Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 8, 2011
8:00:28 PM
View profile
HTC Inspire 4G dies when I take a picture with flash on

It doesn't happen every single time, but 90% of the time, my phone will restart itself when I take a picture using the flash.  If I take a picture with the flash turned off, then phone will remain on and does not restart.

Is this an easy fix or a defective phone that needs to be returned to ATT for replacement?

It doesn't happen every single time, but 90% of the time, my phone will restart itself when I take a picture using the flash.  If I take a picture with the flash turned off, then phone will remain on and does not restart.

Is this an easy fix or a defective phone that needs to be returned to ATT for replacement?

HTC Inspire 4G dies when I take a picture with flash on

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2011 8:04:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jandlware wrote:

If this happens most of the time like you claim it does, I would definitely take it back to AT&T to exchange it. It certainly would be an inconvenience to have the phone turn off when you're trying to take a picture in low light or in the dark. I used to even use my phone's flash as a flashlight in the dark.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

jandlware wrote:

If this happens most of the time like you claim it does, I would definitely take it back to AT&T to exchange it. It certainly would be an inconvenience to have the phone turn off when you're trying to take a picture in low light or in the dark. I used to even use my phone's flash as a flashlight in the dark.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Inspire 4G dies when I take a picture with flash on

2 of 8 (1,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2011 7:39:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had one that did the same thing. I thought it was really strange, but it is interesting that someone else has the same problem.   I returned it to the warranty center and they replaced it.

I had one that did the same thing. I thought it was really strange, but it is interesting that someone else has the same problem.   I returned it to the warranty center and they replaced it.

3 of 8 (1,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 6:32:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I would try a factory reset, other wise if that doesn't help, exchange the phone for a new one, (which you can do within 30 days). It sounds like it might be a hardware defect.

I would try a factory reset, other wise if that doesn't help, exchange the phone for a new one, (which you can do within 30 days). It sounds like it might be a hardware defect.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (1,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 6:34:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have had the phone longer than 30 days.  Do you think ATT will swap my phone for a new one?

I have had the phone longer than 30 days.  Do you think ATT will swap my phone for a new one?

5 of 8 (1,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2011 7:23:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:23:16 AM

Its not their policy, but I suppose it never hurts to ask.  Typically, you need to send it in for repair or replacement (which may be a refurb) after 30 days.

Its not their policy, but I suppose it never hurts to ask.  Typically, you need to send it in for repair or replacement (which may be a refurb) after 30 days.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (1,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2011 7:46:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

Took my phone to the ATT store yesterday and an employee put a new battery in my phone and that corrected the issue.

My battery never held a charge very well to begin with, but I thought that was normal for 4G phones.  I didnt charge my new battery last night at all and have 75% charge left.  Normally if I don'tcharge my battery overnight, I have 30%-40% left on it.

Took my phone to the ATT store yesterday and an employee put a new battery in my phone and that corrected the issue.

My battery never held a charge very well to begin with, but I thought that was normal for 4G phones.  I didnt charge my new battery last night at all and have 75% charge left.  Normally if I don'tcharge my battery overnight, I have 30%-40% left on it.

7 of 8 (1,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2011 9:01:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

jandlware wrote:

Well, would you look at that. It never crossed my mind that the battery was the problem - of course, it could be a temporary solution, but you should be fine with the phone from now on so long as the issue does not return.

Glad to hear that it's working for you, now. Enjoy!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

jandlware wrote:

Well, would you look at that. It never crossed my mind that the battery was the problem - of course, it could be a temporary solution, but you should be fine with the phone from now on so long as the issue does not return.

Glad to hear that it's working for you, now. Enjoy!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 8 (1,153 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments