HTC Inspire / Apps limitation

Contributor

HTC Inspire / Apps limitation

I had just purchased 2 HTC inspire for both myself and my wife. Just switched from the Iphone. I was told that I could use droid apps from anywhere! Now I'm finding out that you can only install apps from the market!!! This is complete nonsense! If I wanted to be limited, I would have stayed with Iphone! I understand that this is strictly an AT&T thing. Apparently AT&T work out a deal with HTC to not allow access to any other app stores or markets but their own. There has to be something illegal about this!!!!! Is there anyway to install apps on this phone from other sources?

Message 1 of 18 (4,258 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: HTC Inspire / Apps limitation

It's about time they did this!

Message 16 of 18 (2,405 Views)
Professor

guandalf wrote:
Seems like AT&T is going to remove the restrictions of getting apps just from the Android marketplace http://m.bgr.com/2011/05/06/att-vp-dishes-on-android-windows-phone-handset-plans/#0_undefined,0_

Weren't they originally saying the same about the Inspire before its release (which obviously didn't turn out to be true)?

Message 17 of 18 (2,384 Views)
Contributor

Thanks so much for the info!  Looking forward to trying it.

Message 18 of 18 (2,374 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.