:37:10 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Mar 29, 2011 at 6:43:14 AM

 


BassLine wrote:
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.

Who's Noone?

 

Major metroplitan areas tend to have lots of congestion, and can actually have very poor data speeds.  What kind of speeds were you seeing before, like maybe 6 months or a year ago?  You haven't mentioned whether the speeds in your are have improved or not.  It seems that suburbs are actually the sweet spot for data speed.  Enough customers for AT&T to perform the upgrades, but not so many that it congests the network.  This is where I have seen the best speeds.  You're making pretty broad statements that make it sound like all people in HSPA+ areas are getting poor speeds.  As I already mentioned, I've seen up to 4 Mbps (fairly occassionally), and around 3 Mbps pretty frequently.  I have seen similar or better results by other users.  But of course its going to vary greatly by location, time of day, etc.  I'm sure in your case you are correct.

 

When AT&T says "up to 6 Mbps" that means its ridiculous to expect much more than that.  And that's most likely a peak DL speed, at best.  So you can probably expect much less than that on average.  It seems like people are expecting huge leaps in speeds, but for that you're going to have to wait until LTE.

 

 

 


BassLine wrote:
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.

Who's Noone?

 

Major metroplitan areas tend to have lots of congestion, and can actually have very poor data speeds.  What kind of speeds were you seeing before, like maybe 6 months or a year ago?  You haven't mentioned whether the speeds in your are have improved or not.  It seems that suburbs are actually the sweet spot for data speed.  Enough customers for AT&T to perform the upgrades, but not so many that it congests the network.  This is where I have seen the best speeds.  You're making pretty broad statements that make it sound like all people in HSPA+ areas are getting poor speeds.  As I already mentioned, I've seen up to 4 Mbps (fairly occassionally), and around 3 Mbps pretty frequently.  I have seen similar or better results by other users.  But of course its going to vary greatly by location, time of day, etc.  I'm sure in your case you are correct.

 

When AT&T says "up to 6 Mbps" that means its ridiculous to expect much more than that.  And that's most likely a peak DL speed, at best.  So you can probably expect much less than that on average.  It seems like people are expecting huge leaps in speeds, but for that you're going to have to wait until LTE.

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
19 of 48 (1,013 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 9:21:07 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

 


redpoint73 wrote:

 


BassLine wrote:

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!


 

Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested.   The 3G standard has a minimum download speed of only 200 kbps (0.2 Mbps), and on 3G, I pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps.  Now on the the HSPA+ fiber backhaul, I pretty normally get 2 to 3 Mbps, and up to 4Mbps.  AT&T has only ever said that the fiber backhaul would get speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps.

 

Yes, its disappointing to see Verizon Thunderbolt owners getting DL speeds of up to 33 Mbps.  But if you are expecting speed like that on ATT's HSPA+ service, its not going to happen.  You'll need to wait until LTE is deployed, or move to another carrier.


 

Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all.  That's like saying everyone loves AT&T.  Just because you "pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps" does not mean everyone will be able to get that or that you will always get that speeds no matter where you are.

 

Also not all companies state clearly "up to _ Mbps."  Some simply state "_ Mbps."  At this time there is massive speculation that AT&T is not getting "true" 4G.  You might want to check that out. This from the same place you got "up to 6 Mbps." "Actual speeds experienced will vary and depend on several factors, including location, device, environment, and capacity.  LTE is expected to deliver even faster speeds." 

 

That might clear a few things up.  And I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 

 


redpoint73 wrote:

 


BassLine wrote:

So when do you get real 4G? The people in areas that they say 4G is on,say that they see no improvement over 3G!


 

Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested.   The 3G standard has a minimum download speed of only 200 kbps (0.2 Mbps), and on 3G, I pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps.  Now on the the HSPA+ fiber backhaul, I pretty normally get 2 to 3 Mbps, and up to 4Mbps.  AT&T has only ever said that the fiber backhaul would get speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps.

 

Yes, its disappointing to see Verizon Thunderbolt owners getting DL speeds of up to 33 Mbps.  But if you are expecting speed like that on ATT's HSPA+ service, its not going to happen.  You'll need to wait until LTE is deployed, or move to another carrier.


 

Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all.  That's like saying everyone loves AT&T.  Just because you "pretty regularly got around 1 Mbps" does not mean everyone will be able to get that or that you will always get that speeds no matter where you are.

 

Also not all companies state clearly "up to _ Mbps."  Some simply state "_ Mbps."  At this time there is massive speculation that AT&T is not getting "true" 4G.  You might want to check that out. This from the same place you got "up to 6 Mbps." "Actual speeds experienced will vary and depend on several factors, including location, device, environment, and capacity.  LTE is expected to deliver even faster speeds." 

 

That might clear a few things up.  And I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

20 of 48 (996 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 9:27:19 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

 


redpoint73 wrote:

 


BassLine wrote:
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.

Who's Noone?

 

Major metroplitan areas tend to have lots of congestion, and can actually have very poor data speeds.  What kind of speeds were you seeing before, like maybe 6 months or a year ago?  You haven't mentioned whether the speeds in your are have improved or not.  It seems that suburbs are actually the sweet spot for data speed.  Enough customers for AT&T to perform the upgrades, but not so many that it congests the network.  This is where I have seen the best speeds.  You're making pretty broad statements that make it sound like all people in HSPA+ areas are getting poor speeds.  As I already mentioned, I've seen up to 4 Mbps (fairly occassionally), and around 3 Mbps pretty frequently.  I have seen similar or better results by other users.  But of course its going to vary greatly by location, time of day, etc.  I'm sure in your case you are correct.

 

When AT&T says "up to 6 Mbps" that means its ridiculous to expect much more than that.  And that's most likely a peak DL speed, at best.  So you can probably expect much less than that on average.  It seems like people are expecting huge leaps in speeds, but for that you're going to have to wait until LTE.

 

 


 

Repoint, it shouldn't matter if the speeds have improved or not.  Bassline has stated he hasn't been getting the 4G speeds at all.  That would be a huge red flag to me and I'd be calling AT&Terrible's cust serv in a matter of seconds asking what's going on and if they can't resolve the issue I'd see about canceling the contract and nixing any ETF's as AT&T is in violation of the TOS of the contract.  That's simple enough. No explanation needed Smiley Happy

 

It's not ridiculous for Bassline to expect speeds at some point to at least hit 4G.  That is what he's paying for.  It's what everyone that is in that paticular plan is paying for.  Not even coming close to that speed at least part of the time is truly unacceptable.  Waiting for LTE is not going to be perfect either.  It's going to have it's gliche's and pop's and cracks. 

 


redpoint73 wrote:

 


BassLine wrote:
I think I can say,without fear of contradiction,that people in the supposed 4G areas that don't get 4G speeds,are checking speeds at all times and places. I know I would. That way,when I complain about speeds,Noone can say I'm wrong. As far as them stating "up to 6 Mb",that's obviously a disclaimer. As in,"we only said "up to"6 Mbs". I've only seen "up to" 2Mbs. 24/7. Don't even ask about upload. Major metropolitan area,5 blocks from a huge ATT array. They're wrong? Pure speculation.

Who's Noone?

 

Major metroplitan areas tend to have lots of congestion, and can actually have very poor data speeds.  What kind of speeds were you seeing before, like maybe 6 months or a year ago?  You haven't mentioned whether the speeds in your are have improved or not.  It seems that suburbs are actually the sweet spot for data speed.  Enough customers for AT&T to perform the upgrades, but not so many that it congests the network.  This is where I have seen the best speeds.  You're making pretty broad statements that make it sound like all people in HSPA+ areas are getting poor speeds.  As I already mentioned, I've seen up to 4 Mbps (fairly occassionally), and around 3 Mbps pretty frequently.  I have seen similar or better results by other users.  But of course its going to vary greatly by location, time of day, etc.  I'm sure in your case you are correct.

 

When AT&T says "up to 6 Mbps" that means its ridiculous to expect much more than that.  And that's most likely a peak DL speed, at best.  So you can probably expect much less than that on average.  It seems like people are expecting huge leaps in speeds, but for that you're going to have to wait until LTE.

 

 


 

Repoint, it shouldn't matter if the speeds have improved or not.  Bassline has stated he hasn't been getting the 4G speeds at all.  That would be a huge red flag to me and I'd be calling AT&Terrible's cust serv in a matter of seconds asking what's going on and if they can't resolve the issue I'd see about canceling the contract and nixing any ETF's as AT&T is in violation of the TOS of the contract.  That's simple enough. No explanation needed Smiley Happy

 

It's not ridiculous for Bassline to expect speeds at some point to at least hit 4G.  That is what he's paying for.  It's what everyone that is in that paticular plan is paying for.  Not even coming close to that speed at least part of the time is truly unacceptable.  Waiting for LTE is not going to be perfect either.  It's going to have it's gliche's and pop's and cracks. 

