HTC Aria Notification Bar

Teacher

HTC Aria Notification Bar

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before.  I searched as well as scrolled through the topics and I don't think I saw it.

I recently updated my HTC Aria to Android 2.2.  (I know, a bit late since it's been available for a while.)  All of the changes are fine with me except for one.  When I press the power button in order to turn the screen on (without actually unlocking the screen) to check if any new messages, emails, missed calls, etc have been received, "AT&T" comes up in the left corner of the notification bar for an incredibly long two seconds.  It also does this when an application is closed before showing the time, battery status, signal, etc. also.  I didn't realize how much I checked notifications this way until this changed.  Is there any way to turn this off?  I've checked in the settings, if it is there, I'm not seeing it.

Does anyone have any recommendations/solutions?  Any input would be great. 

Thanks in advance,

Teri

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: HTC Aria Notification Bar

I noticed this too when I had the Aria. I don't know of any way to stop it. I can tell you that it must have been something AT&T asked for on the device. The reason I know that is I have also had two different HTC devices on a different carrier and neither one would announce the carrier name like that. It was quite maddening to see the Aria flash that information when one is not used to seeing it. Smiley Sad
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

Shoot!  That is very disappointing if this is the case.  I appreciate your reply.

AT&T, is there any way to correct this?  Your logo and name are printed on the front of the phone, as well as "AT&T" showing when the screen is locked above the date and time.  I don't need to see it in the notification bar also.

Message 3 of 5
Master

Sorry, I wish I had better news.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Teacher

No worries, thanks again for the reply.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support