HTC Inspire Screen Non-Responsive

Contributor

HTC Inspire Screen Non-Responsive

[ Edited ]

I just purchased an HTC Inspire AT&T phone and love the phone. This is my first android device. I am experiencing frequent lock ups while texting or using just about any app. This started happening the first time I used the phone so I'm fairly certain it's probably not related to any of the couple of apps I've installed. The problem is the phone just becomes non-responsive. If I press the power button (not rebooting but just making the screen go black) and then press it again the phone is fine. I've tried rebooting (powering down ... not a factory reset) but this doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do to resolve? New phone?

Message 1 of 6 (605 Views)
Contributor

Re: HTC Inspire Screen Non-Responsive

I had a problem with my screen jumping around & non-responsive. Got a new phone before my thirty days were up. My phone now work great.

Message 2 of 6 (592 Views)
Contributor

I've also seen my screen jumping around but only a couple of times. I purchased this phone on Amazon wireless so hopefully they will replace the phone.

Message 3 of 6 (590 Views)
Master

brazz-1 wrote:

I've also seen my screen jumping around but only a couple of times. I purchased this phone on Amazon wireless so hopefully they will replace the phone.

Yes. I would recommend getting the phone exchanged for a different one. The next one should work fine, I'm guessing.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6 (568 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to give an update to close out this thread. Amazon wireless sent a new phone in speedy fashion and I haven't had a single lockup. It's been just over a month and I still love the phone.

Message 5 of 6 (460 Views)
Master

That's definitely good. I wish you the best of luck with this one. It looks like so far, so good! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (457 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.