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

21 of 48 (1,184 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 9:49:48 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Mar 29, 2011 at 9:55:53 AM

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all. 


 

My apologies if my statement was overly broad, but you need to relax.  And try not quoting only PART of what I said, then saying its not possible.  I said: "Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested." 

 

The original statement by Bassline was "The people in areas that they say 4G is on, say that they see no improvement over 3G!"  This statement in itself is overly broad and not true.  I am in area that has received the HSPA+ upgrade, and I say its faster than 3G and faster than it was before.

 

The upgrades have been made to the system.   How can it not be faster than it was before?  That makes no sense.  If those people feel like they are not experiencing faster speeds, then I suspect its due to the fact that so many more people are getting data service on their phones.  So if the upgrades had not been implemented, your data speed would probably be DECREASING.

 


crystalsno wrote:

  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!" 


4G doesn't cost any more than 3G (or for that matter people with smartphones that live in areas with only EDGE).  So I have no idea what you are talking about here.

 

Unfortunately the terms "4G speeds" or "real 4G" does not mean anything anymore.  Originally the 4G standard required 100 Mbps.  But all the carriers in the US mangled the terminology, and for some reason the ITU caved in and changed their definition of 4G.  So now the 4G standard does not contain any hard speed requirement whatsover.   Now it basically just says that as long as a better than it was before, its 4G (which is of course, ridiculous).  

 

http://www.goinglte.com/the-disorganization-of-a-4g-classification-how-the-itu-rendered-hspa-a-4g-st...

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'd like to get faster data speeds too.  I'm pretty unhappy about the fact that Verizon LTE is getting about an order of magnitude faster data speeds than us.

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all. 


 

My apologies if my statement was overly broad, but you need to relax.  And try not quoting only PART of what I said, then saying its not possible.  I said: "Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested." 

 

The original statement by Bassline was "The people in areas that they say 4G is on, say that they see no improvement over 3G!"  This statement in itself is overly broad and not true.  I am in area that has received the HSPA+ upgrade, and I say its faster than 3G and faster than it was before.

 

The upgrades have been made to the system.   How can it not be faster than it was before?  That makes no sense.  If those people feel like they are not experiencing faster speeds, then I suspect its due to the fact that so many more people are getting data service on their phones.  So if the upgrades had not been implemented, your data speed would probably be DECREASING.

 


crystalsno wrote:

  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!" 


4G doesn't cost any more than 3G (or for that matter people with smartphones that live in areas with only EDGE).  So I have no idea what you are talking about here.

 

Unfortunately the terms "4G speeds" or "real 4G" does not mean anything anymore.  Originally the 4G standard required 100 Mbps.  But all the carriers in the US mangled the terminology, and for some reason the ITU caved in and changed their definition of 4G.  So now the 4G standard does not contain any hard speed requirement whatsover.   Now it basically just says that as long as a better than it was before, its 4G (which is of course, ridiculous).  

 

http://www.goinglte.com/the-disorganization-of-a-4g-classification-how-the-itu-rendered-hspa-a-4g-standard/

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'd like to get faster data speeds too.  I'm pretty unhappy about the fact that Verizon LTE is getting about an order of magnitude faster data speeds than us.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
22 of 48 (1,181 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 9:54:43 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Repoint, it shouldn't matter if the speeds have improved or not.  Bassline has stated he hasn't been getting the 4G speeds at all.  That would be a huge red flag to me and I'd be calling AT&Terrible's cust serv in a matter of seconds asking what's going on and if they can't resolve the issue I'd see about canceling the contract and nixing any ETF's as AT&T is in violation of the TOS of the contract.  That's simple enough. No explanation needed Smiley Happy

 

It's not ridiculous for Bassline to expect speeds at some point to at least hit 4G.  That is what he's paying for.  It's what everyone that is in that paticular plan is paying for.  Not even coming close to that speed at least part of the time is truly unacceptable. 


 

It does matter whether the speeds have improved.  As noted in my post above, that is the ONLY speed requirement for 4G (for it to be improved over what it was before).  Yes, the fact the ITU made this ruling is garbage (maybe they were paid off by the cell carriers!), but that is the 4G standard now.

 

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Repoint, it shouldn't matter if the speeds have improved or not.  Bassline has stated he hasn't been getting the 4G speeds at all.  That would be a huge red flag to me and I'd be calling AT&Terrible's cust serv in a matter of seconds asking what's going on and if they can't resolve the issue I'd see about canceling the contract and nixing any ETF's as AT&T is in violation of the TOS of the contract.  That's simple enough. No explanation needed Smiley Happy

 

It's not ridiculous for Bassline to expect speeds at some point to at least hit 4G.  That is what he's paying for.  It's what everyone that is in that paticular plan is paying for.  Not even coming close to that speed at least part of the time is truly unacceptable. 


 

It does matter whether the speeds have improved.  As noted in my post above, that is the ONLY speed requirement for 4G (for it to be improved over what it was before).  Yes, the fact the ITU made this ruling is garbage (maybe they were paid off by the cell carriers!), but that is the 4G standard now.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

23 of 48 (1,176 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 10:01:26 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

Redpoint, nothing to relax about, this is an opinion forum and that's what I'm stating an opinion. I do appreciate your apology though as I'm sure Bassline does as well.

 

There is a reason why I quoted parts of your comments.  Those are the one's I disagree'd with.  Smiley Happy

 

I fully read what Bassline stated and I concurr with him.  I see where he is going with all that.  Along with a great number of people, when a company boasts about it's super new speeds etc, we expect to see those super new speeds as that is what we are paying them to give us. Correct?  It's been a proven fact that if everyone get's online at a particular time, the company knows this and should already be prepared for this to happen when it happens.  There should be some type of boost on the system when it's bogged down, again as that is what they are being paid for.  If they can't do this, then they need to get out of that market as there are plenty of other providers that can, will and do provide the speeds they boast about.  Smiley Happy

 

I said nothing about any difference in price of 3G vs. 4G.  My statement was simply you need to get what you pay for.  If you're paying for 4G you should get 4G the majority of the time if not all the time.  Say you go to a restaurant and place your order for a full chicken plate with all the fixing's and only get the chicken.  Wouldn't you demand your money back or some type of credit?  That's what I'm talking about.  I hope that helps you to understand it. 

 

If, "real 4G" and "true 4G" don't mean anything anymore, then why are many other customers, and businesses still using that term?  You might want to go out there and do the research.  There are way too many current links out there for me to post on here.  It's easy to google. Smiley Happy

 


Redpoint, nothing to relax about, this is an opinion forum and that's what I'm stating an opinion. I do appreciate your apology though as I'm sure Bassline does as well.

 

There is a reason why I quoted parts of your comments.  Those are the one's I disagree'd with.  Smiley Happy

 

I fully read what Bassline stated and I concurr with him.  I see where he is going with all that.  Along with a great number of people, when a company boasts about it's super new speeds etc, we expect to see those super new speeds as that is what we are paying them to give us. Correct?  It's been a proven fact that if everyone get's online at a particular time, the company knows this and should already be prepared for this to happen when it happens.  There should be some type of boost on the system when it's bogged down, again as that is what they are being paid for.  If they can't do this, then they need to get out of that market as there are plenty of other providers that can, will and do provide the speeds they boast about.  Smiley Happy

 

I said nothing about any difference in price of 3G vs. 4G.  My statement was simply you need to get what you pay for.  If you're paying for 4G you should get 4G the majority of the time if not all the time.  Say you go to a restaurant and place your order for a full chicken plate with all the fixing's and only get the chicken.  Wouldn't you demand your money back or some type of credit?  That's what I'm talking about.  I hope that helps you to understand it. 

 

If, "real 4G" and "true 4G" don't mean anything anymore, then why are many other customers, and businesses still using that term?  You might want to go out there and do the research.  There are way too many current links out there for me to post on here.  It's easy to google. Smiley Happy

 


Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

24 of 48 (1,170 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 11:34:05 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

Hopefully, this will make y'all happy...

 

AT&T confirmed to CNet that it will enable the HSUPA radios in the HTC Inspire 4G and Motorola Atrix 4G via a software update to be distributed at some point in April. Both devices shipped with HSUPA disabled. HSUPA provides faster uploads (up to 5.76Mbps).

 

 

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=7837

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Hopefully, this will make y'all happy...

 

AT&T confirmed to CNet that it will enable the HSUPA radios in the HTC Inspire 4G and Motorola Atrix 4G via a software update to be distributed at some point in April. Both devices shipped with HSUPA disabled. HSUPA provides faster uploads (up to 5.76Mbps).

 

 

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=7837

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

25 of 48 (1,151 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 12:09:01 PM
0
(0)
Professor

redpoint73 wrote:

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all. 


