Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 9, 2011
10:10:24 PM
View profile
HELP!!

i have an iphone 3G and its deactivated bc its my old phone and i switched carriers. i just want to know how to activate it just so i can use my wifi. since its not activated it wont let me use it.i dont want to jailbreak it or anything crazy, just a simple fix...anyone?

i have an iphone 3G and its deactivated bc its my old phone and i switched carriers. i just want to know how to activate it just so i can use my wifi. since its not activated it wont let me use it.i dont want to jailbreak it or anything crazy, just a simple fix...anyone?

HELP!!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 10:40:53 PM
(0)
Professor

you need to go thru the activation process thru Itunes. once it gets to the part where it says select data plan unplug the 3g from itunes and it will activate. i done this for my 2G  Iphone and it activated so i can use it as a WiFi device. also make  sure you have a sim card in it. does not need to be a active sim card.

you need to go thru the activation process thru Itunes. once it gets to the part where it says select data plan unplug the 3g from itunes and it will activate. i done this for my 2G  Iphone and it activated so i can use it as a WiFi device. also make  sure you have a sim card in it. does not need to be a active sim card.

hello!!!

Re: HELP!!

2 of 5 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 11:03:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

okay sweet. aand can you tell me how to go thru the activation on itunes bc i cant find it anywhere.

okay sweet. aand can you tell me how to go thru the activation on itunes bc i cant find it anywhere.

3 of 5 (271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 12:28:17 PM
(0)
Former Employee
An old iphone does not deactivate just because you terminate service. It should still work like an iPod touch. What is happening to make you think you can't access wifi?
An old iphone does not deactivate just because you terminate service. It should still work like an iPod touch. What is happening to make you think you can't access wifi?

4 of 5 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 6:39:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

sandblaster wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that the phone is stuck on the 'Connect to iTunes' screen and the OP is having trouble getting past that.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

sandblaster wrote:
The only thing I can think of is that the phone is stuck on the 'Connect to iTunes' screen and the OP is having trouble getting past that.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (205 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments