Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Feb 11, 2012
6:14:12 AM
HELP!

does anyone tell me how to contact at&t by call?
What is the number?

I am coming from other country, brought an iphone in us apple store , just got that it is LOCKED by at&T!!! i didnt sign any contract and service with this company, how could i apply to unlock my phone?

does anyone tell me how to contact at&t by call?
What is the number?

I am coming from other country, brought an iphone in us apple store , just got that it is LOCKED by at&T!!! i didnt sign any contract and service with this company, how could i apply to unlock my phone?

HELP!

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 6:40:30 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by karlcheong on Feb 11, 2012 at 6:43:12 AM

AT&T won't unlocks any iphones that is locked on its network,

If you need to bring the iphone oversea to use with local carriers, you must buy the unlocked version in apple store.
may be you can sell your locked phone on eBay or anywhere else?

AT&T won't unlocks any iphones that is locked on its network,

If you need to bring the iphone oversea to use with local carriers, you must buy the unlocked version in apple store.
may be you can sell your locked phone on eBay or anywhere else?

Re: HELP!

[ Edited ]
2 of 12 (541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 3:48:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
It's odd how apple sell 3x variations in there store
I've only known them to sell totally sim free iPhones

Btw ur only option is to send the phone back
After you have contacted apple about ur circumstance

Hope it turns out ok for you best of luck Smiley Wink
It's odd how apple sell 3x variations in there store
I've only known them to sell totally sim free iPhones

Btw ur only option is to send the phone back
After you have contacted apple about ur circumstance

Hope it turns out ok for you best of luck Smiley Wink

3 of 12 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 7:03:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Sigh!!!! Mine is iPhone 4!!! Not 4s!!! I brought it with full price without any discount. There were only two types iPhone they sold before 4s!!! One was discounted with contract with AT&T !! One was no contract but also locked by AT&T (I brought this one)
I brought it last year , I just knew it is locked when I back to hk, so I am using gevey sim!!
Apple will help resolve this case?
Sigh!!!! Mine is iPhone 4!!! Not 4s!!! I brought it with full price without any discount. There were only two types iPhone they sold before 4s!!! One was discounted with contract with AT&T !! One was no contract but also locked by AT&T (I brought this one)
I brought it last year , I just knew it is locked when I back to hk, so I am using gevey sim!!

4 of 12 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 7:12:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by GeekBoy on Feb 11, 2012 at 7:18:00 PM

nicnicchan wrote:

Actually, I believe starting in mid June, 2011 (See This Link) Apple started selling unlocked iPhone 4 devices in the Apple retail stores in the US.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

nicnicchan wrote:

Actually, I believe starting in mid June, 2011 (See This Link) Apple started selling unlocked iPhone 4 devices in the Apple retail stores in the US.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 12 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 7:17:44 PM
(0)
Professor

nicnicchan wrote:

If you knew it was locked before you went back to HK, what are you looking for Apple to do?  It was locked before you went there and it's locked now that you are there.  What's different now?

BTW, Apple started selling unlocked iPhone 4 a number of months months before the 4S was released, so for a while there were 3 types of GSM iPhone 4 sold by iPhone.

nicnicchan wrote:

If you knew it was locked before you went back to HK, what are you looking for Apple to do?  It was locked before you went there and it's locked now that you are there.  What's different now?

BTW, Apple started selling unlocked iPhone 4 a number of months months before the 4S was released, so for a while there were 3 types of GSM iPhone 4 sold by iPhone.

6 of 12 (369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 8:44:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nicnicchan wrote:

No, if you bought it last year, then you got one that says right there on the back that it was locked to AT&T. You can sell your year old phone to someone in the US, and buy a sim unlocked iPhone.

nicnicchan wrote:

No, if you bought it last year, then you got one that says right there on the back that it was locked to AT&T. You can sell your year old phone to someone in the US, and buy a sim unlocked iPhone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 12 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2012 10:16:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Unluckily, I brought it in May Smiley Sad

8 of 12 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 6:06:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nicnicchan wrote:

And you only just now discovered it was locked to AT&T?

nicnicchan wrote:

And you only just now discovered it was locked to AT&T?

9 of 12 (336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 6:58:32 AM
(0)
Guru

And just so you and everyone are clear, Apple is not going to help resolve this issue. Your phone is locked to AT&T, and that's not going to change (at least not through legitimate means via Apple or AT&T). Your best bet is to sell your phone and buy an unlocked HK handset.

nicnicchan wrote:

And just so you and everyone are clear, Apple is not going to help resolve this issue. Your phone is locked to AT&T, and that's not going to change (at least not through legitimate means via Apple or AT&T). Your best bet is to sell your phone and buy an unlocked HK handset.

nicnicchan wrote:

10 of 12 (332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 7:18:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
No, I discovered this when I back to hk last year, so I am using gevey sim. But it can't support if I upgrade my phone.. So seeking Help to solve before I can unlock it.
I think there is no solution beside selling it -.-
No, I discovered this when I back to hk last year, so I am using gevey sim. But it can't support if I upgrade my phone.. So seeking Help to solve before I can unlock it.
I think there is no solution beside selling it -.-

11 of 12 (329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2012 7:55:03 PM
(0)
Master

nicnicchan wrote:

NO Apple will not help.  You bought a non-contracted iPhone that is still locked to ATT.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

nicnicchan wrote:

NO Apple will not help.  You bought a non-contracted iPhone that is still locked to ATT.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

12 of 12 (311 Views)