HTC Freestyle battery running down

Contributor

HTC Freestyle battery running down

Every time I use the Maps application on my HTC Freestyle, the battery runs down to empty within a few hours, even after a full charge. If I don't use the maps, the battery will last 5 days without a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I not quitting the application correctly by pressing the hang-up button?

Message 1 of 10 (2,035 Views)
Master

Re: HTC Freestyle battery running down

bushcub80 wrote:

Every time I use the Maps application on my HTC Freestyle, the battery runs down to empty within a few hours, even after a full charge. If I don't use the maps, the battery will last 5 days without a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I not quitting the application correctly by pressing the hang-up button?

I would definitely, completely close the Maps application when you are finished using it. When not being used (and still active without true operation/use) the phone still uses a constant signal to search for a location on the map(s). The constant searching would decrease your battery level greatly.

I would completely end the maps when you are finished. That would improve your battery life greatly.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 10 (2,026 Views)
Contributor

So how do I truly quit the map application?

Message 3 of 10 (1,988 Views)
Master

Pressing the hang-up/"END" key should end it like you have been doing... Unless there is some other specific way to end the Maps application. When you press the END key, does the battery stay at a fairly high level, or does it go down pretty quickly?

Message 4 of 10 (1,963 Views)
Contributor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Pressing the hang-up/"END" key should end it like you have been doing... Unless there is some other specific way to end the Maps application. When you press the END key, does the battery stay at a fairly high level, or does it go down pretty quickly?

It runs down pretty quickly. I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to keep from killing the battery.

Message 5 of 10 (1,924 Views)
Master

bushcub80 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

It runs down pretty quickly. I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on to keep from killing the battery.

I see. Interesting. Unfortunately, I do not know how to "completely" close out of the Maps app, other than simply pressing the END button. It seems logical that that would end the application altogether.

If you do not mind having to power off and back on your phone after every use of the Maps app, you could continue to do so if there's no other way...

Message 6 of 10 (1,907 Views)
Mentor

Mine did the same after using the maps app , ran down within a few hours. End does not work. Maybe the power down/up is the answer.

Message 7 of 10 (1,885 Views)
Master

jonzim wrote:

Maybe the power down/up is the answer.

That seems to be the only other solution... If the "END" key did not work for you, either, then that has to be the other answer.

Message 8 of 10 (1,862 Views)

1200 mAH battery is really low...

I mean there are AA Batteries Rechargeable thats 2900 mAH EACH !!! ofc those are the highest ive seen and the types

makes it more efficient. If you use the Map GPS, you should consider buying a new stronger battery.

Message 9 of 10 (1,580 Views)
Tutor

Consider yourself lucky with your battery life.  On my second freestyle in a month...both drain a full charge in just a day of doing virtually nothing.

Message 10 of 10 (898 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.