Ask a question

Reply
Posted Mar 1, 2010
9:10:01 PM
View profile
HTC Desire

haven't been on here in a while, but i came across this....

 

didn't see a thread for it yet. sure seems exciting.  I will be getting this if it does indeed come to at&t.  otherwise, the nexus one will do just fine...

 

HTC DESIRE ON AT&T

HTC Desire

56,171 views
1,138 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
View all replies
(1,138)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2010 5:59:46 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

Previously posted in the following thread, but not the original post or subject line:

 

 

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=126786&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Desire

2 of 1,139 (56,107 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2010 8:19:51 AM
0
(0)
Voyager
I have been looking at the HTC Desire too.  I liked the looks of the Nexus One but since I am on ATT and contract not up till Nov 2010 can't leave.  And I can't afford to buy it out right anyway.  And as I am now using my iPhone 1st gen with Edge I sure don't want to go backward to it on another new phone since what I have read would be what it runs on ATT right now. iPhone is OK but i am not a big fan.  I also have a BB Bold 9000 which is a really nice phone but don't care as much for it since the screen is so small and harder to see for us little older folks.  I sure wish ATT would let everyone know it was coming for sure and what the prices would be.  I can't upgrade till July so have to wait but would love to know.

Re: HTC Desire

3 of 1,139 (56,071 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2010 11:39:53 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

ha.

sorry about that. figured i should have looked harder.

Re: HTC Desire

4 of 1,139 (56,016 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2010 11:37:48 AM
0
(0)
Contributor
this is THE phone i want.  buy windows phone 7 is looking very good

Re: HTC Desire

5 of 1,139 (55,362 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2010 9:26:07 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

I was |--|  that close to jump to t-mobile for the htc hd2 on the 24th but since the rumours state that the desire will most likely come to at&t I guess I'll wait.  I hope the price is $200 on upgrade/new contract or I'm gonna go to sprint for the htc legend.  I hope the desire comes out in a month or so, waiting till June/July will really suck and considering at&t said a month or so ago android phones!! GET READY!!, there has only been 1 so far and it's a crap motorola one.  Why that statement when the phones arn't even on their way and it will be few months before we even get a notice what exact phone are coming, and when that does show up it will be few weeks again after that till we get buy them. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hurry up already at&t i want my desire.

Re: HTC Desire

6 of 1,139 (55,221 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 6:20:50 AM
0
(0)
Contributor
Another article on the rumor of the HTC Desire coming to AT&T.  I love it.  I loved my iPhone, but in watching HTC over the past year, I have fell in love with their phones.  They are brilliant, but anything but quietly so these days.  They are amazing and everyone sees it.  Even iPhone owners have to turn and look in awe.  I have a year left on my contract with AT&T and whoever gets this phone I will be switching to.  I love my 3G, but Sprint has come a long way in my area, and with their hot spot devices with the Hero, i almost switched.  But this will be the move that solidifies AT&T as a dominant force in wireless devices and with their recent moves to improve service in trouble areas... their coverage as well.

Re: HTC Desire

7 of 1,139 (54,444 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 7:13:58 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

whywedothis85 wrote:
Another article on the rumor of the HTC Desire coming to AT&T.  I love it.  I loved my iPhone, but in watching HTC over the past year, I have fell in love with their phones.  They are brilliant, but anything but quietly so these days.  They are amazing and everyone sees it.  Even iPhone owners have to turn and look in awe.  I have a year left on my contract with AT&T and whoever gets this phone I will be switching to.  I love my 3G, but Sprint has come a long way in my area, and with their hot spot devices with the Hero, i almost switched.  But this will be the move that solidifies AT&T as a dominant force in wireless devices and with their recent moves to improve service in trouble areas... their coverage as well.

 

Can you share the link of the new article? I search the internet mutiple times in the day on this topic. Sad, but that is how badly I want this awesome android, crippled or not (always have XDA developers).

Re: HTC Desire

8 of 1,139 (54,431 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 8:12:03 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

Bad news for all of us AT&T folks waiting for a real Android phone... HTC Desire going to T-Mobile

 

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/25455-1268384718-htc-desire-now-on-tmobile-network.html

 

 

Re: HTC Desire

9 of 1,139 (54,412 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 8:46:35 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

dagarwal313 wrote:

Bad news for all of us AT&T folks waiting for a real Android phone... HTC Desire going to T-Mobile

 

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/25455-1268384718-htc-desire-now-on-tmobile-network.html

 

 


 

No, that isn't bad news at all. If you look at the contact info, it is UK, so they are talking about T-Mobile UK. It has been known for a while that T-Mobile, along with many other carriers in the UK, will be getting the Desire. Just no word yet here in the States.

Re: HTC Desire

10 of 1,139 (54,388 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 9:37:01 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Is there some implied trend towards multiple carriers not picking up the same HTC models?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Desire

11 of 1,139 (9,873 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 12:47:18 PM
0
(0)
Contributor

@AT&T - you're lucky my wife loves her iPhone 3g as much as she does.  I'm ready to jump-ship after my 5 year relationship with Cingular/AT&T because as nice as your 3g network is in my area, you aren't giving me what I and so many others want.  I'm tired of watching the truly great Android devices go to other wireless companies.  I'm also tired of all the AT&T bloat-ware pre-loaded on your devices.  I'm holding out hope that the Desire is released on your network in May or June and you don't handicap it as you did with the Backflip.  At this point, I'd settle for some teaser blurry-cam pics of the Desire donning an AT&T logo.

 

Ok, I'll step off my soap box now...

Re: HTC Desire

12 of 1,139 (9,820 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2010 7:27:00 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

I have given up on the hopes of getting a good Android Phone I have been with AT&T and Cingular for close to 15 years.  My wife will stay with them but I ready to see what else is out there. No hard feelings its a great company.

Re: HTC Desire

13 of 1,139 (9,742 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2010 2:39:51 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

I just posted this in another forum here, but just in case you don't catch it there, I'll also post it here.

 

So I was just talking to an AT&T rep in the store yesterday about Android, and had said he had talked to the HTC rep that has come in, and AT&T will indeed get one of the snapdragon phones soon (before July he said) but they the HTC rep didn't specify which one. He said there was also the possibility of the Nexus One being sold for AT&T network, pending there isn't problems associated with it on AT&T's network. He said the HTC rep was more interested in talking about Windows 7 Series than Android, probably as a result of the Apple v. HTC lawsuit. Anyhow, thought I would fill you guys in.

Re: HTC Desire

14 of 1,139 (9,565 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2010 11:26:21 AM
0
(0)
Mentor
Edited by dagarwal313 on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:27:03 AM

So we have waited for early 2010, then March, then got a Backflip that might as well not have existed, then were told May/June and now July...

I am totally ready to jump ship as soon as any carrier gets one of the Snapdragons.

Message Edited by dagarwal313 on 03-15-2010 11:27:03 AM

Re: HTC Desire

[ Edited ]
15 of 1,139 (9,430 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2010 12:30:57 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
I'm anxiously awaiting the Desire on AT&T, but I will settle for any Sense UI android phone on AT&T. I wish we could get a for sure confirmation on when and who the Desire will be coming to here in the U.S. I have contacted HTC directly with no luck there. I'm with a lot of people on the fact that if AT&T doesn't get a better android phone soon, I'm jumping to who ever has one. I've been with AT&T for about 8 years or so and would rather stay put. My wifes phone is under contract for another year and a half so I'm guessing it would cost me to get out of contract and move to another carrier?

Re: HTC Desire

16 of 1,139 (9,400 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 4:21:24 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
I returned my Iphone 3GS because it is WEAK.  I'm ready for a 4G network, and for some real phones...the prices for these WEAK phones are ridiculously bloated.  I've been with AT&T for 10+ years, and I'm over it, it's a game of SLOWLY improving phones, and extending release dates, in hopes that consumers will 'buy now' a phone they don't want, instead of waiting; increasing profits etc....         coverage = terrible   dropped calls = unacceptable    phone selection = less than mediocre    customer service = nightmare    (return policy+coverage+dropped calls+phone selection+customer service) = carrier change

Re: HTC Desire

17 of 1,139 (9,212 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2010 6:06:31 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
i've been with at&t/cingular for over 8 years and i'm about ready to leave. i've upgraded once in that time and yet they won't help me out with upgrading a few months earlier then i'm supposed to be allowed (unless its the iphone). although i've been very happy with their coverage around my area but for years i feel they have pushed this iphone nonsense onto its customers for far to long, i never liked the iphone. i was so happy when i heard verizon was getting the iphone, i figured that this would finally wake at&t up and start putting out better phones. i've wanted an android phone for awhile now and was happy at&t was finally gonna start getting them. i feel they failed with the motorola backflip, to me its a teenager type phone and i heard they limited the true droid experience. but i love the HTC Desire and this is at&t's last chance to keep me. hopefully at&t doesn't ruin android. all i know is the clock is ticking and if at&t doesn't get the Desire or at least announce they're are getting it by may/june. its off to Sprint since they'll most likely get the HTC Legend as the Hero2. i have no problem paying $90 early term fee to get a great android phone. this also goes for if they limit the Desire just as they did with the Backflip. 

Re: HTC Desire

18 of 1,139 (9,192 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 6:35:03 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

MyPhilosophy wrote:
i've been with at&t/cingular for over 8 years and i'm about ready to leave. i've upgraded once in that time and yet they won't help me out with upgrading a few months earlier then i'm supposed to be allowed (unless its the iphone). although i've been very happy with their coverage around my area but for years i feel they have pushed this iphone nonsense onto its customers for far to long, i never liked the iphone. i was so happy when i heard verizon was getting the iphone, i figured that this would finally wake at&t up and start putting out better phones. i've wanted an android phone for awhile now and was happy at&t was finally gonna start getting them. i feel they failed with the motorola backflip, to me its a teenager type phone and i heard they limited the true droid experience. but i love the HTC Desire and this is at&t's last chance to keep me. hopefully at&t doesn't ruin android. all i know is the clock is ticking and if at&t doesn't get the Desire or at least announce they're are getting it by may/june. its off to Sprint since they'll most likely get the HTC Legend as the Hero2. i have no problem paying $90 early term fee to get a great android phone. this also goes for if they limit the Desire just as they did with the Backflip. 

In case you didn't see, Google release the Nexus One with AT&T 3G bands yesterday. Given, its $529 unlocked, but you can always get an iPhone on contract, and sell it, so its like you're getting the Nexus One subsudized. Just a thought.

Re: HTC Desire

19 of 1,139 (9,103 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 6:55:30 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

mrmartin86 wrote:

MyPhilosophy wrote:
i've been with at&t/cingular for over 8 years and i'm about ready to leave. i've upgraded once in that time and yet they won't help me out with upgrading a few months earlier then i'm supposed to be allowed (unless its the iphone). although i've been very happy with their coverage around my area but for years i feel they have pushed this iphone nonsense onto its customers for far to long, i never liked the iphone. i was so happy when i heard verizon was getting the iphone, i figured that this would finally wake at&t up and start putting out better phones. i've wanted an android phone for awhile now and was happy at&t was finally gonna start getting them. i feel they failed with the motorola backflip, to me its a teenager type phone and i heard they limited the true droid experience. but i love the HTC Desire and this is at&t's last chance to keep me. hopefully at&t doesn't ruin android. all i know is the clock is ticking and if at&t doesn't get the Desire or at least announce they're are getting it by may/june. its off to Sprint since they'll most likely get the HTC Legend as the Hero2. i have no problem paying $90 early term fee to get a great android phone. this also goes for if they limit the Desire just as they did with the Backflip. 

In case you didn't see, Google release the Nexus One with AT&T 3G bands yesterday. Given, its $529 unlocked, but you can always get an iPhone on contract, and sell it, so its like you're getting the Nexus One subsudized. Just a thought.


Haha, that's an awesome strategy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Desire

20 of 1,139 (9,091 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 10:56:31 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

Are you saying buy the Google Nexus One for $529 and then buy an iPhone for $199 and try to sell it for more?

Why would anyone want to buy an iPhone for more than $199 when they can pay AT&T and get a brand new one?

 

Re: HTC Desire

21 of 1,139 (7,030 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 11:24:08 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Go log on to EBay and take a look at what they are selling for. You probably be shocked. I just watched a water damaged one go for alot more then that $199.

 

 

Re: HTC Desire

22 of 1,139 (7,017 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 11:39:33 AM
0
(0)
Professor

dagarwal313 wrote:

Are you saying buy the Google Nexus One for $529 and then buy an iPhone for $199 and try to sell it for more?

Why would anyone want to buy an iPhone for more than $199 when they can pay AT&T and get a brand new one?

 


 

Because you can only get it for $199 if you are willing to get locked up in a two year contract. Not everyone wants to be held hostage.

Re: HTC Desire

23 of 1,139 (7,009 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2010 1:03:40 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

dagarwal313 wrote:

Are you saying buy the Google Nexus One for $529 and then buy an iPhone for $199 and try to sell it for more?

Why would anyone want to buy an iPhone for more than $199 when they can pay AT&T and get a brand new one?

 


 

Because you can only get it for $199 if you are willing to get locked up in a two year contract. Not everyone wants to be held hostage.

Yeah, that is why I have my plan. I just paid for my N1 today, and I'll get it tomorrow. I have no problems staying with AT&T (I've never had a problem with them and most of my friends/family have them), but there phones lately have been making me mad, especially with the fact that their apps are becoming very old-verizon-like. But, I don't mind signing the contract again (and get a new phone in about 1.5 years) pending I am happy with the N1, and I sell the iPhone as planned.

Re: HTC Desire

24 of 1,139 (6,978 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 10:45:28 AM
0
(0)
Teacher

sitnsidewayz wrote:

 

Because you can only get it for $199 if you are willing to get locked up in a two year contract. Not everyone wants to be held hostage.

 

  That's a stupid reason to pay an extra $330 for a phone.... It only costs $175 to buy out your contract.

Re: HTC Desire

25 of 1,139 (6,828 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 11:21:48 AM
0
(0)
Professor

jphilippakos wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

 

Because you can only get it for $199 if you are willing to get locked up in a two year contract. Not everyone wants to be held hostage.

 

  That's a stupid reason to pay an extra $330 for a phone.... It only costs $175 to buy out your contract.


 

And this is the reason Verizon recently raised the ETF on their smartphones to $350. Trust me, if it weren't for the fact that the FCC is hot on Verizon's tail about this, AT&T would have already raised the ETF as well. Once the FCC cools off and lets it slide through, AT&T will raise the ETF for it's smartphones.

Re: HTC Desire

26 of 1,139 (6,815 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 11:30:08 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor

sitnsidewayz wrote:

dagarwal313 wrote:

Are you saying buy the Google Nexus One for $529 and then buy an iPhone for $199 and try to sell it for more?

Why would anyone want to buy an iPhone for more than $199 when they can pay AT&T and get a brand new one?

 


 

Because you can only get it for $199 if you are willing to get locked up in a two year contract. Not everyone wants to be held hostage.

Plus, there are plenty of existing ATT customers that want the iPhone, and aren't eligible for an upgrade anytime soon.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HTC Desire

27 of 1,139 (6,813 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2010 3:08:15 PM
0
(0)
Contributor
Edited by greddysetgo on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:10:19 PM
nevermind....
Message Edited by greddysetgo on 03-18-2010 03:10:19 PM

Re: HTC Desire

[ Edited ]
28 of 1,139 (6,769 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 3:27:01 PM
0
(0)
Teacher

OKAY, I just went into an AT&T store, and here is the info I got from the rep...

 

They HAVE had training on the desire, so it is looking like they will in fact get the phone.... The chosen search and e-mail apps are *drumroll please*.... GOOGLE!!!!!!!! Gmail will be able to support direct push of MULTIPLE gmail accounts (more than 2). They are planning for a MAY release date, but are pushing for April. And for those who's hands are as big as mine and hate the fact that Android phones only rotate to landscape when editing a message, it looks like there will in fact be a pseudo-universal landscape mode on the phone (though she wasn't 100% sure about that part).

 

Hope this makes everyone as excited as it has me!

 

-John

 

Re: HTC Desire

29 of 1,139 (6,618 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2010 9:50:43 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

jphilippakos wrote:

OKAY, I just went into an AT&T store, and here is the info I got from the rep...

 

They HAVE had training on the desire, so it is looking like they will in fact get the phone.... The chosen search and e-mail apps are *drumroll please*.... GOOGLE!!!!!!!! Gmail will be able to support direct push of MULTIPLE gmail accounts (more than 2). They are planning for a MAY release date, but are pushing for April. And for those who's hands are as big as mine and hate the fact that Android phones only rotate to landscape when editing a message, it looks like there will in fact be a pseudo-universal landscape mode on the phone (though she wasn't 100% sure about that part).

 

Hope this makes everyone as excited as it has me!

 

-John

 


you must have better reps than i have here..... I hope ATT listened to the masses about the mistakes on the backflop and are fixing them for every other Android set they bring.. no google = no sale for me.

Re: HTC Desire

30 of 1,139 (6,555 Views)
Share this post
Share this post