Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 9, 2011
10:07:22 AM
View profile
HTC Inspire Notifications

Does anyone know how to set your HTC Inspire to flash notifications on the screen so it lights up when receiving a text?

Does anyone know how to set your HTC Inspire to flash notifications on the screen so it lights up when receiving a text?

HTC Inspire Notifications

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 10:39:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

From the Home Screen:  >Menu>Settings>Display>Notifications Flash> .... Select the checkboxes for the notifications you want.

From the Home Screen:  >Menu>Settings>Display>Notifications Flash> .... Select the checkboxes for the notifications you want.

Re: HTC Inspire Notifications

2 of 6 (1,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 1:01:44 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by MrSteve on May 9, 2011 at 1:03:37 PM

But... The notification light only flashes for a few minutes, then goes out. One of those things we wish wasn't happening, most of us would like it to stay flashing until we get that missed message, phone call, mail and so on.

But... The notification light only flashes for a few minutes, then goes out. One of those things we wish wasn't happening, most of us would like it to stay flashing until we get that missed message, phone call, mail and so on.

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (1,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2011 3:58:28 PM
(0)
Master
That is pretty much standard on HTC android phones. The LED will flash a notification for about five minutes and then stop. I think it is battery saving feature. This is just my opinion and past experience with older HTC android phones.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
That is pretty much standard on HTC android phones. The LED will flash a notification for about five minutes and then stop. I think it is battery saving feature. This is just my opinion and past experience with older HTC android phones.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 6 (1,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 5:33:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

There are app on the Android Market, like "LED Me Know" and "Missed Call", that let you customize the notification lights to your liking.  These should do what you want.  I think you need to turn off the default notifications if you use one of these apps, or you will receive duplicate notifications.

There are app on the Android Market, like "LED Me Know" and "Missed Call", that let you customize the notification lights to your liking.  These should do what you want.  I think you need to turn off the default notifications if you use one of these apps, or you will receive duplicate notifications.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2011 7:20:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Try SMS Popup in the market. You can customize the LED, notification, vibrate and popup box for individuals. Hasn't let me down so far. You will have to disable stock notifications so you're not getting them twice though.

Try SMS Popup in the market. You can customize the LED, notification, vibrate and popup box for individuals. Hasn't let me down so far. You will have to disable stock notifications so you're not getting them twice though.

6 of 6 (1,799 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments