Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 22, 2011
10:50:48 AM
HTC HD7S - Availability

My apologies if this has been posted already but is there a date on when the HD7S will be available in the AT&T retail stores?

My apologies if this has been posted already but is there a date on when the HD7S will be available in the AT&T retail stores?

HTC HD7S - Availability

53 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(53)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2011 9:38:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Have you looked into getting a Venue pro from Dell?  It's got a 4.1" screen and a keyboard.  Might be a bit thick compared to the veer but then it might be a good mid ground for as well.  only problem is you can only order it from dell as far as I know.

Have you looked into getting a Venue pro from Dell?  It's got a 4.1" screen and a keyboard.  Might be a bit thick compared to the veer but then it might be a good mid ground for as well.  only problem is you can only order it from dell as far as I know.

Re: HTC HD7S - Availability

31 of 54 (1,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2011 10:22:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hey AT&T !!!!

My upgrade date came and went in March 2011!!!

I have been PATIENTLY waiting for the HTC HD7S !!!!!

It is now May 18, 2011 and I am STILL WAITING !!!

Either bring out this phone or stop making us empty promises !!!

You said in the coming weeks....  It has already been TWO MONTHS !!!

This is just  *a little* more than a few weeks...  Smiley Sad

Just release the HD7S so we can give you all our money now !!!!!

Hey AT&T !!!!

My upgrade date came and went in March 2011!!!

I have been PATIENTLY waiting for the HTC HD7S !!!!!

It is now May 18, 2011 and I am STILL WAITING !!!

Either bring out this phone or stop making us empty promises !!!

You said in the coming weeks....  It has already been TWO MONTHS !!!

This is just  *a little* more than a few weeks...  Smiley Sad

Just release the HD7S so we can give you all our money now !!!!!

32 of 54 (1,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 4:31:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just read an article that says the HTC HD7S will be available on June 30, 2011 and it is available WITHOUT WiFi ?????

Tell me this is NOT true !!!

http://www.byemobile.com/mobile/HTC%20Mobiles/HD7S

I just read an article that says the HTC HD7S will be available on June 30, 2011 and it is available WITHOUT WiFi ?????

Tell me this is NOT true !!!

http://www.byemobile.com/mobile/HTC%20Mobiles/HD7S

33 of 54 (1,222 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 6:48:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That would be utterly sad if it was not Wi-Fi-supported. Most, if not all smartphones nowadays have Wi-Fi built into the phone that comes standard. Having such a newer high-end phone without the Wi-Fi capability would be very disappointing.

But I can see that you guys want this phone BAD!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That would be utterly sad if it was not Wi-Fi-supported. Most, if not all smartphones nowadays have Wi-Fi built into the phone that comes standard. Having such a newer high-end phone without the Wi-Fi capability would be very disappointing.

But I can see that you guys want this phone BAD!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

34 of 54 (1,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 7:41:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Mike-ro-soft on May 18, 2011 at 7:42:26 PM

Don't believe everything you read.  The HD7S will have WiFi.  WiFi is required as a minimum spec for Windows Phone 7.

Don't believe everything you read.  The HD7S will have WiFi.  WiFi is required as a minimum spec for Windows Phone 7.

[ Edited ]
35 of 54 (1,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 10:50:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just let you guys know, I just saw the HD7S at Frys today. Was walking around at the ATT phone section and there it was. Check your local Frys people!

Just let you guys know, I just saw the HD7S at Frys today. Was walking around at the ATT phone section and there it was. Check your local Frys people!

36 of 54 (1,170 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 12:07:36 PM
(0)
Guru
From twitter:
htc: We're pleased to share that the #HTC HD7S will hit @ATT stores on June 5th. Learn all the details, here: http://bit.ly/k9Tksu
From twitter:
htc: We're pleased to share that the #HTC HD7S will hit @ATT stores on June 5th. Learn all the details, here: http://bit.ly/k9Tksu

37 of 54 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 12:08:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

Looks like June 5th is the magic date:

https://www.facebook.com/ATT/posts/10150195125603909

Looks like June 5th is the magic date:

https://www.facebook.com/ATT/posts/10150195125603909

38 of 54 (1,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 10:11:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

I visited the local corp store on Sunday and they did not know anything about the HD7S being available on June 5th.

Has anyone gotten confirmation of the phones being availabe from a sales rep?

I visited the local corp store on Sunday and they did not know anything about the HD7S being available on June 5th.

Has anyone gotten confirmation of the phones being availabe from a sales rep?

39 of 54 (788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 10:27:59 AM
(0)
Guru
Most sales reps are clueless. I've gone in a couple times on launch days and had reps tell me they haven't heard of whatever phone it is I was after.

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/05/19/htc-hd7s-arriving-on-at-t-on-june-5th-for-199-99/
Most sales reps are clueless. I've gone in a couple times on launch days and had reps tell me they haven't heard of whatever phone it is I was after.

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/05/19/htc-hd7s-arriving-on-at-t-on-june-5th-for-199-99/

40 of 54 (785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 10:29:12 AM
(0)
Guru
This is directly from att.

http://bit.ly/k9Tksu
This is directly from att.

http://bit.ly/k9Tksu

41 of 54 (957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 1:03:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes that was the page that the rep looked at which shows coming soon and not a date.  i wanted to get a sense of when I could hold the working device in my hands.

Yes that was the page that the rep looked at which shows coming soon and not a date.  i wanted to get a sense of when I could hold the working device in my hands.

42 of 54 (945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 2:20:08 PM
(0)
Guru
It's all over as june 5th. I would place a nice wager on that date. Especially since its a Sunday. That's ATT's usual launch day.
It's all over as june 5th. I would place a nice wager on that date. Especially since its a Sunday. That's ATT's usual launch day.

43 of 54 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 31, 2011 3:35:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Cool.  thanks.

Cool.  thanks.

44 of 54 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2011 6:46:54 PM
(0)
Mentor
Got mine. It was in stock at my local AT&T store.
Got mine. It was in stock at my local AT&T store.

45 of 54 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2011 2:50:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Mine is Backordered Smiley Sad Ordered from ATT website on Sunday the 5th. Very frustrating chat sessions with customer service. Told me my order went to a warehouse (they have 4) that did not have any...but another warehouse had plenty, and that my order would transfer over there. No go....still no shipped confirmation. Why can't ATT get their ordering process streamlined? Same thing happed when I got my iPhone 4 from them last year...
Mine is Backordered Smiley Sad Ordered from ATT website on Sunday the 5th. Very frustrating chat sessions with customer service. Told me my order went to a warehouse (they have 4) that did not have any...but another warehouse had plenty, and that my order would transfer over there. No go....still no shipped confirmation. Why can't ATT get their ordering process streamlined? Same thing happed when I got my iPhone 4 from them last year...

46 of 54 (732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 5:48:30 AM
(0)
Teacher
And here is the kicker....it looks like this phone might be available at my locat AT&T stores, but AT&T won't let me cancel my online order because it is still in "Processing" status, wihch basically means BackOrdered. C'mon AT&T, his is LAME!
And here is the kicker....it looks like this phone might be available at my locat AT&T stores, but AT&T won't let me cancel my online order because it is still in "Processing" status, wihch basically means BackOrdered. C'mon AT&T, his is LAME!

47 of 54 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 8, 2011 8:08:49 AM
(0)
Teacher
Not meaning to SPAM this thread Smiley Happy Just as an update for anyone else in the same boat. I was able to cancel my order by calling the sales line (listed on the bottom of the Order Status page). I was buying this phone for the no-contract price...and found it cheaper (still brand new) on eBay. Take that AT&T!
Not meaning to SPAM this thread Smiley Happy Just as an update for anyone else in the same boat. I was able to cancel my order by calling the sales line (listed on the bottom of the Order Status page). I was buying this phone for the no-contract price...and found it cheaper (still brand new) on eBay. Take that AT&T!

48 of 54 (714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 9:35:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

I went to the AT&T store yesterday to see for myself why there seems to be considerable excitement over this phone.  The screen is indeed huge but the display itself was not that great.  I did a side-by-side comparison with another WM7 phone, the Samsung Focus, using the built-in sample photos.  (I checked to mke sure the brightness settings were identical). While the Focus has a 'smaller' 4-in screen the display was much brighter and the colors more vibrant than the HD7S.

Aside from the bigger screen (4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolution did not seem a big deal to me) is there any other feature why I should consider the HD7S?

I went to the AT&T store yesterday to see for myself why there seems to be considerable excitement over this phone.  The screen is indeed huge but the display itself was not that great.  I did a side-by-side comparison with another WM7 phone, the Samsung Focus, using the built-in sample photos.  (I checked to mke sure the brightness settings were identical). While the Focus has a 'smaller' 4-in screen the display was much brighter and the colors more vibrant than the HD7S.

Aside from the bigger screen (4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolution did not seem a big deal to me) is there any other feature why I should consider the HD7S?

49 of 54 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 3:41:41 PM
(0)
Employee
"Aside from the bigger screen (4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolution did not seem a big deal to me) is there any other feature why I should consider the HD7S?"

Go w an Android instead. Sooooo many more features. The inspire is my fav.
"Aside from the bigger screen (4.3 vs 4.0 at the same resolution did not seem a big deal to me) is there any other feature why I should consider the HD7S?"

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

50 of 54 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 5:55:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I'd have to agree - Android is the bomb. The reason why the Focus's screen is brighter and more vibrant is because it has a special technology developed by Samsung. It's called AMOLED, something the HTC phones do not have.

The Samsung Captivate is an Android phone with an AMOLED screen. I'm very pleased with mine.

I'd have to agree - Android is the bomb. The reason why the Focus's screen is brighter and more vibrant is because it has a special technology developed by Samsung. It's called AMOLED, something the HTC phones do not have.

The Samsung Captivate is an Android phone with an AMOLED screen. I'm very pleased with mine.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

51 of 54 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2011 10:38:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

Fiercekitty wrote:

Thanks but I already have an Android phone (Inspire), in addition to an iPhone 4 and the Tilt 2.  I have been waiting for the WM7 platform to mature a bit before upgrading my Tilt 2 but it seems I may have to wait a little bit more. 

I have been a Windows phone user since the early days of the MPX200 in 2003 and would really like to experience the next step in its evolution.  I took a look a the Focus when it first came out but the big deal-breaker for me was its inability to synch with Outlook (local installaton not Exchange server).  HTC has the HTC Synch utility which allowed my Android Inspire to synch with Outlook. 

I have more than 500 contacts in my Outlook accumulated over the last 10 years and migrating those to G-Mail (for the Inspire) or to Windows Live (for the Focus) would make me lose information fields that are not supported by those cloud services (for example, who is the assistant/secretary of a particular contact).

So I thought the HD7S would be my best option for a WM7 phone because of the HTC Synch utility.  But I was disappointed when I saw how dim the display was compared to the Samsung Focus.  I am concerned that the display would get washed out when used outside in the sun.  Even the Inspire screen looked brighter than the HD7S even though they are both made by HTC.

Oh well, so the wait continues for my next Windows phone.

Fiercekitty wrote:

Thanks but I already have an Android phone (Inspire), in addition to an iPhone 4 and the Tilt 2.  I have been waiting for the WM7 platform to mature a bit before upgrading my Tilt 2 but it seems I may have to wait a little bit more. 

I have been a Windows phone user since the early days of the MPX200 in 2003 and would really like to experience the next step in its evolution.  I took a look a the Focus when it first came out but the big deal-breaker for me was its inability to synch with Outlook (local installaton not Exchange server).  HTC has the HTC Synch utility which allowed my Android Inspire to synch with Outlook. 

I have more than 500 contacts in my Outlook accumulated over the last 10 years and migrating those to G-Mail (for the Inspire) or to Windows Live (for the Focus) would make me lose information fields that are not supported by those cloud services (for example, who is the assistant/secretary of a particular contact).

So I thought the HD7S would be my best option for a WM7 phone because of the HTC Synch utility.  But I was disappointed when I saw how dim the display was compared to the Samsung Focus.  I am concerned that the display would get washed out when used outside in the sun.  Even the Inspire screen looked brighter than the HD7S even though they are both made by HTC.

Oh well, so the wait continues for my next Windows phone.

52 of 54 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2011 6:48:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If the HD7S sounds like it fits your needs (despite the disappointing screen), you could always try it out for a minimum of 30 days and test it out to see if you would really like to keep this phone, and end your wait. Smiley Wink If you are not satisfied, return it before the thirty days and you will not have to pay an ETF or sign a new contract. A restocking fee would apt if you returned it, however.

It's worth a shot... Smiley Happy

If the HD7S sounds like it fits your needs (despite the disappointing screen), you could always try it out for a minimum of 30 days and test it out to see if you would really like to keep this phone, and end your wait. Smiley Wink If you are not satisfied, return it before the thirty days and you will not have to pay an ETF or sign a new contract. A restocking fee would apt if you returned it, however.

It's worth a shot... Smiley Happy

53 of 54 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 9:32:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:33:18 PM
I told you guys I'd find it!

Just browsing the "Phones and Devices" page tonight, I found it towards the very bottom. I don't know how long it has been around or if anyone has it gotten their hands on it yet, but the HD7S is $199.99 with a new two-year contract.

It's available here on the AT&T website: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=HTC+HD7S&q_sku=sku5200276#...

I told you guys I'd find it!

Just browsing the "Phones and Devices" page tonight, I found it towards the very bottom. I don't know how long it has been around or if anyone has it gotten their hands on it yet, but the HD7S is $199.99 with a new two-year contract.

It's available here on the AT&T website: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=HTC+HD7S&q_sku=sku5200276#fbid=UujVLkMCqNB

[ Edited ]
54 of 54 (636 Views)