HTC HD7S - Availability

Tutor

HTC HD7S - Availability

My apologies if this has been posted already but is there a date on when the HD7S will be available in the AT&T retail stores?

Message 1 of 54
Contributor

Re: HTC HD7S - Availability

lost iphone a couple months back. currently have my account account suspended waiting for this phone. was actually pretty close to switching to t-mobile originally until i saw the news post for this version. ashame support can't provide a heads-up on release date

Message 16 of 54
Zod
Tutor

Well another week down and still no updates. Smiley Mad

Come on let's get this thing out and for sale already.

Message 17 of 54
Explorer

I have often found that AT&T is slow to get products to market.  When other companies make decisions to get quality products to market AT&T lags behind.  This is why small companies like T-Mobile beats AT&T.  Instead of competing with T-Mobile to provide quality service and products, ATT buys them up then gives us lack lust service.  Buying up your competition who is beating you is what big companies do when they have deep pockets. 

Message 18 of 54
Zod
Tutor

Maybe they need to fix a problem with sending SMS on the HD7?

http://www.wpcentral.com/sms-issue-hd7-Nodo

Message 19 of 54
Zod
Tutor

Well now it's a race to see which one they get first.

The HD7s or the Venue Pro from Dell.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/mobile-venue-pro/pd

Message 20 of 54
Contributor

Still waiting for this phone to come out. Don't bother asking in AT&T stores, we know more about this matter than the employees there.

Message 21 of 54
Zod
Tutor

JaisonDMJ wrote:

Still waiting for this phone to come out. Don't bother asking in AT&T stores, we know more about this matter than the employees there.

Funny you say that because when I called my local store to ask them they kept trying to tell me that the only to get the HD7 was on T-Mobile.  I just gave up and moved on coming to understand that sadly they are just working at that store try for the upsale.  Heck I even asked if they had the Dell Venue Pro at the store and the guy kept telling me that the phone didn't even exist yet.

Message 22 of 54
Contributor

I also share a similar exprience. I went into a local store and talked to salesman. He was clueless about the phone. After trying to sell me the Quantum, Focus, and Surround, I questioned him a little about the process by which they hear about new releases. He said that the store usually knows almost a month in advance of the phone's release. Is this true?

My contract has just ended last week and I really would like to get a new phone. That being said, I would like to wait for the HD7S, but I'm unsure how long I am willing to wait. I'm currently using an old Nokia as I have broken my old phone.

Hurry up AT&T!

Message 23 of 54
Contributor

On this link: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-HD7S_id5328/discussions/Release-Date_id906

Someone wrote this:

4. Aboogie8 (unregistered) posted on 28 Apr 2011, 06:47  

I called att 5 days in a row and finally one rep told me it wont be out till may 11. I called another 5 and noone could confirm that. maybe they are just tight lipped or maybe the rep didnt know what he was talkin about. Either way i got the focus for a penny and lookin to send back b4 30 days are up. Come on hd7s!!!!!

I don't know how much of this is true but that's tomorrow.

Message 24 of 54
Contributor

Dang dude, I hope that info is right...

I'll sell this unlocked T-Mobile HD7 I have, and I can finally have an AT&T one with 3G :-)

Message 25 of 54
Teacher

guess not today Smiley Sad
Message 26 of 54

I have been waiting for this device for a while now. My iPhone contract is up and I would love to switch over to Windows Phone 7. I hope this comes out soon!

Message 27 of 54
Tutor

I was at an AT&T store yesterday and asked about the HD7S. Let me start by saying the rep I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable. He knew that repeaters are going into my building at Microsoft later this year, and even knew some of the particulars about the Palm Profile system used with webOS (not being able to sign in on two devices at the same time, that it requires being on a normal AT&T tower not on AT&T WiFi for initial sign in so that HP can geo-restrict app catalog access, etc). 

He mentioned that they currently expect it a week from this coming weekend, or in the realm of the 20th-22nd. That sorta makes sense, as this weekend is the release of that monstrously large Samsung Android thing and the tiny HP Veer. I'm resisting going near that store (walking to a different grocery store so I don't walk past there) until the HD7S comes out else I might end up with a Veer.

Has anyone else heard similar rumours of a release in about a week?

Message 28 of 54
Zod
Tutor

Wow between a Veer and the HD7S!  Talk about going from extreem to the other.  I'm not even talking OS, that Veer just looks tiny.  Seems odd that rather than get an HD7 you would go with a Veer and I'm just talking from a hardware stand point not even counting the different OS.

kansei wrote:

I'm resisting going near that store (walking to a different grocery store so I don't walk past there) until the HD7S comes out else I might end up with a Veer.

Message 29 of 54
Tutor

ah well I guess I should have prefaced that with I'm a huge fan of webOS. I've had all the phones including the Pre 2 on AT&T I'm currently using (bought unlocked since AT&T doesn't offer it). I don't mind small phones. I prefer 3.5-3.7" if using a virtual keyboard, but with a physical keyboard I'm fine with a 3" or smaller. The Veer screen size is the same as the Palm Pixi, which is totally usable since there isn't a virtual keyboard taking up half of the screen.

Honestly the only reason I'm really considering the HD7S is that I should support my employer Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 54
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support