HTC Desire HD

Explorer

HTC Desire HD

I sure hope the AT&T get the HTC Desire HD 8 megapixel camera with flash because they need a phone with a Flash.

Message 1 of 56 (23,361 Views)
Contributor

Re: HTC Desire HD

Why I think At&t will be getting the Desire HD:

As kirked pointed out above, there was word that the Desire HD would be shipping to North America "later this year".  The Desire HD's processor, the qualcomm 8255, only supports GSM, so Verizon and Sprint are out.  T-Mobile is getting the Desire Z (in the form of the T-Mobile G2).  So it makes sense to me that At&t would be the likely recipient of the Desire HD.  I'm guessing announced in Oct, when HTCSense.com goes live, available Nov.  This allows AT&T to go into the holiday season advertising excellent smartphones on a variety of OS:  iPhone 4 with iOS, HTC HD3 with WinMo and Blackberry Torch 9800.

Or At&t could continue getting low end HTC devices, which wouldn't be too unexpected.  If there is no announcement by Nov then I'm jumping ship.  

Message 16 of 56 (12,969 Views)
Tutor

I agree. I will jump ship if I don't hear anything by Oct. I'm thinking this thing will only be available unlocked for US or locked in Europe only. 

Message 17 of 56 (12,959 Views)

If AT&T won't carry this phone, I will change providers for sure. When does AT&T lose their contract with iPhone? I would think when the iPhone is being sold by other carriers AT&T would need a competitive phone like the Desire HD to keep people from moving to a different carrier. There is no reason why there can't be a droid phone that is better than the iPhone.

Message 18 of 56 (12,925 Views)
Contributor

Wow, I was just reading the old HTC Desire thread.  Rumor after rumor after delay... then no delivery.  What a downer.

Message 19 of 56 (12,906 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

okiebirdnerd wrote:

If AT&T won't carry this phone, I will change providers for sure. When does AT&T lose their contract with iPhone? I would think when the iPhone is being sold by other carriers AT&T would need a competitive phone like the Desire HD to keep people from moving to a different carrier. There is no reason why there can't be a droid phone that is better than the iPhone.

well bottom line - hope what ever service you go to provides you with the coverage that you need. Sorry but the "can't be a droid phone that is better than the iPhone" is your opinion on why it will fall out this way, unless you are privie to what ever contractual agreement HTC has with the providers for who gets what phone and why, anthing else is a USWAG.

Court documents on the web show 2012 as the ending date, but then again maybe never

http://www.neowin.net/news/all-hope-for-verizon-iphone-now-dead-hints-ceo?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm...

Message 20 of 56 (12,893 Views)

I said, There is no reason why there can't be a droid phone that is better than the iPhone. I don't own a iPhone or a droid....I want a droid because I don't believe in a monopoly.

Message 21 of 56 (12,891 Views)

we will see if att can finally deliver a great phone with the holidays. as most of us that were keeping the original desire post going we are about fed up of waiting. nov 22 is my doomsday with att. so if verizon announces anything im there in a heartbeat. i wish i could switch now with verizon doing the buy the samsung facinate an get a phone free. cause id just get the droid x. but i def wanna get that un named htc evo like phone goin to verizon. 

Message 22 of 56 (12,861 Views)
Teacher

The saddest part about the whole ordeal right now is that there is NO announcement for it coming to the US, only speculation and rumor. BUT ...for a chunk of change, $650-750 you can buy the Desire HD unlocked with NO 3G access for any gsm network. It just doesn't even sound like a wise decision. I left T-Mobile for AT&T for lack of 3G coverage and then get to AT&T and the phone I have doesn't access their 3G so I've been in a horrible mood from day one.

Message 23 of 56 (12,847 Views)

yea, att has good coverage where i live. verizon has the best. but for a great experience you gotta have a good phone with good coverage. i have an iphone 3g. i wouldnt mind staying with att. but i gotta have a highend android phone. verizon has plenty of choices an continues to have rumored phones. att has nothing. an if you guys were in the original desire post. remember that guy talking bout his friend that worked for att at testing lab. he was stating about a great desire like phone...only 2 android phones have come. sony experia an the samsung galaxy. both i will pass on.

att get it together. its holiday times. beef up your lineup.

Message 24 of 56 (12,745 Views)
Tutor

Yes, I remember that, I was on the HTC Desire post.  If I remembered correctly, another poster claimed that ATT would be getting 5 more Android phones by Q4.  That Xperia and Captivate are VERY weak phones compared to Verizon's Android line up. 

Message 25 of 56 (12,695 Views)
Contributor

According to HTC's website it looks like, for now anyway, only the Desire Z is coming to North America. (Not the Desire HD)  http://www.htc.com/www/press.aspx?id=144266&lang=1033

(at the bottom, under Availability)

Message 26 of 56 (12,527 Views)
Teacher

ekruse31 wrote:

According to HTC's website it looks like, for now anyway, only the Desire Z is coming to North America. (Not the Desire HD)  http://www.htc.com/www/press.aspx?id=144266&lang=1033

(at the bottom, under Availability)

Desire Z = Verizon Merge, T-Mobile G2

Desire HD = No U.S. love yet....

Message 27 of 56 (12,497 Views)

any current or future flagship android device = no att love

Message 28 of 56 (12,465 Views)

Whatda wrote:

....  That Xperia and Captivate are VERY weak phones compared to Verizon's Android line up. 

I can't speak for Sony here, but my Captivate is FAR from a "weak" device. My cousin has a Droid from VeriSuck, and we compared. His battery life is less than a day, without doing much of anything on it. Thats weak. If I don't use apps on my Captivate it would go for more than 2 days. So anyhow, careful with the words. I assume what you realy meant to say would be something like: AT&T having only the Xperia and Captivate is a weak Android line up. So, far as the phones themselves go, again can't comment about the Xperia, the Captivate is VERY much in line with the other "power Android" devices. Just my thoughts, they never mean much. I was hoping to see HTC get more of their Androids here for us, but alas, I settled for Samsung. I have ZERO regrets, though I still love HTC products.

Message 29 of 56 (12,406 Views)
Scholar

I can't speak for Sony here, but my Captivate is FAR from a "weak" device. My cousin has a Droid from VeriSuck, and we compared. His battery life is less than a day, without doing much of anything on it. Thats weak. If I don't use apps on my Captivate it would go for more than 2 days. So anyhow, careful with the words. I assume what you realy meant to say would be something like: AT&T having only the Xperia and Captivate is a weak Android line up. So, far as the phones themselves go, again can't comment about the Xperia, the Captivate is VERY much in line with the other "power Android" devices. Just my thoughts, they never mean much. I was hoping to see HTC get more of their Androids here for us, but alas, I settled for Samsung. I have ZERO regrets, though I still love HTC products.

The Xperia might have been a power android device...........a year ago. Not only did they wait far too long to release it, it comes with 1.5 (and a slow processor)!!! Sadly, that lack of interest has been typical of ATT in terms of Android. I'll admit that the Captivate is a decent device but it's also available on every other carrier (or will be, not sure of release schedules), it's a Samsung (myself, and numerous others have sworn off Samsung phones forever for an extremely bad history of post release support).

I should also note it only has a 4" screen, unlike the other 'android' flagships, and any phone that is widely available can't really be thought of as 'flagship', for me that term is synonymous  with exclusivity.

Message 30 of 56 (12,320 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.