Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 27, 2011
9:38:05 AM
HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

I just order the HTC Inspire from Amazon for $20 plus I got waived activation and a 10% monthly discount off my AT&T bill Smiley Surprised)  Hopefully I love this phone as I've needed a new one bad!

AT&T Discount

I just order the HTC Inspire from Amazon for $20 plus I got waived activation and a 10% monthly discount off my AT&T bill Smiley Surprised)  Hopefully I love this phone as I've needed a new one bad!

AT&T Discount

HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 9:04:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Does this work for the iphone?

Re: HTC Inspire & AT&T discount

2 of 16 (1,300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 10:14:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:15:17 AM

Brinkly wrote:

Get an iPhone for $20?  Keep dreaming.  Apple does offer small student discounts on hardware (5% I think), so look on their website or aske at a Apple store to see if the iPhone qualifies.

As for the discount on monthly service, I think this is valid regardless of your device.  Not just for students, but many large companies get the same discount.

Brinkly wrote:

Get an iPhone for $20?  Keep dreaming.  Apple does offer small student discounts on hardware (5% I think), so look on their website or aske at a Apple store to see if the iPhone qualifies.

As for the discount on monthly service, I think this is valid regardless of your device.  Not just for students, but many large companies get the same discount.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 16 (1,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2011 2:05:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Brinkly wrote:

Do you mean can you receive the 10% off on your monthly bill? If so, it is indeed possible to receive the discount on your monthly iPhone plan. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Brinkly wrote:

Do you mean can you receive the 10% off on your monthly bill? If so, it is indeed possible to receive the discount on your monthly iPhone plan. Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (1,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 8:46:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

The iPhone for $20 would be awesome!  but no, that's not what I was asking.  I just wanted to know if the 10% discount would apply to iphone plans.

The iPhone for $20 would be awesome!  but no, that's not what I was asking.  I just wanted to know if the 10% discount would apply to iphone plans.

5 of 16 (1,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2011 1:18:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi Brinkly. Smiley Happy

Indeed, the discount may still be applied to the iPhone plan. Smiley Happy (See previous response Smiley Wink )

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi Brinkly. Smiley Happy

Indeed, the discount may still be applied to the iPhone plan. Smiley Happy (See previous response Smiley Wink )

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)

6 of 16 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2011 8:36:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ok thanks, that's good news. Now if the iphone 5 would be relased anytime soon that would be nice.

Ok thanks, that's good news. Now if the iphone 5 would be relased anytime soon that would be nice.

7 of 16 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 9:00:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

Brinkly wrote:

It's suppose to be announced tomorrow!

Brinkly wrote:

It's suppose to be announced tomorrow!

8 of 16 (1,195 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 9:35:51 AM
(0)
Teacher

What's the deal with this discount? any stipulations? 

9 of 16 (1,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 10:10:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:13:34 AM

LynchTT wrote:

The $20 Inspire deal seems to be open for anyone on Amazon, for opening a new AT&T contract, and possibly existing contracts (if you qualify for an upgrade).

10% off montly service deal the OP posted is for students.  But you should also check if your company (if applicable) has a FAN number (corporate discount) with AT&T.  The corporate discount is 22% off monthly service.  I thought it was 10%, but I just checked my account, and its 22% off.  Don't know if this varies, depending on what kind of deal your company has with AT&T, but that's what I have.

Just enter your work email address into the following webpage (on the right side of the page) to see if your company has a FAN number/corporate discount:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/

LynchTT wrote:

The $20 Inspire deal seems to be open for anyone on Amazon, for opening a new AT&T contract, and possibly existing contracts (if you qualify for an upgrade).

10% off montly service deal the OP posted is for students.  But you should also check if your company (if applicable) has a FAN number (corporate discount) with AT&T.  The corporate discount is 22% off monthly service.  I thought it was 10%, but I just checked my account, and its 22% off.  Don't know if this varies, depending on what kind of deal your company has with AT&T, but that's what I have.

Just enter your work email address into the following webpage (on the right side of the page) to see if your company has a FAN number/corporate discount:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/

[ Edited ]
10 of 16 (1,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 9:15:43 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hmm no luck with a corporate discount and I'm also not a student, but thanks for the info. 

Hmm no luck with a corporate discount and I'm also not a student, but thanks for the info. 

11 of 16 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 12:01:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm looking to use this discount too. I'm still trying to decide what to get for a phone. Are people happy with the Inspire?

I'm looking to use this discount too. I'm still trying to decide what to get for a phone. Are people happy with the Inspire?

12 of 16 (696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 11, 2011 12:46:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

WtLace wrote:

The HTC Vivid was just released.  It is pretty similar in form factor to the Inspire, but with a higher resolution screen and  more up-to-date specs.  Better CPU, more memory, more storage.  Plus LTE and also the 2100 MHz UMTS band if you want 3G while travelling in Europe.

The Inspire hardware is almost a year old.  Although it hasn't been on AT&T for that long (9 months), its pretty much a Desire HD (a year old) with AT&T bands.  I'd go with the Vivid.

WtLace wrote:

The HTC Vivid was just released.  It is pretty similar in form factor to the Inspire, but with a higher resolution screen and  more up-to-date specs.  Better CPU, more memory, more storage.  Plus LTE and also the 2100 MHz UMTS band if you want 3G while travelling in Europe.

The Inspire hardware is almost a year old.  Although it hasn't been on AT&T for that long (9 months), its pretty much a Desire HD (a year old) with AT&T bands.  I'd go with the Vivid.

13 of 16 (694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 9:27:43 AM
(0)
Teacher

I second redpoint

I second redpoint

14 of 16 (596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2011 11:19:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

I used the Amazon Wireless Discount and ended up getting the HTC Vivid for $149.99 and the 10% off monthly. 

I used the Amazon Wireless Discount and ended up getting the HTC Vivid for $149.99 and the 10% off monthly. 

15 of 16 (528 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2011 11:16:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

That;s a good price. $50 less than AT&T is selling it for.

That;s a good price. $50 less than AT&T is selling it for.

16 of 16 (500 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments