Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 18, 2010
3:15:04 PM
View profile
HTC Desire HD

I sure hope the AT&T get the HTC Desire HD 8 megapixel camera with flash because they need a phone with a Flash.

I sure hope the AT&T get the HTC Desire HD 8 megapixel camera with flash because they need a phone with a Flash.

HTC Desire HD

55 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(55)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 7:53:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

Personally I would already have the Captivate if it wasn't for the GPS issues and the fact it does not have a flash (I know it is not important, but it bugs me for some reason).  Also, I like HTC phones.  Every since I got the Tilt, I have loved how they feel solid and well made when you hold them.

I personally do not see a reason for AT&T to not get the HTC Desire HD.  The other carries already have multiple high end Android devices and it is time for AT&T to follow suit.

Personally I would already have the Captivate if it wasn't for the GPS issues and the fact it does not have a flash (I know it is not important, but it bugs me for some reason).  Also, I like HTC phones.  Every since I got the Tilt, I have loved how they feel solid and well made when you hold them.

I personally do not see a reason for AT&T to not get the HTC Desire HD.  The other carries already have multiple high end Android devices and it is time for AT&T to follow suit.

Re: HTC Desire HD

31 of 56 (1,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 11:41:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

UHmump95 wrote:

I'm at the point where I definitely want a new phone. After getting my situation with AT&T squared away I am eligible for a device upgrade. Since I want to keep my current plan, I can't get the iPhone 4, and there is NO android device that I would spend my money on within the AT&T lineup. HTC has grown on me and I just hope they pick up the Desire HD. It would be a huge boost to their struggling android lineup.

UHmump95 wrote:

I'm at the point where I definitely want a new phone. After getting my situation with AT&T squared away I am eligible for a device upgrade. Since I want to keep my current plan, I can't get the iPhone 4, and there is NO android device that I would spend my money on within the AT&T lineup. HTC has grown on me and I just hope they pick up the Desire HD. It would be a huge boost to their struggling android lineup.

32 of 56 (1,858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 3:36:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you have the current unlimited data plan, you should be able to transfer it over to the iPhone 4.

If you have the current unlimited data plan, you should be able to transfer it over to the iPhone 4.

33 of 56 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2010 8:46:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

UHmump95 wrote:

They told me that data plan was only for the other smartphones and not relevant for iPhone. I thought the same thing.

UHmump95 wrote:

They told me that data plan was only for the other smartphones and not relevant for iPhone. I thought the same thing.

34 of 56 (1,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 3:15:46 AM
(0)
Expert

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

the only data plan that is relevant for other phones is the media-net for the QMD and non-feature phones. If you had this data plan then no it is not grandfathered in for a smartphone.

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

the only data plan that is relevant for other phones is the media-net for the QMD and non-feature phones. If you had this data plan then no it is not grandfathered in for a smartphone.

35 of 56 (1,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:44:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

The plan for the iPhone is considered a smart phone plan as well.  Click the link below.  You should be able to keep the unlimited smartphone plan if you move between a smart phone and an iPhone.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-HTC/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/19387...

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

The plan for the iPhone is considered a smart phone plan as well.  Click the link below.  You should be able to keep the unlimited smartphone plan if you move between a smart phone and an iPhone.

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-HTC/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/1938735

36 of 56 (1,747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 9:07:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-HTC/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/19387...

So they were trying to force me into switching to a limited data plan. Wow...I appreciate the link. I'll be sure to bring this up if I decide to get the iPhone. I'm still holding out in hopes that the desire HD makes its way to AT&T.

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/AT-T-HTC/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/1938735

So they were trying to force me into switching to a limited data plan. Wow...I appreciate the link. I'll be sure to bring this up if I decide to get the iPhone. I'm still holding out in hopes that the desire HD makes its way to AT&T.

37 of 56 (1,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 9:49:11 AM
(0)
Expert

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Curious - what is the exact name of the data plan you have currently on your phone?

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Curious - what is the exact name of the data plan you have currently on your phone?

