HELP Overpaid my bill by $7900.00. any help?

Tutor

HELP Overpaid my bill by $7900.00. any help?

Hello

I've overpaid my attwireless bill by 7900.00.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I need this resolved ASAP but talking with customer support seems like it's going to take a while and still not sure what needs to happen.  

Any Help?

Matt

Message 1 of 12 (851 Views)
Former Employee

Re: HELP Overpaid my bill by $7900.00. any help?

How?

Message 2 of 12 (830 Views)
Tutor

left out the decimal point, so 79.00 became 7900.00

Message 3 of 12 (821 Views)
Guru

I have to think that if you've made payments of $79.00 in the past AT&T should recognize it for the mistake that it is once you speak to them.

Message 4 of 12 (816 Views)
Former Employee

Yeah it's probably going to take a while but you need to call them. 611 from your cell or 1-800-331-0500.

Message 5 of 12 (810 Views)
Tutor

I have talked with 2 customer service reps, and both said they have never delt with this, though very nice not too helpful.
Message 6 of 12 (804 Views)
Professor

rival178 wrote:
I have talked with 2 customer service reps, and both said they have never delt with this, though very nice not too helpful.

Id like to have YOUR bank account...  How many days went by before you noticed you paid that much? You mean CSR couldnt transfer you to a Billing Department?  Ask for Accounting or Billing. Surely a company this large has both departments

Message 7 of 12 (794 Views)
Professor

rival178 wrote:

Hello

I've overpaid my attwireless bill by 7900.00.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I need this resolved ASAP but talking with customer support seems like it's going to take a while and still not sure what needs to happen.  

Any Help?

Matt

Wow, this has been since 10/16 and you haven't gotten any assistance. for a $7,900 mixup, id be jumping and screaming to get something done! Hve you followed up with ATT mangement?

Message 8 of 12 (734 Views)
Guru

With an over payment that large I'm surprised AT&T hasn't contacted you. 

Message 9 of 12 (721 Views)
Professor

Razr8 wrote:

Id be jumping at a 1 dollar overpayment.. For sure a $7,000+ overcharge is outrageous. If the poster doesnt poster doesnt post a followup, maybe he let the charge ride....Smiley Surprised
Message 10 of 12 (716 Views)
Former Community Manager

rival178 wrote:

Hello

Any Help?

Matt

Hi Matt - did you get this resolved? Please let us know!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 12 (597 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

[ Edited ]

RicoLX wrote:

Razr8 wrote:

Id be jumping at a 1 dollar overpayment.. For sure a $7,000+ overcharge is outrageous. If the poster doesnt poster doesnt post a followup, maybe he let the charge ride....Smiley Surprised

When I was first assessed the 911 fee I called CS to find out what it was all about, so if I made a mistake of that magnitude I'd definitely would be hounding AT&T to resolve the issue. I hope rival178 gets a satisfactory resolution.

Message 12 of 12 (597 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.