Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2011
9:59:23 PM
View profile
HTC Inspire 4G

A leaked ad shows the HTC Inspire 4G. The 4G looks like it will be HSPA+ but if T-Mobile can do it, I suppose AT&T might as well claim it. Looks like it will most likely have a 4.3" screen with sense so that will make it amazing. The only thing that would make me not purchase this would be whether or not it is going to be a dual-core phone. The Motorola Olympus looks good (minus Motoblur) so this will be tough decision. I have been waiting for well over a year for a good Android phone and I thought the Olympus might be it but now the decision looks a bit more complicated.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/htc-thunderbolt-for-verizon-and-inspire-4g-for-atandt-break-cover...

A leaked ad shows the HTC Inspire 4G. The 4G looks like it will be HSPA+ but if T-Mobile can do it, I suppose AT&T might as well claim it. Looks like it will most likely have a 4.3" screen with sense so that will make it amazing. The only thing that would make me not purchase this would be whether or not it is going to be a dual-core phone. The Motorola Olympus looks good (minus Motoblur) so this will be tough decision. I have been waiting for well over a year for a good Android phone and I thought the Olympus might be it but now the decision looks a bit more complicated.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/htc-thunderbolt-for-verizon-and-inspire-4g-for-atandt-break-cover/

HTC Inspire 4G

42 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(42)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 8:28:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
I remember that. No wifi bandwidth relief in Bklyn. Doesnt help me. Gimme LTE luv ATT!
I remember that. No wifi bandwidth relief in Bklyn. Doesnt help me. Gimme LTE luv ATT!

Re: HTC Inspire 4G

31 of 43 (1,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 10:07:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's all beginning to narrow down to the Inspire 4G, Infuse 4G, (despite it's largeness) or the Samsung Captivate. The videos on YouTube for this phone make it look stunning and very complex; a tough decision-breaker at best. I can't wait until the Inspire is finally released... How much would you estimate the full-retail price to be? Around $500-600? This phone would take a huge hit on me... I might have to wait a while before I actually buy it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It's all beginning to narrow down to the Inspire 4G, Infuse 4G, (despite it's largeness) or the Samsung Captivate. The videos on YouTube for this phone make it look stunning and very complex; a tough decision-breaker at best. I can't wait until the Inspire is finally released... How much would you estimate the full-retail price to be? Around $500-600? This phone would take a huge hit on me... I might have to wait a while before I actually buy it.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

32 of 43 (1,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 11:03:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

It's all beginning to narrow down to the Inspire 4G, Infuse 4G, (despite it's largeness) or the Samsung Captivate.

Have you done much research on the Captivate?  Big issues with CPU lag, GPS not working, and poor support from Samsung.  Plus the Captivate's cheap plasticky casing compares to the aluminum unibody on HTC phones like a Ford Fiesta compares to a Ferrari.  Don't know much about the Infuse, but there is no contest between the Inspire and the Captivate, IMO.

Wild Banchi wrote:

It's all beginning to narrow down to the Inspire 4G, Infuse 4G, (despite it's largeness) or the Samsung Captivate.

Have you done much research on the Captivate?  Big issues with CPU lag, GPS not working, and poor support from Samsung.  Plus the Captivate's cheap plasticky casing compares to the aluminum unibody on HTC phones like a Ford Fiesta compares to a Ferrari.  Don't know much about the Infuse, but there is no contest between the Inspire and the Captivate, IMO.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 43 (1,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 11:10:52 AM
(0)
Guru
I keep seeing people say the Captivate is "plastiky"...the battery cover, which is about 80% of the back, is made out of metal, aluminum I believe. It didnt feel cheap to me, but that's my opinion. It's the insides that weren't worth a flip...again, my opinion though.
I keep seeing people say the Captivate is "plastiky"...the battery cover, which is about 80% of the back, is made out of metal, aluminum I believe. It didnt feel cheap to me, but that's my opinion. It's the insides that weren't worth a flip...again, my opinion though.

34 of 43 (1,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 12:52:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Some (potentially) bad news about the Inspire 4G release date.  Someone on the Android Central forums posted (http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/56035-some-good-news-release-date.html) the Inspire is coming AFTER the Atrix.  That device is supposed to be released in early March (I've read March 1st here:  http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix-4g-coming-att-march-1), so we'd be looking at mid-March for this to actually come out.

That makes sense considering they weren't even allowed to boot up the Inspire at CES.

Some (potentially) bad news about the Inspire 4G release date.  Someone on the Android Central forums posted (http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/56035-some-good-news-release-date.html) the Inspire is coming AFTER the Atrix.  That device is supposed to be released in early March (I've read March 1st here:  http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix-4g-coming-att-march-1), so we'd be looking at mid-March for this to actually come out.

That makes sense considering they weren't even allowed to boot up the Inspire at CES.

35 of 43 (1,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 2:05:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

redpoint73 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yep, I've done enough research... The Inspire definitely has features that I like that the Captivate does not offer, (like camera flash) but it's still tough. The Captivate definitely beats the Inspire in terms of pricing, considering I will be paying full retail price for either of them. The Captivate also has that AMOLED screen...which can't really be beat. I've done a side-by-side comparison on phonearena.com that compares the Captivate's features with my current Mythic's. It doesn't have some that even my Mythic has, which is just a feature phone. When the Inspire is officially released, I'll compare that, too. But I don't think the Captivate looks of feels "plasticky", either. Looks pretty well-built if you ask me...

redpoint73 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yep, I've done enough research... The Inspire definitely has features that I like that the Captivate does not offer, (like camera flash) but it's still tough. The Captivate definitely beats the Inspire in terms of pricing, considering I will be paying full retail price for either of them. The Captivate also has that AMOLED screen...which can't really be beat. I've done a side-by-side comparison on phonearena.com that compares the Captivate's features with my current Mythic's. It doesn't have some that even my Mythic has, which is just a feature phone. When the Inspire is officially released, I'll compare that, too. But I don't think the Captivate looks of feels "plasticky", either. Looks pretty well-built if you ask me...

36 of 43 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 3:50:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

I would like to know if the inspire will have a front face camera? One site said it does but on the HTC site it only mentions the rear camera. It would seem it would have come with front camera considering the EVO and the atrix have this feature and also the Iphone 4. Looking for some feed back on this. Thanks.

I would like to know if the inspire will have a front face camera? One site said it does but on the HTC site it only mentions the rear camera. It would seem it would have come with front camera considering the EVO and the atrix have this feature and also the Iphone 4. Looking for some feed back on this. Thanks.

37 of 43 (1,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 4:17:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Did anyone see this today?  I think it seems kind of desperate, like this phone is outdated already.

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-inspire-4g-hits-att-2-13-for-100

Did anyone see this today?  I think it seems kind of desperate, like this phone is outdated already.

http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-inspire-4g-hits-att-2-13-for-100

38 of 43 (1,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 4:18:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

No front facing camera.

No front facing camera.

39 of 43 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2011 10:53:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
And the Atrix looks like it might be dropping for $150 at Amazon!
And the Atrix looks like it might be dropping for $150 at Amazon!

40 of 43 (1,082 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2011 8:05:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yep, I've done enough research... The Inspire definitely has features that I like that the Captivate does not offer, (like camera flash) but it's still tough. The Captivate definitely beats the Inspire in terms of pricing, considering I will be paying full retail price for either of them. The Captivate also has that AMOLED screen...which can't really be beat.

I've read a few side-by-side comparisons of the Galaxy S versus Desire Z and Desire HD, and the Galaxy S screen is described as only slightly better than  the Super LCD on the HTC phones.  Largely subjective, I'm sure, and I'd suggest comparing them yourselves once the Inspire is released.  To me, the AMOLED on the Samsung does not compare to what you lose in manufacturer and user support.  The Captivate is still stuck on Android 2.1 (and will be for the long term, from some rumors) unless you go to a custom ROM.  And the support by users such as the folks at XDA for HTC devices is always outstanding.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yep, I've done enough research... The Inspire definitely has features that I like that the Captivate does not offer, (like camera flash) but it's still tough. The Captivate definitely beats the Inspire in terms of pricing, considering I will be paying full retail price for either of them. The Captivate also has that AMOLED screen...which can't really be beat.

I've read a few side-by-side comparisons of the Galaxy S versus Desire Z and Desire HD, and the Galaxy S screen is described as only slightly better than  the Super LCD on the HTC phones.  Largely subjective, I'm sure, and I'd suggest comparing them yourselves once the Inspire is released.  To me, the AMOLED on the Samsung does not compare to what you lose in manufacturer and user support.  The Captivate is still stuck on Android 2.1 (and will be for the long term, from some rumors) unless you go to a custom ROM.  And the support by users such as the folks at XDA for HTC devices is always outstanding.

41 of 43 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2011 1:02:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yeah, I've heard that HTC is a very dependable, true brand. And their devices last for quite a while...

But as the days go on, it looks like the Captivate is coming my way... I'm narrowing it down to what I REALLY need, and what I really want. And it looks like the Captivate is filling that position...

Yeah, I've heard that HTC is a very dependable, true brand. And their devices last for quite a while...

But as the days go on, it looks like the Captivate is coming my way... I'm narrowing it down to what I REALLY need, and what I really want. And it looks like the Captivate is filling that position...

42 of 43 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2011 6:19:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
Looks like the Inspire comes with a 8GB card. Thunderbolt comes with a 32GB card init! Ouch!
Looks like the Inspire comes with a 8GB card. Thunderbolt comes with a 32GB card init! Ouch!

43 of 43 (857 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments