Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Nov 8, 2011
6:10:34 PM
HP Veer Instant Rebate

I just purchased an HP Veer through the Premier Upgrade service. It said the phone would cost $199.00 with a $100.00 Instant rebate, when I went through the purchase, I got the data plan and all to qualify for the rebate, however when I cashed out it cost me over $200.00. Does the Instant rebate happen later or something? I thought it would be.. ya know.. Instant!

HP Veer Instant Rebate

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 9:40:00 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

This is probably likely due to the rate plan you selected. 

Here's a link to the criteria for the rebate: https://www.wireless.att.com/business/promos/promotions_popup.jsp?deviceName=HP%20Veer(TM)%204G%20(Black)&promotionId=promo11034100020

Basically - you have to select the eligible rate/data plans in order to qualify for the rebate. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HP Veer Instant Rebate

2 of 6 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 11:29:50 AM
(0)
Tutor
$100 off HP Veer(TM) 4G after instant rebate with qualified voice and data plan. Additional restrictions apply.

Limited-time offer. Requires a qualified 1-or 2-year service agreement for Corporate Responsibility Users (CRU) and requires a qualified 2-year service agreement for Individual Responsibility Users (IRU). Also requires activation on an AT&T voice plan with a Monthly Service Charge (MSC) of $39.99 or higher plus (i) for IRU customers a DataPlus Personal plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $15 or higher; (ii) for CRU customers a DataPro Personal Plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $25 or higher; or (iii) DataPro Enterprise plan or other eligible data plan with MSC of $40 or higher; or (iv) Smartphone International plan of $64.99/mo. or higher. On DataPro/DataPlus plans for Smartphone and iPhone, if you exceed your initial data allowance, you will automatically be charged an additional $10 for each additional 1GB provided on DataPro or an additional $15 for each additional 200MB provided on DataPlus. All data allowances, including overages, must be used in the billing period in which the allowance is provided. Access to corporate email, company intranet sites and business applications requires a DataPro Enterprise Plan. Offer cannot be combined with any other equipment promotion, discount or other offer. Subject to availability limitations. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment. Flat Rate plans, FamilyTalk® and Add a Line are eligible. 
That is the offer, correct? I purchased the $15/month data plan, at the same time as buying the phone. I also talked to the not so helpful customer chat service and they told me it would make me eligable for the rebate. I'm still confused, is it possible the rebate won't take effect until i activate my phone or something like that?

3 of 6 (258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 11:31:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Did you also select a Monthly Service Charge (MSC) of $39.99 or higher?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 1:57:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

I honesly don't understand what the monthly service charge actually means, but i have FamilyTalk Nation 700 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes, and the automaated chat thing told me that was definitly enough, along with the $15 data plan to qualify for the rebate.

5 of 6 (250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 2:05:01 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hmm....

Looks like you should have qualified for the rebate (based on the info here). 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? I'd like to have someone go over your order and make sure we're notmissing something. 

--------------

6 of 6 (247 Views)