Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2012
11:11:06 AM
View profile
HTC Freestyle

I am on my 3rd HTC Freestyle phone, I had all the same problems with my phone as others have described. I just came back from the At&t store and now I AM TRYING TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE. The rep. in the store said that bec/ I don't have the latest update, that is the reason I am having so many problems; now updating the software has become my next problem. 

I am on my 3rd HTC Freestyle phone, I had all the same problems with my phone as others have described. I just came back from the At&t store and now I AM TRYING TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE. The rep. in the store said that bec/ I don't have the latest update, that is the reason I am having so many problems; now updating the software has become my next problem. 

HTC Freestyle

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2012 1:20:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

On my second one.  About to send it back as soon as they receive the first one I sent back.  Problems from day one.  Continual system error shutdowns.  Constantly shutting off, requiring removal of battery to restart.  Triplicates of text messages received, especially if sent from iphones.  This one is even worse than the first one, because the earpiece makes any caller sound as though he were talking through a kazoo.  Not usually a complainer, but this is just ridiculous!

On my second one.  About to send it back as soon as they receive the first one I sent back.  Problems from day one.  Continual system error shutdowns.  Constantly shutting off, requiring removal of battery to restart.  Triplicates of text messages received, especially if sent from iphones.  This one is even worse than the first one, because the earpiece makes any caller sound as though he were talking through a kazoo.  Not usually a complainer, but this is just ridiculous!

Re: HTC Freestyle

2 of 6 (2,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 12:46:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is the worst phone I've ever had. I'm on my third replacement and the problems have only got worse with each one. I am fed up with this phone and find it ridiculous that ATT will not give a different phone instead of replacing crap with crap. I am seriously contemplating taking my business somewhere else.

This is the worst phone I've ever had. I'm on my third replacement and the problems have only got worse with each one. I am fed up with this phone and find it ridiculous that ATT will not give a different phone instead of replacing crap with crap. I am seriously contemplating taking my business somewhere else.

HTC Freestyle

3 of 6 (1,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2012 6:15:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cforeman40 wrote:

Keep demanding a different model phone, ask for a supervisor or to escalate.  If they refuse, hang up and try a different rep.  People have gotten different phones, after getting multiple lemons of the same model.  But you may have to be persistant.  May also help to pay the difference to get a more expensive or newer model.

cforeman40 wrote:

Keep demanding a different model phone, ask for a supervisor or to escalate.  If they refuse, hang up and try a different rep.  People have gotten different phones, after getting multiple lemons of the same model.  But you may have to be persistant.  May also help to pay the difference to get a more expensive or newer model.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 6:00:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Major mistake with getting this phone!!! Like all the other reviews I have seen three phones that are not worth owning!  I will not recommend this phone to anyone!  And now that I am 7days over my "buyers remorse" period ATT will not let me get another phone.  There have been 2 reps that told me the HTC Freestyle is a bad phone... but of course it is after I am complaining about it.

Major mistake with getting this phone!!! Like all the other reviews I have seen three phones that are not worth owning!  I will not recommend this phone to anyone!  And now that I am 7days over my "buyers remorse" period ATT will not let me get another phone.  There have been 2 reps that told me the HTC Freestyle is a bad phone... but of course it is after I am complaining about it.

5 of 6 (1,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2012 10:51:23 AM
(0)
Tutor

This IS truly the worst phone ever. It randomly dials other numbers while in use, has the worst reception ever.... when everyone else has full bars... I have no signal..... the "HTC Sense" means "I will type whatever I want despite what you say" and the 2-3 minute dial times...... well I could go on... Avoid this phone... Avoid ATT.... RUN away.....

As an EMT, I count on my phone.... was at a scene and my phone would not work.... people bleeding here..... and I used a bystanders phone to communicate. Real garbage and ATT states that since I was using it in "hazardous conditions" and I said I just "tossed it back into my kit" it constituted abuse... despite several calls of the same complaint prior and a replacement.......

I have gotten a Wally World unlimited plan.... and will get rid of the ATT in December..... the worst and most pathetic service ever.

This IS truly the worst phone ever. It randomly dials other numbers while in use, has the worst reception ever.... when everyone else has full bars... I have no signal..... the "HTC Sense" means "I will type whatever I want despite what you say" and the 2-3 minute dial times...... well I could go on... Avoid this phone... Avoid ATT.... RUN away.....

As an EMT, I count on my phone.... was at a scene and my phone would not work.... people bleeding here..... and I used a bystanders phone to communicate. Real garbage and ATT states that since I was using it in "hazardous conditions" and I said I just "tossed it back into my kit" it constituted abuse... despite several calls of the same complaint prior and a replacement.......

I have gotten a Wally World unlimited plan.... and will get rid of the ATT in December..... the worst and most pathetic service ever.

6 of 6 (1,191 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments