Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 28, 2011
9:02:13 PM
View profile
HELP PLEASE!! Motorola Atrix 4G is in a perpetual reboot loop
Edited by sthrasher87 on Mar 28, 2011 at 9:03:19 PM

Hey guys so I just got this phone for my birthday on saturday (3/26/11). Now im new to andriod but not unfamilar with it. I don't know what happened but my phone keeps turning on and off, essentially rebooting, and won't stop. Its been going on all day...

I've tried taking the battery, sim card, and sd card out and leaving it for 10-15 minutes before putting them all back in but that didn't help fix the problem. Eventually it died bc I was at work, so it remained off for several hours. After returning home and charging it, the phone is still in a reboot loop...

I read up on how to hard reset it to the factory setting in which I found two options.. the manual reset through the device itself (not an option as the phone wont let me back into because its locked). The second option seemed more realistic:

1. Turn the power off. If your Motorola ATRIX 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons
  3. Release the Camera button when prompted
  4. Press and hold the Volume Down key
  5. A yellow exclamation will appear on the display
  6. Select Factory Reset and press OK

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola ATRIX 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

The problem here is that my Atrix does not have a camera button built into the phone, it shows up on the screen when using the camera, so how am i do hard reset the phone??

I tried holding the phone where the camera button would be in if working correctly but that didnt do anything.

So... can anyone out there please help me figure out how to bring my phone back to normal????

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

Hey guys so I just got this phone for my birthday on saturday (3/26/11). Now im new to andriod but not unfamilar with it. I don't know what happened but my phone keeps turning on and off, essentially rebooting, and won't stop. Its been going on all day...

I've tried taking the battery, sim card, and sd card out and leaving it for 10-15 minutes before putting them all back in but that didn't help fix the problem. Eventually it died bc I was at work, so it remained off for several hours. After returning home and charging it, the phone is still in a reboot loop...

I read up on how to hard reset it to the factory setting in which I found two options.. the manual reset through the device itself (not an option as the phone wont let me back into because its locked). The second option seemed more realistic:

1. Turn the power off. If your Motorola ATRIX 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons
  3. Release the Camera button when prompted
  4. Press and hold the Volume Down key
  5. A yellow exclamation will appear on the display
  6. Select Factory Reset and press OK

All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola ATRIX 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

The problem here is that my Atrix does not have a camera button built into the phone, it shows up on the screen when using the camera, so how am i do hard reset the phone??

I tried holding the phone where the camera button would be in if working correctly but that didnt do anything.

So... can anyone out there please help me figure out how to bring my phone back to normal????

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

HELP PLEASE!! Motorola Atrix 4G is in a perpetual reboot loop

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2011 12:17:26 PM
(0)
Guru
Did you get it figured out? I believe on the Atrix, you hold the power and volume down button. Then volume down to toggle through the options, and volume up to select.
Did you get it figured out? I believe on the Atrix, you hold the power and volume down button. Then volume down to toggle through the options, and volume up to select.

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Motorola Atrix 4G is in a perpetual reboot loop

2 of 2 (2,833 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments