HTC Desire HD

Explorer

HTC Desire HD

I sure hope the AT&T get the HTC Desire HD 8 megapixel camera with flash because they need a phone with a Flash.

Message 1 of 56 (23,360 Views)
Teacher

Re: HTC Desire HD

wingrider01 wrote:
dont really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

Sadly, I think you're right. I'm gonna have to settle with/on something eventually.

Message 46 of 56 (3,667 Views)
Mentor

Have had all the iPhones and now burnt out on them. They are great phones just lacking customization features for me. AT&T really needs a phone like this. I have 5 phones through them and 4 of them are iPhones. I am ready for HTC Desire HD.

Have been thinking about jumping ship but all the phones I have are on a family plan.

If att wants to stay competitive then they need to contract better Android Phones.

Message 47 of 56 (3,193 Views)
Scholar

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:
dont really believe that ATT is going to put a lot of stock in android, then again that is an opinion. If they where something els would have been there already

Sadly, I think you're right. I'm gonna have to settle with/on something eventually.

I was trying to hold out for an announce of a new Android phone coming to AT&T.  Unfortunately my Fuze had other ideas.  The screen has gone loco.  I decided to go ahead and pick up the Samsung Captivate.  I think I am going to be okay with this phone.  My biggest concern is it wasn't by HTC ......

Message 48 of 56 (3,166 Views)
Teacher

UHmump95 wrote:

kirked247 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

I was trying to hold out for an announce of a new Android phone coming to AT&T.  Unfortunately my Fuze had other ideas.  The screen has gone loco.  I decided to go ahead and pick up the Samsung Captivate.  I think I am going to be okay with this phone.  My biggest concern is it wasn't by HTC ......

I think I'm just going to buy the sim free Desire HD and not have 3G, if ATT releases it later or something similar/better I can always get the discounted rate on that one and sell the one I've got.

Message 49 of 56 (3,077 Views)
Professor

At the least, I'm hoping Telus in Canada will pick up the Desire HD, Desire Z, or something similar from HTC.  Telus uses the same 850/1900 MHz 3G bands as ATT, and Telus phones (like the Desire, and sometimes already unlocked) pop up on eBay from time to time (but not for cheap).

Message 50 of 56 (3,030 Views)
Contributor

Not only is the desire HD coming to AT&T Our version will be 4G. Move over EVO theres a new King in Town!!!!This Is The best news I've heard I will buy this cash if I have to!!!!!!!

Chack it OUT!!!!!http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/htc-inspire.jsp?status=success&_requestid=1101255#fbid=gQ-W...

Message 51 of 56 (1,412 Views)
Mentor

The HD from Telus will be out by next month but I would bet that if AT&T is getting a version of it, that the Telus might be picked up by sweeps and then it would be a total waste of money, I do not want any phone that AT&T could pick up on that is why I have picked up the Desire Z to go with my Desire. Plus the fact AT&T's track record with not messing up Android phone's is not the greatest, yet with the Canadian phones you pretty much get stock with very little carrier add on, and I cannot stand a phone that has the carrier name plastered all over the case!!!

Message 52 of 56 (1,308 Views)
Mentor

All of the new Desires HD and Z are HSPA so it is not just AT&T!!! My Z picks up the higher speed and it was Bell of Canada!!!

Message 53 of 56 (1,306 Views)
Master

So... Basically, the "Desire HD" is the same thing as the "Inspire 4G", right?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 54 of 56 (1,220 Views)
Mentor

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

Message 55 of 56 (1,193 Views)
Highlighted
Master

tpbklake wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Yes it is.

Alright, thanks. That's what I thought, but I wasn't really sure... Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 56 of 56 (1,172 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.