HTC Aria Help

Mentor

HTC Aria Help

Just bought this phone today (Upgrade from Tilt 2) and had a few questions..

How can I tell if my text message has sent or not?

Can I turn off the 3G like I could for the Tilt 2? (Don't want to drain battery when I'm not using it)

How do I Send/Receive for my mail?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 18 (1,698 Views)
Master

Re: HTC Aria Help

For the text message sent notification, open your text message application, press menu button, then settings. There should be a delivery reports or sent notification options there.

Turning 3g off. Couple of ways. 1. Long press the power button to get the power menu, there will be a mobile network option there to turn off or on the 3g. 2. Menu button > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > uncheck it to turn off. 3. Add the mobile network widget. It under the htc widgets then settings.

Email. You have to open the email application and add a new account i.e. your email address. Once added, you can go to the settings within the application to set your frequency for the app to check email address for new mail.

The manual can be found online at AT&T's website or on HTC's website. It I remember correctly most of these basics were explained in there.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 18 (1,681 Views)
Mentor

Oh ok thank you for your help. The main problem now is I have pictures and videos saved on a micro SD card from my old phone and I'm not sure how to place those items in the Aria itself. Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 18 (1,651 Views)
Master

Pictures taken by the Aria will be in a DCIM folder. You can create a folder on the SD card called pictures or whatever you prefer and copy your existing pictures there. You can create the folder by either mounting the phone as a disk drive with the USB cable to your computer and use windows explorer, or shut down the phone, take the card out and use a card reader.

You can also download a file explorer onto the phone from the Android Market. There are several. Estrongs or Astro are well recommended.

I am doing these instructions from memory and typing them from my phone so I am sure I'm not getting all the step by step.
Message 4 of 18 (1,608 Views)
Mentor

Everything you stated above worked. I have some songs saved on the SD card too and it told me it saved them to Playlist 1 on the phone but when I go to the music app it still says no music found. Why is that?

Message 5 of 18 (1,600 Views)
Master

It might depend on format the files are in. Were they old ringtones from the old phone?
Message 6 of 18 (1,574 Views)
Mentor

They were ringtones sent to me by my friends a long time ago. I can play them from the Aria but they won't save to the phone.

Message 7 of 18 (1,571 Views)
Master

Just so I understand, you can play the ringtones from the Aria through the music application? And you want to have them available as ringtones in the ringtone selection list?
Message 8 of 18 (1,557 Views)
Mentor

No I can play them through the Astro App and set them as a ringtone but they won't save to my music app for some reason. Also can I put a timer on when I want the phone to lock?

Message 9 of 18 (1,550 Views)
Master

Okay I don't know about how to fix music issues.
Screen timeout is located under Settings > sounds & display > scroll down to screen timeout.
Message 10 of 18 (1,545 Views)
Mentor

Oh ok thats fine. And no thats not what I meant for the screen. I have a pattern lock on my phone but everytime the backlight goes out it locks the phone and I don't want to unlock it each time. Is there a way for the pattern to only pop up every 30 minutes or so?

Message 11 of 18 (1,121 Views)
Master

dunkerguy89 wrote:

Oh ok thats fine. And no thats not what I meant for the screen. I have a pattern lock on my phone but everytime the backlight goes out it locks the phone and I don't want to unlock it each time. Is there a way for the pattern to only pop up every 30 minutes or so?

I have not use them, but I believer there are some apps available in the Market that let you disable the lock pattern and turn it back on without going into the settings.  That is only I can think of for you to do what you are asking about.

Message 12 of 18 (1,088 Views)
Mentor

Ok I'll look. Thank you for all your help.

Message 13 of 18 (1,080 Views)
Professor

dunkerguy89 wrote:

I don't have the Aria, but the HTC Desire Z.  On my phone, in the Settings where you pick the lockscreen type and create the pattern, there is a choice to change how long it takes before the phone locks.  You can pick up to 15 minutes.

Message 14 of 18 (1,028 Views)
Mentor

For some reason my phone doesn't give me that option. Not sure why.

Message 15 of 18 (1,020 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.