Helpful Links

HSUPA for all phones that can.

Tutor

HSUPA for all phones that can.

WOW!!! Look at all those posts relating to the HSUPA network AT&T.  That is one of the hottest topics out there right now.  How many BBB complaints have you received right now?  That is just the tip of the iceberg.  I would be expecting quite a few more within the next few weeks.  (Or until you give the HSUPA able devices the update to allow them to use it).  

Your allowing the IPhone and Ipad the ability to use it, and no other devices access to it, is clear and blatant proof that you are playing favorites when it comes to data privileges.  The BBB will easily be able to see what all of us are able to.  

Since there is proof that it is the modem that requires the update to be able to use HSUPA, we know that the Inspire can use your HSUPA if enabled with a modem from another source.  You can easily send out an update to enable those devices as they are already tested.  

My recommendation to avoid further customer loss, anger, and bad publicity would be to update those devices and give a date that it will be implemented to regain some merit. 

Message 1 of 9
Employee

Re: HSUPA for all phones that can.

Return the phone and have a nice day
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9
Guru

Sadly, JFiz's attitude is representative of AT&t's as a whole. Their service will either work or it won't, and if it doesn't, then hard cheese.

AT&T doesn't care. Their staff either lacks empathy or empowerment in varying degrees.

AT&T is a case study in how to turn a large company into a small one by fostering an attitude of utter contempt for the customer.
Message 3 of 9
Employee

I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't understand why people complain about a product if they don't have to use it. 

My feelings for this go with every product, not just those of AT&T.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9
Guru

Just keep doing what you do. You're just making my point for me.
Message 5 of 9
Master

nsayer wrote:
Just keep doing what you do. You're just making my point for me.

Smiley Very Happy - I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I suppose that's not the right attitude to have (as an AT&T employee). Oh well, I guess you can't control other's actions/words. They are free to their own opinion...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 9

JFizDaWiz wrote:

I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't understand why people complain about a product if they don't have to use it. 

We're not really complaining as much about the product as the false advertisement. If you don't provide "4G" or "HSUPA" then fine, but don't shout from the rooftops about your awesome 4G'ness to get butts into the store, then say well if you don't want our repackaged 3G no one made you buy it.

Stop lying. Problem solved.

Message 7 of 9
Professor

gr8danes wrote:

Your allowing the IPhone and Ipad the ability to use it, and no other devices access to it, is clear and blatant proof that you are playing favorites when it comes to data privileges.  

I'm not sure HSUPA is working on the iPhone and iPad right now. I've added 4.3.1 and so far the speeds aren't encouraging for uploads. In some areas with moderate signal (3 bars), speed tests I've only gotten 0.10-0.20 upload. But it depends on where I am indoors. Downspeeds have always been 2 MBPS average.

Message 8 of 9
Guru

In really good coverage areas (near work in Redwood City, CA), I've seen 1.5+ MB/sec upload speeds with my iPhone 4. Not sure if that's HSPA+ or not, but it's definitely better than the highest upload speed I ever saw with a 3GS back when I had one (~200-400 mb/sec if memory serves).

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support