38 of 56 (1,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 1:59:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

"I personally do not see a reason for AT&T to not get the HTC Desire HD."

The Captivate is the only phone technically on par with the competitors and getting Froyo (android 2.2).  However, it's has serious unaddressed design issues such as GPS, Random Shutdowns, poor OTA update acceptance.  Not to mention both AT&T and Samsung have been totally out of sync and have no updates on when it will be fixed.

The rest of the Android phones are weak.

AT&T get on the ball and get the Desire.  It's gonna be a long time until people trust Windows Mobile again.  Get your head in the game.

The Captivate is the only phone technically on par with the competitors and getting Froyo (android 2.2).  However, it's has serious unaddressed design issues such as GPS, Random Shutdowns, poor OTA update acceptance.  Not to mention both AT&T and Samsung have been totally out of sync and have no updates on when it will be fixed.

AT&T get on the ball and get the Desire.  It's gonna be a long time until people trust Windows Mobile again.  Get your head in the game.

39 of 56 (1,673 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 3:19:55 PM
(0)
Expert

tjcinnamon wrote:

/rofl

tjcinnamon wrote:

/rofl

40 of 56 (1,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 10:21:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

**Nation 450 Rollover & 5000 Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes w/ smartphone data unlimited.** I think because theyre trying to get away from unlimited data plans that theyre indirectly trying to force me out of my current setup. I'd still prefer to hold out for the desire hd, IF its coming.

wingrider01 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

**Nation 450 Rollover & 5000 Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes w/ smartphone data unlimited.** I think because theyre trying to get away from unlimited data plans that theyre indirectly trying to force me out of my current setup. I'd still prefer to hold out for the desire hd, IF its coming.

41 of 56 (3,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 5:21:10 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:21:43 AM

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Never seen it listed as that - which Blackberry plan was it?

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

UHmump95 wrote:

Never seen it listed as that - which Blackberry plan was it?

[ Edited ]
42 of 56 (3,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 5:46:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

Never had a blackberry. I just had them close my T-mobile account and I brought my Nexus One over to AT&T, that was the plan I was given via a the phone call with customer service. 

Never had a blackberry. I just had them close my T-mobile account and I brought my Nexus One over to AT&T, that was the plan I was given via a the phone call with customer service. 

43 of 56 (3,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2010 1:30:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

So I've read that ATT has 3 new low to mid level Android phones coming in the form of Motorola devices with Motoblur UI and then the whole Windows Phone 7 launch. Still no announcement for a US Desire HD or a high end HTC android device for ATT. I almost wish I could jump ship now. C'mon ATT...

So I've read that ATT has 3 new low to mid level Android phones coming in the form of Motorola devices with Motoblur UI and then the whole Windows Phone 7 launch. Still no announcement for a US Desire HD or a high end HTC android device for ATT. I almost wish I could jump ship now. C'mon ATT...

44 of 56 (3,470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2010 4:41:22 PM
(0)
Expert

kirked247 wrote:

don;t really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

kirked247 wrote:

don;t really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

45 of 56 (3,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2010 11:07:56 AM
(0)
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:
dont really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

Sadly, I think you're right. I'm gonna have to settle with/on something eventually.

wingrider01 wrote:
dont really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

Sadly, I think you're right. I'm gonna have to settle with/on something eventually.

46 of 56 (3,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2010 8:32:12 AM
(0)
Mentor

Have had all the iPhones and now burnt out on them. They are great phones just lacking customization features for me. AT&T really needs a phone like this. I have 5 phones through them and 4 of them are iPhones. I am ready for HTC Desire HD.

Have been thinking about jumping ship but all the phones I have are on a family plan.

If att wants to stay competitive then they need to contract better Android Phones.

Have had all the iPhones and now burnt out on them. They are great phones just lacking customization features for me. AT&T really needs a phone like this. I have 5 phones through them and 4 of them are iPhones. I am ready for HTC Desire HD.

Have been thinking about jumping ship but all the phones I have are on a family plan.

If att wants to stay competitive then they need to contract better Android Phones.

47 of 56 (2,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2010 10:43:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

I was trying to hold out for an announce of a new Android phone coming to AT&T.  Unfortunately my Fuze had other ideas.  The screen has gone loco.  I decided to go ahead and pick up the Samsung Captivate.  I think I am going to be okay with this phone.  My biggest concern is it wasn't by HTC ......

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

I was trying to hold out for an announce of a new Android phone coming to AT&T.  Unfortunately my Fuze had other ideas.  The screen has gone loco.  I decided to go ahead and pick up the Samsung Captivate.  I think I am going to be okay with this phone.  My biggest concern is it wasn't by HTC ......

48 of 56 (2,849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2010 2:06:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

I think I'm just going to buy the sim free Desire HD and not have 3G, if ATT releases it later or something similar/better I can always get the discounted rate on that one and sell the one I've got.

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

I think I'm just going to buy the sim free Desire HD and not have 3G, if ATT releases it later or something similar/better I can always get the discounted rate on that one and sell the one I've got.

49 of 56 (2,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2010 7:30:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

At the least, I'm hoping Telus in Canada will pick up the Desire HD, Desire Z, or something similar from HTC.  Telus uses the same 850/1900 MHz 3G bands as ATT, and Telus phones (like the Desire, and sometimes already unlocked) pop up on eBay from time to time (but not for cheap).

At the least, I'm hoping Telus in Canada will pick up the Desire HD, Desire Z, or something similar from HTC.  Telus uses the same 850/1900 MHz 3G bands as ATT, and Telus phones (like the Desire, and sometimes already unlocked) pop up on eBay from time to time (but not for cheap).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

50 of 56 (2,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2011 8:23:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

Not only is the desire HD coming to AT&T Our version will be 4G. Move over EVO theres a new King in Town!!!!This Is The best news I've heard I will buy this cash if I have to!!!!!!!

Chack it OUT!!!!!http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc-inspire.jsp?status=success&_requestid=1101255#fbid=gQ-W...

Not only is the desire HD coming to AT&T Our version will be 4G. Move over EVO theres a new King in Town!!!!This Is The best news I've heard I will buy this cash if I have to!!!!!!!

Chack it OUT!!!!!http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc-inspire.jsp?status=success&_requestid=1101255#fbid=gQ-WQ1drrP-

51 of 56 (1,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2011 2:05:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

The HD from Telus will be out by next month but I would bet that if AT&T is getting a version of it, that the Telus might be picked up by sweeps and then it would be a total waste of money, I do not want any phone that AT&T could pick up on that is why I have picked up the Desire Z to go with my Desire. Plus the fact AT&T's track record with not messing up Android phone's is not the greatest, yet with the Canadian phones you pretty much get stock with very little carrier add on, and I cannot stand a phone that has the carrier name plastered all over the case!!!

The HD from Telus will be out by next month but I would bet that if AT&T is getting a version of it, that the Telus might be picked up by sweeps and then it would be a total waste of money, I do not want any phone that AT&T could pick up on that is why I have picked up the Desire Z to go with my Desire. Plus the fact AT&T's track record with not messing up Android phone's is not the greatest, yet with the Canadian phones you pretty much get stock with very little carrier add on, and I cannot stand a phone that has the carrier name plastered all over the case!!!

52 of 56 (991 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 10, 2011 2:07:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

All of the new Desires HD and Z are HSPA so it is not just AT&T!!! My Z picks up the higher speed and it was Bell of Canada!!!

All of the new Desires HD and Z are HSPA so it is not just AT&T!!! My Z picks up the higher speed and it was Bell of Canada!!!

53 of 56 (989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2011 5:50:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

So... Basically, the "Desire HD" is the same thing as the "Inspire 4G", right?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

54 of 56 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 5:55:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

55 of 56 (876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2011 10:41:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

tpbklake wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

Alright, thanks. That's what I thought, but I wasn't really sure... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

tpbklake wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

Alright, thanks. That's what I thought, but I wasn't really sure... Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

56 of 56 (855 Views)