 

My apologies if my statement was overly broad, but you need to relax.  And try not quoting only PART of what I said, then saying its not possible.  I said: "Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested." 

 

The original statement by Bassline was "The people in areas that they say 4G is on, say that they see no improvement over 3G!"  This statement in itself is overly broad and not true.  I am in area that has received the HSPA+ upgrade, and I say its faster than 3G and faster than it was before.

 

The upgrades have been made to the system.   How can it not be faster than it was before?  That makes no sense.  If those people feel like they are not experiencing faster speeds, then I suspect its due to the fact that so many more people are getting data service on their phones.  So if the upgrades had not been implemented, your data speed would probably be DECREASING.

 


crystalsno wrote:

  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!" 


4G doesn't cost any more than 3G (or for that matter people with smartphones that live in areas with only EDGE).  So I have no idea what you are talking about here.

 

Unfortunately the terms "4G speeds" or "real 4G" does not mean anything anymore.  Originally the 4G standard required 100 Mbps.  But all the carriers in the US mangled the terminology, and for some reason the ITU caved in and changed their definition of 4G.  So now the 4G standard does not contain any hard speed requirement whatsover.   Now it basically just says that as long as a better than it was before, its 4G (which is of course, ridiculous).  

 

http://www.goinglte.com/the-disorganization-of-a-4g-classification-how-the-itu-rendered-hspa-a-4g-st...

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'd like to get faster data speeds too.  I'm pretty unhappy about the fact that Verizon LTE is getting about an order of magnitude faster data speeds than us.


I wish people would quit using the argument that because a 4G plan costs the same as a 3G plan, AT&T doesn't have to deliver more than 3G speeds. It is silly. The fact is, they are two separate plans regardless of the costs. The unlimited family messaging plan costs the same $30 and you would expect AT&T to try and sub it for a data plan. When you order a shirt online, they can't ship you a wrong size or color just because it costs the same. You wouldn't expect any product to get substitute with another product just because it costs the same. The fact of the matter is, AT&T advertises higher speeds with this different plan, so I expect higher speeds with this plan. I had to by a specific phone just to get the plan.


redpoint73 wrote:

 


crystalsno wrote:

 Redpoint, how can ALL "those people be wrong?"  That is not possible at all. 


 

My apologies if my statement was overly broad, but you need to relax.  And try not quoting only PART of what I said, then saying its not possible.  I said: "Those people are wrong, or on the network when its really congested." 

 

The original statement by Bassline was "The people in areas that they say 4G is on, say that they see no improvement over 3G!"  This statement in itself is overly broad and not true.  I am in area that has received the HSPA+ upgrade, and I say its faster than 3G and faster than it was before.

 

The upgrades have been made to the system.   How can it not be faster than it was before?  That makes no sense.  If those people feel like they are not experiencing faster speeds, then I suspect its due to the fact that so many more people are getting data service on their phones.  So if the upgrades had not been implemented, your data speed would probably be DECREASING.

 


crystalsno wrote:

  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!" 


4G doesn't cost any more than 3G (or for that matter people with smartphones that live in areas with only EDGE).  So I have no idea what you are talking about here.

 

Unfortunately the terms "4G speeds" or "real 4G" does not mean anything anymore.  Originally the 4G standard required 100 Mbps.  But all the carriers in the US mangled the terminology, and for some reason the ITU caved in and changed their definition of 4G.  So now the 4G standard does not contain any hard speed requirement whatsover.   Now it basically just says that as long as a better than it was before, its 4G (which is of course, ridiculous).  

 

http://www.goinglte.com/the-disorganization-of-a-4g-classification-how-the-itu-rendered-hspa-a-4g-standard/

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'd like to get faster data speeds too.  I'm pretty unhappy about the fact that Verizon LTE is getting about an order of magnitude faster data speeds than us.


I wish people would quit using the argument that because a 4G plan costs the same as a 3G plan, AT&T doesn't have to deliver more than 3G speeds. It is silly. The fact is, they are two separate plans regardless of the costs. The unlimited family messaging plan costs the same $30 and you would expect AT&T to try and sub it for a data plan. When you order a shirt online, they can't ship you a wrong size or color just because it costs the same. You wouldn't expect any product to get substitute with another product just because it costs the same. The fact of the matter is, AT&T advertises higher speeds with this different plan, so I expect higher speeds with this plan. I had to by a specific phone just to get the plan.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

26 of 48 (1,142 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 1:23:22 PM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by pamelaz on Mar 29, 2011 at 2:56:23 PM

 


crystalsno wrote:

 I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 


 

{Please keep it courteous}

NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 4G.  NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 3G.

EVERYONE on AT&T that is paying for a data plan, is paying for data.

 

You will never get a credit from anyone at AT&T for the inability to connect at 3G or 4G speeds.

It's time you educate yourself a bit about what you are truly paying.

 

 


crystalsno wrote:

 I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 


 

{Please keep it courteous}

NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 4G.  NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 3G.

EVERYONE on AT&T that is paying for a data plan, is paying for data.

 

You will never get a credit from anyone at AT&T for the inability to connect at 3G or 4G speeds.

It's time you educate yourself a bit about what you are truly paying.

 

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
27 of 48 (1,136 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 1:57:01 PM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by pamelaz on Mar 29, 2011 at 2:56:38 PM

satchev wrote:

 


crystalsno wrote:

 I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 


 

{Please keep it courteous}

NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 4G.  NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 3G.

EVERYONE on AT&T that is paying for a data plan, is paying for data.

 

You will never get a credit from anyone at AT&T for the inability to connect at 3G or 4G speeds.

It's time you educate yourself a bit about what you are truly paying.


Well then, I want the $10 unlimited data for my Inspire. I know it will work with it. Data is data, why should I pay more? wink wink


satchev wrote:

 


crystalsno wrote:

 I, for one, don't care if things are "congested."  If  you pay for 4 G you should be able to maintain 4G speeds throughout the entire time you want that speed.  Otherwise I would demand a credit on my bill.  I'd call and say "guess what?  since your billing me for 4G and I'm not getting 4G then I want credit!"  I left a local cable internet company because I was paying for 3 Mbps but was usually only pushing 2 Mbps.  They NEVER stated " up to 3 Mbps."  Companies need to be careful about what they advertise and say. 


 

{Please keep it courteous}

NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 4G.  NO ONE on AT&T is paying for 3G.

EVERYONE on AT&T that is paying for a data plan, is paying for data.

 

You will never get a credit from anyone at AT&T for the inability to connect at 3G or 4G speeds.

It's time you educate yourself a bit about what you are truly paying.


Well then, I want the $10 unlimited data for my Inspire. I know it will work with it. Data is data, why should I pay more? wink wink

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

[ Edited ]
28 of 48 (1,122 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 6:15:02 PM
0
(0)
Teacher

Thats the only speed requirement? Is that its simply better? Most peoples new "4G" phones are faster,because the older ones were that slow. "I was getting 1Mbs with my ATT Fuze,but now Im getting 1.1Mbs!" U think that lets ATT off the hook! NOT! What kind of logic is that. This is not what we paid for. Ive been saying all along......Somebody paid somebody in the ITU to abandon any standards for this fake 4G. Who cares what your speeds used to be.

Thats the only speed requirement? Is that its simply better? Most peoples new "4G" phones are faster,because the older ones were that slow. "I was getting 1Mbs with my ATT Fuze,but now Im getting 1.1Mbs!" U think that lets ATT off the hook! NOT! What kind of logic is that. This is not what we paid for. Ive been saying all along......Somebody paid somebody in the ITU to abandon any standards for this fake 4G. Who cares what your speeds used to be.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

29 of 48 (1,098 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2011 5:42:35 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

 


BassLine wrote:

Thats the only speed requirement? Is that its simply better? Most peoples new "4G" phones are faster,because the older ones were that slow. "I was getting 1Mbs with my ATT Fuze,but now Im getting 1.1Mbs!" U think that lets ATT off the hook! NOT! What kind of logic is that. This is not what we paid for.


 

I wouldn't consider a 0.1 Mbps increase a "substantial level of improvement".  But I'm not sure the ITU even defines that. 

 

The standard is what it is.  People complaining about not having 4G do not have the facts on their side.  You're completely entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

 


BassLine wrote:

Thats the only speed requirement? Is that its simply better? Most peoples new "4G" phones are faster,because the older ones were that slow. "I was getting 1Mbs with my ATT Fuze,but now Im getting 1.1Mbs!" U think that lets ATT off the hook! NOT! What kind of logic is that. This is not what we paid for.


 

I wouldn't consider a 0.1 Mbps increase a "substantial level of improvement".  But I'm not sure the ITU even defines that. 

 

The standard is what it is.  People complaining about not having 4G do not have the facts on their side.  You're completely entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire no 4G upload - never!

30 of 48 (1,066 Views)
Share this post
Share this post