HTC Desire

Mentor

HTC Desire

haven't been on here in a while, but i came across this....

didn't see a thread for it yet. sure seems exciting.  I will be getting this if it does indeed come to at&t.  otherwise, the nexus one will do just fine...

HTC DESIRE ON AT&T

Message 1 of 1,139 (57,881 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: HTC Desire

Previously posted in the following thread, but not the original post or subject line:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=cingular&thread.id=126786&view=by_date_asc...

Message 2 of 1,139 (56,359 Views)
Voyager

I have been looking at the HTC Desire too.  I liked the looks of the Nexus One but since I am on ATT and contract not up till Nov 2010 can't leave.  And I can't afford to buy it out right anyway.  And as I am now using my iPhone 1st gen with Edge I sure don't want to go backward to it on another new phone since what I have read would be what it runs on ATT right now. iPhone is OK but i am not a big fan.  I also have a BB Bold 9000 which is a really nice phone but don't care as much for it since the screen is so small and harder to see for us little older folks.  I sure wish ATT would let everyone know it was coming for sure and what the prices would be.  I can't upgrade till July so have to wait but would love to know.
Message 3 of 1,139 (56,323 Views)
Mentor

ha.

sorry about that. figured i should have looked harder.

Message 4 of 1,139 (56,268 Views)
Contributor

this is THE phone i want.  buy windows phone 7 is looking very good
Message 5 of 1,139 (55,614 Views)
Teacher

I was |--|  that close to jump to t-mobile for the htc hd2 on the 24th but since the rumours state that the desire will most likely come to at&t I guess I'll wait.  I hope the price is $200 on upgrade/new contract or I'm gonna go to sprint for the htc legend.  I hope the desire comes out in a month or so, waiting till June/July will really suck and considering at&t said a month or so ago android phones!! GET READY!!, there has only been 1 so far and it's a crap motorola one.  Why that statement when the phones arn't even on their way and it will be few months before we even get a notice what exact phone are coming, and when that does show up it will be few weeks again after that till we get buy them. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hurry up already at&t i want my desire.

Message 6 of 1,139 (55,473 Views)
Contributor

Another article on the rumor of the HTC Desire coming to AT&T.  I love it.  I loved my iPhone, but in watching HTC over the past year, I have fell in love with their phones.  They are brilliant, but anything but quietly so these days.  They are amazing and everyone sees it.  Even iPhone owners have to turn and look in awe.  I have a year left on my contract with AT&T and whoever gets this phone I will be switching to.  I love my 3G, but Sprint has come a long way in my area, and with their hot spot devices with the Hero, i almost switched.  But this will be the move that solidifies AT&T as a dominant force in wireless devices and with their recent moves to improve service in trouble areas... their coverage as well.
Message 7 of 1,139 (54,696 Views)
Mentor

whywedothis85 wrote:
Another article on the rumor of the HTC Desire coming to AT&T.  I love it.  I loved my iPhone, but in watching HTC over the past year, I have fell in love with their phones.  They are brilliant, but anything but quietly so these days.  They are amazing and everyone sees it.  Even iPhone owners have to turn and look in awe.  I have a year left on my contract with AT&T and whoever gets this phone I will be switching to.  I love my 3G, but Sprint has come a long way in my area, and with their hot spot devices with the Hero, i almost switched.  But this will be the move that solidifies AT&T as a dominant force in wireless devices and with their recent moves to improve service in trouble areas... their coverage as well.

Can you share the link of the new article? I search the internet mutiple times in the day on this topic. Sad, but that is how badly I want this awesome android, crippled or not (always have XDA developers).
Message 8 of 1,139 (54,683 Views)
Mentor

Bad news for all of us AT&T folks waiting for a real Android phone... HTC Desire going to T-Mobile

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/25455-1268384718-htc-desire-now-on-tmobile-network.html

Message 9 of 1,139 (54,664 Views)
Mentor

dagarwal313 wrote:

Bad news for all of us AT&T folks waiting for a real Android phone... HTC Desire going to T-Mobile

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/25455-1268384718-htc-desire-now-on-tmobile-network.html

No, that isn't bad news at all. If you look at the contact info, it is UK, so they are talking about T-Mobile UK. It has been known for a while that T-Mobile, along with many other carriers in the UK, will be getting the Desire. Just no word yet here in the States.
Message 10 of 1,139 (54,640 Views)
Professor

Is there some implied trend towards multiple carriers not picking up the same HTC models?
Message 11 of 1,139 (10,125 Views)
Contributor

@AT&T - you're lucky my wife loves her iPhone 3g as much as she does.  I'm ready to jump-ship after my 5 year relationship with Cingular/AT&T because as nice as your 3g network is in my area, you aren't giving me what I and so many others want.  I'm tired of watching the truly great Android devices go to other wireless companies.  I'm also tired of all the AT&T bloat-ware pre-loaded on your devices.  I'm holding out hope that the Desire is released on your network in May or June and you don't handicap it as you did with the Backflip.  At this point, I'd settle for some teaser blurry-cam pics of the Desire donning an AT&T logo.

Ok, I'll step off my soap box now...

Message 12 of 1,139 (10,072 Views)
Mentor

I have given up on the hopes of getting a good Android Phone I have been with AT&T and Cingular for close to 15 years.  My wife will stay with them but I ready to see what else is out there. No hard feelings its a great company.

Message 13 of 1,139 (9,994 Views)
Mentor

I just posted this in another forum here, but just in case you don't catch it there, I'll also post it here.

So I was just talking to an AT&T rep in the store yesterday about Android, and had said he had talked to the HTC rep that has come in, and AT&T will indeed get one of the snapdragon phones soon (before July he said) but they the HTC rep didn't specify which one. He said there was also the possibility of the Nexus One being sold for AT&T network, pending there isn't problems associated with it on AT&T's network. He said the HTC rep was more interested in talking about Windows 7 Series than Android, probably as a result of the Apple v. HTC lawsuit. Anyhow, thought I would fill you guys in.

Message 14 of 1,139 (9,817 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

So we have waited for early 2010, then March, then got a Backflip that might as well not have existed, then were told May/June and now July...

I am totally ready to jump ship as soon as any carrier gets one of the Snapdragons.

Message Edited by dagarwal313 on 03-15-2010 11:27:03 AM
Message 15 of 1,139 (9,682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.