Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2011
8:09:04 AM
View profile
HTC Inspire Loses Pictures in Gallery
Edited by ljf23 on Jun 9, 2011 at 8:10:47 AM

Pictures and videos only stay for a day or so and then are gone. Astro file manager has been suggested. Anyone know how this will work and is it safe to download?

Pictures and videos only stay for a day or so and then are gone. Astro file manager has been suggested. Anyone know how this will work and is it safe to download?

HTC Inspire Loses Pictures in Gallery

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2011 11:33:46 AM
(0)
Professor

ljf23 wrote:

A file manager will not solve it, but it will help you to troubleshoot it. With a file manager you will be able to navigate to the folder where the files are normally stored and see if they are still there and the phone is no longer reading them or if they are in fact being deleted. It's possible that another app you may have installed may have written a nomedia file into the folder and they are hidden. I recommend installing the Astro file manager or ES File Explorer and then navigating to sdcard/dcim/100MEDIA to see if the files are there and make sure there is not a nomedia file present.

ljf23 wrote:

A file manager will not solve it, but it will help you to troubleshoot it. With a file manager you will be able to navigate to the folder where the files are normally stored and see if they are still there and the phone is no longer reading them or if they are in fact being deleted. It's possible that another app you may have installed may have written a nomedia file into the folder and they are hidden. I recommend installing the Astro file manager or ES File Explorer and then navigating to sdcard/dcim/100MEDIA to see if the files are there and make sure there is not a nomedia file present.

Re: HTC Inspire Loses Pictures in Gallery

2 of 2 (619 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments