Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 9, 2011
6:09:07 PM
View profile
HTC Aria will not connect to market, facebook, internet...

Ive had this phone for 6 months and have just recently started having issues with getting connected. Sometimes I just get a message saying "an error has occured. Please try again later" or "cannot connect to the server". My husband has the same phone and it works fine all the time. My laptop which uses the wireless router is connected to the internet....so whats the deal with my phone?? I can be on facebook with not problems, then all of the sudden it wont connect for hours, then usually comes back on out of the blue. SOOO frustrating! Any ideas?

Ive had this phone for 6 months and have just recently started having issues with getting connected. Sometimes I just get a message saying "an error has occured. Please try again later" or "cannot connect to the server". My husband has the same phone and it works fine all the time. My laptop which uses the wireless router is connected to the internet....so whats the deal with my phone?? I can be on facebook with not problems, then all of the sudden it wont connect for hours, then usually comes back on out of the blue. SOOO frustrating! Any ideas?

HTC Aria will not connect to market, facebook, internet...

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 8:52:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
sounds like your apn settings are incorrect. go to settings and check under wireless and network>mobile network>apn. google check for the appropriate att settings on google and ensure those are entered correctly. Hope this helps.
sounds like your apn settings are incorrect. go to settings and check under wireless and network>mobile network>apn. google check for the appropriate att settings on google and ensure those are entered correctly. Hope this helps.

Re: HTC Aria will not connect to market, facebook, internet...

2 of 8 (1,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 9:27:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

She said the same issue occurs on WiFi, so its probably not the APN settings.

She said the same issue occurs on WiFi, so its probably not the APN settings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (1,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2011 2:13:14 PM
(0)
Master
Perhaps the router is old enough that it is time to get it replaced.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Perhaps the router is old enough that it is time to get it replaced.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

4 of 8 (1,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 4:11:06 AM
(0)
Scholar
generally when accessing the marketplace it connects to cell data briefly before it allows you to "enter" the market, so to speak. could still most certainly be the apn's but honestly the first thing to try would be to clear the markets cache under settings>applications>market.
generally when accessing the marketplace it connects to cell data briefly before it allows you to "enter" the market, so to speak. could still most certainly be the apn's but honestly the first thing to try would be to clear the markets cache under settings>applications>market.

5 of 8 (1,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2011 7:09:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Jeremy_Legend wrote:

But that wouldn't explain why Facebook and the browser don't work, so I still doubt it has anything to do with the APN.

Jeremy_Legend wrote:

But that wouldn't explain why Facebook and the browser don't work, so I still doubt it has anything to do with the APN.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2011 9:42:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

Well it really isnt clear in the OP if it was ONLY while on wifi that this happening. i would assume that it could be:

A.) A older router that isnt great at seperating several devices on the same connection.

OR

B.) If its happening on Cellular data, It could be in-correct APN settings.

OR

C.) It could be a defective unit. I haven't seen "A LOT" of faulty Aria's but it is certainly a possibility.

I would definately recommend checking the APN settings, and checking your router. If you can isolate which is giving you the problems, it will help get to an actual fix for the issue. If its happening on both Cell Data and Wi-Fi, I would certainly lean torwards diagnosing it as  a defective unit. Hopefully you will be able to isolate and fix the issue.

Well it really isnt clear in the OP if it was ONLY while on wifi that this happening. i would assume that it could be:

A.) A older router that isnt great at seperating several devices on the same connection.

OR

B.) If its happening on Cellular data, It could be in-correct APN settings.

OR

C.) It could be a defective unit. I haven't seen "A LOT" of faulty Aria's but it is certainly a possibility.

I would definately recommend checking the APN settings, and checking your router. If you can isolate which is giving you the problems, it will help get to an actual fix for the issue. If its happening on both Cell Data and Wi-Fi, I would certainly lean torwards diagnosing it as  a defective unit. Hopefully you will be able to isolate and fix the issue.

7 of 8 (1,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2011 5:53:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

Mines recently started doing that too. Whenever I opened the market, it would: load the bottom half of the page, freeze, then tell me that it's unable to connect. Same with FB..

Mines recently started doing that too. Whenever I opened the market, it would: load the bottom half of the page, freeze, then tell me that it's unable to connect. Same with FB..

8 of 8 (1,164 Views)