HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN RINGTONES FOR LG VU 920

Tutor

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN RINGTONES FOR LG VU 920

I just bought the memory sd card and a usb cable and uploaded some music onto my phone but I dont know how to make my own ringtones. Please help! thanks!
Message 1 of 24 (26,430 Views)
Expert

Re: HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN RINGTONES FOR LG VU 920

Papa J wrote:
I must be doing something wrong.  I chopped a song using Audacity, exported it as an MP3 using LAME and put it on my phone. I had to use the Sync feature on Windows Media Player.  Here's the kicker, the phone doesn't recognize it as a ringtone.  It sends it to the Music Player in my phone but I can't select it as a ring tone.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong since the file is <300Kb.  Everything I've read says if your file is small enough and you load an MP3 to your phone it will automatically be under your ringtones.  Any suggestions?

Don't know if this will help you or not, but after my husband made ringtones for my Shine using Audacity, he sent them to me as a MMS message. When I got the message, I would VIEW the message, Options, View Attachment and save to my Audio/Ringtones file from there. THEN I could use that MP3 clip as a ringtone. I do NOT have an option to move ANY of my MP3 clips to the Audio/Ringtones folder from my Music Folder. So it seems that once they are placed in your Music folder, that is where they stay and will only play as music.

Hope this helps a little.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 16 of 24 (8,946 Views)
Contributor

hey, i cant seem to use a ringtone other than the ones that were already there on my lg neon. ...help?
Message 17 of 24 (5,747 Views)
Expert

What are you trying?? Are you making some of them yourself? If you are, be sure to keep them UNDER 300 kb.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 18 of 24 (5,735 Views)

I use www.myxertones.com its easy and Free!! 
Message 19 of 24 (5,703 Views)
Contributor

iunno, cuz when i click set ringtone and i look through my files, it says "3 files in this folder" so i click on it, but its empty. maybe its because the clips are too long, but the default ringtones are twice as long.
Message 20 of 24 (5,633 Views)
Contributor

I wanna make my own ringtones too. But I cant find the drivers for my phone. I bought the cable from At&T that hooks my phone to my computer, but under the Device manager it has a exslamation mark beside it, and On windows Xp it says the device is not working properly.

Hello Everyone I am new to the forum.

My name is Brock

Message 21 of 24 (2,622 Views)
Contributor

You need to go under connections and change the option from music sync to mass storage. Problem solved

Message 22 of 24 (2,013 Views)
Expert

Hi Brockisit...you may want to take a look at THIS THREAD that Sandspurious started on making your own ringtones.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 23 of 24 (1,977 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Get PavTube Ringtone Maker full version for FREE!!!
http://www.pavtube.com/promotion/2010-world-cup.html

Pavtube Ringtone Maker is a powerful ringtone maker software that supports convert any videos like AVI, WMV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, MKV, RM, XviD, MP4, H.264/AVC, AVCHD, M2TS, DAT, 3GP, VOB, etc, and audios such as MP3, M4A, MP2, MPA, WMA, AAC, AC3, MKA, OGG, AIFF, RA, RAM, WAV, APE, FLAC, etc into ringtones for playback on iPhone, PSP, Zune, iPod, etc.

How to make FIFA World Cup songs as ringtones

Message 24 of 24 (1,748 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.