Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 23, 2009
1:28:13 PM
View profile
HELP ~~ iTunes will not remove apps

Hi,

I have an iphone 3G running on OS 3.0.  I upgraded to 3.0 about 1 week after the release.  Just this week, I started noticing that my unchecked applications are rechecked again after I reconnect the iphone.  Here are the steps:

With the iphone connected and iTunes up -  

1.  I unchecked the applications I would like to remove from the iphone

2.  I then perform sync

3.  Verified that the applications that I have unchecked are still unchecked on the application list and that they are no longer on the phone

4.  I disconnect the iphone

5.  Later I reconnect the iphone to iTunes

6.  On my application list in iTunes, those applications I had unchecked are now checked.

I have rebooted my phone, PC (XP) and de-authorized an authorized, nothing worked.  I really don't want to perform an iphone restore if I can get away with it.

The only way for me to remove those applications I don't wish to be installed are to actually deleted them from the applications library as well as from the iphone by clicking on the 'x'.

I would like to keep those applications and not permanently delete them.

Please help. 

Thank you.

Hi,

I have an iphone 3G running on OS 3.0.  I upgraded to 3.0 about 1 week after the release.  Just this week, I started noticing that my unchecked applications are rechecked again after I reconnect the iphone.  Here are the steps:

2.  I then perform sync

3.  Verified that the applications that I have unchecked are still unchecked on the application list and that they are no longer on the phone

6.  On my application list in iTunes, those applications I had unchecked are now checked.

I have rebooted my phone, PC (XP) and de-authorized an authorized, nothing worked.  I really don't want to perform an iphone restore if I can get away with it.

The only way for me to remove those applications I don't wish to be installed are to actually deleted them from the applications library as well as from the iphone by clicking on the 'x'.

Please help. 

Thank you.

HELP ~~ iTunes will not remove apps

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2009 6:37:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

runway23 wrote:

Hi,

2.  I then perform sync

Please help. 

Thank you.

I think you might be missing one step between numbers 1 and 2.  After you uncheck the apps you would like removed, I think you need to click on "Apply" to save your choice into iTunes.  Just a thought.

runway23 wrote:

Hi,

2.  I then perform sync

Please help. 

Thank you.

I think you might be missing one step between numbers 1 and 2.  After you uncheck the apps you would like removed, I think you need to click on "Apply" to save your choice into iTunes.  Just a thought.

Re: HELP ~~ iTunes will not remove apps

2 of 7 (1,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2009 6:56:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

bkmjk wrote:

I don't think you actually need to his APPLY since when you click SYNC, it pretty much applies the changes.
This happened to me a few times and there's nothing you can really do about it except deleting the app from your phone manually. At least that's what I did to solve it. There are still a few trouble apps that won't uninstall via iTunes, though, but like I said, I just manually delete them and be done with it... 

bkmjk wrote:

I don't think you actually need to his APPLY since when you click SYNC, it pretty much applies the changes.
This happened to me a few times and there's nothing you can really do about it except deleting the app from your phone manually. At least that's what I did to solve it. There are still a few trouble apps that won't uninstall via iTunes, though, but like I said, I just manually delete them and be done with it... 

3 of 7 (1,374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2009 10:03:09 PM
(0)
Professor
How do you remove it from the phone manually? I'm having an issue with 2 icons that don't show up in iTunes so I can't remove them. There are lots of people reporting app issues over in the Apple forums. This is just one more quirk that comes with the 3.0 upgrade and not everyone has it so please- no negitive BS replies. I really hope 3.1 comes quick and fixes all the bugs.
How do you remove it from the phone manually? I'm having an issue with 2 icons that don't show up in iTunes so I can't remove them. There are lots of people reporting app issues over in the Apple forums. This is just one more quirk that comes with the 3.0 upgrade and not everyone has it so please- no negitive BS replies. I really hope 3.1 comes quick and fixes all the bugs.

4 of 7 (1,320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2009 10:08:43 PM
(0)
Master

DeidreC wrote:
How do you remove it from the phone manually?

From the iPhone, hold your finger on the application until the start to shake (as if you were going to move them).  Then tap the little "x" in the top left corner of the application to remove it from the iPhone.

DeidreC wrote:
How do you remove it from the phone manually?

From the iPhone, hold your finger on the application until the start to shake (as if you were going to move them).  Then tap the little "x" in the top left corner of the application to remove it from the iPhone.

5 of 7 (1,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2009 11:15:15 PM
(0)
Professor

DeidreC wrote:
If applications are not showing up on iTunes, just simple go to file, and click on transfer purchases. Once that is complete everything that you have purchased on your iPhone/iPod will be there in iTunes.

DeidreC wrote:
If applications are not showing up on iTunes, just simple go to file, and click on transfer purchases. Once that is complete everything that you have purchased on your iPhone/iPod will be there in iTunes.

6 of 7 (1,303 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2009 10:54:12 AM
(0)
Professor
Thanks, but neither of those were working until I did a restart and tried again. The icons are gone now. Very weird........
Thanks, but neither of those were working until I did a restart and tried again. The icons are gone now. Very weird........

7 of 7 (1,267 Views)