HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

I just order the HTC Inspire from Amazon for $20 plus I got waived activation and a 10% monthly discount off my AT&T bill Smiley Surprised)  Hopefully I love this phone as I've needed a new one bad!

AT&T Discount

Message 1 of 16
Tutor

Re: HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

Does this work for the iphone?

Message 2 of 16
Professor

Brinkly wrote:

Get an iPhone for $20?  Keep dreaming.  Apple does offer small student discounts on hardware (5% I think), so look on their website or aske at a Apple store to see if the iPhone qualifies.

As for the discount on monthly service, I think this is valid regardless of your device.  Not just for students, but many large companies get the same discount.

Message 3 of 16
ACE - Professor

Brinkly wrote:

Do you mean can you receive the 10% off on your monthly bill? If so, it is indeed possible to receive the discount on your monthly iPhone plan. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 16
Tutor

The iPhone for $20 would be awesome!  but no, that's not what I was asking.  I just wanted to know if the 10% discount would apply to iphone plans.

Message 5 of 16
ACE - Professor

Hi Brinkly. Smiley Happy

Indeed, the discount may still be applied to the iPhone plan. Smiley Happy (See previous response Smiley Wink )

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 16
Tutor

Ok thanks, that's good news. Now if the iphone 5 would be relased anytime soon that would be nice.

Message 7 of 16

Brinkly wrote:

Ok thanks, that's good news. Now if the iphone 5 would be relased anytime soon that would be nice.

It's suppose to be announced tomorrow!

Message 8 of 16
Teacher

What's the deal with this discount? any stipulations? 

Message 9 of 16
Professor

LynchTT wrote:

What's the deal with this discount? any stipulations? 

The $20 Inspire deal seems to be open for anyone on Amazon, for opening a new AT&T contract, and possibly existing contracts (if you qualify for an upgrade).

10% off montly service deal the OP posted is for students.  But you should also check if your company (if applicable) has a FAN number (corporate discount) with AT&T.  The corporate discount is 22% off monthly service.  I thought it was 10%, but I just checked my account, and its 22% off.  Don't know if this varies, depending on what kind of deal your company has with AT&T, but that's what I have.

Just enter your work email address into the following webpage (on the right side of the page) to see if your company has a FAN number/corporate discount:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/

Message 10 of 16
Teacher

Hmm no luck with a corporate discount and I'm also not a student, but thanks for the info. 

Message 11 of 16
Tutor

I'm looking to use this discount too. I'm still trying to decide what to get for a phone. Are people happy with the Inspire?

Message 12 of 16
Professor

WtLace wrote:

I'm looking to use this discount too. I'm still trying to decide what to get for a phone. Are people happy with the Inspire?

The HTC Vivid was just released.  It is pretty similar in form factor to the Inspire, but with a higher resolution screen and  more up-to-date specs.  Better CPU, more memory, more storage.  Plus LTE and also the 2100 MHz UMTS band if you want 3G while travelling in Europe.

The Inspire hardware is almost a year old.  Although it hasn't been on AT&T for that long (9 months), its pretty much a Desire HD (a year old) with AT&T bands.  I'd go with the Vivid.

Message 13 of 16
Teacher

I second redpoint

Message 14 of 16
Tutor

I used the Amazon Wireless Discount and ended up getting the HTC Vivid for $149.99 and the 10% off monthly. 

Message 15 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support