Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 5, 2011
7:54:01 AM
HTC INSPIRE

I recently got the HTC Inspire I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what not to do so I dont go over on my data plan?Im afraid to download or even browse any of the free apps on my phone,because Im not sure what apps would make me go over on data usage,use battery power and Im not really clear if while Im looking at all the free apps on my phone if I am using data usage while just browsing those free apps Thanks for any input Im sure this is probably a silly question but the whole going over on data usage has me scared to do anything on my phone as far as browsing free apps or even downloading free apps as to which are safe to use and which arent

I recently got the HTC Inspire I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what not to do so I dont go over on my data plan?Im afraid to download or even browse any of the free apps on my phone,because Im not sure what apps would make me go over on data usage,use battery power and Im not really clear if while Im looking at all the free apps on my phone if I am using data usage while just browsing those free apps Thanks for any input Im sure this is probably a silly question but the whole going over on data usage has me scared to do anything on my phone as far as browsing free apps or even downloading free apps as to which are safe to use and which arent

HTC INSPIRE

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2011 11:51:25 AM
(0)
Expert

momof1boyn2girls71 wrote:

Download the free version Data manager and install it, it keeps track of data usage. The other point is to configure wifi for home and if you place of business allows it, the wifi therer

Download the free version Data manager and install it, it keeps track of data usage. The other point is to configure wifi for home and if you place of business allows it, the wifi therer

Re: HTC INSPIRE

2 of 8 (897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 4:32:41 AM
(0)
Mentor
In addition, know that you will get text message alerts when you are close to going over.
In addition, know that you will get text message alerts when you are close to going over.

3 of 8 (832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 4:52:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I would assume that you're on the 200MB data plan...is that correct?

Hey, don't worry about it too much. You might as well use the phone for some things data-related. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I would assume that you're on the 200MB data plan...is that correct?

Hey, don't worry about it too much. You might as well use the phone for some things data-related. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2011 8:14:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

yes im on the 25 dollar 2mb data plan

5 of 8 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 3:26:03 AM
(0)
Expert

25 dollar plan is 2GB, the 200MB plan is 15.00. If you are paying 25.00 you have 2GB of data available

25 dollar plan is 2GB, the 200MB plan is 15.00. If you are paying 25.00 you have 2GB of data available

6 of 8 (780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2011 3:46:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

wingrider01 wrote:

2GB of data is more than enough to cover light to moderate data usage. You don't have to worry constantly about going over unless you stream music or video directly from your phone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

wingrider01 wrote:

2GB of data is more than enough to cover light to moderate data usage. You don't have to worry constantly about going over unless you stream music or video directly from your phone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 8 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:11:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

At $25 you have the 2 Gb plan.  This is a lot for normal browsing, downloading and updating apps, and what not.  As stated earlier, you might have a problem if you stream a lot of music or videos.  If you have the ability to login online you can login on your phone and check your data usage.  If you do a lot of streaming use WiFi as much as possible.  My wife and I decided to test how much data we used over the course of 5 day increments.  After 5 months of doing this we come to the conclusion I needed the 2GB plan (do not have a WiFi hotspot at work) and she only needed the 200Mb plan.

At $25 you have the 2 Gb plan.  This is a lot for normal browsing, downloading and updating apps, and what not.  As stated earlier, you might have a problem if you stream a lot of music or videos.  If you have the ability to login online you can login on your phone and check your data usage.  If you do a lot of streaming use WiFi as much as possible.  My wife and I decided to test how much data we used over the course of 5 day increments.  After 5 months of doing this we come to the conclusion I needed the 2GB plan (do not have a WiFi hotspot at work) and she only needed the 200Mb plan.

8 of 8 (550 Views)