Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 23, 2008
5:22:36 AM
View profile
HELP!!! I'm not able to access rapidshare.com with (Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u)
Hi everyone...

I have an HP Pavilion tx 1119us Entertainment Notebook PC running on Windows Vista Home and I’m using Sierra Wireless AirCard 875U.

At first it worked just PERFECT! Suddenly and out of nowhere, I’m not able to access my premium account at rapidshare.com.

I tried every possible way I know to fix this, but with no hope.  What’s annoying is that I can browse the internet so smoothly, but when it comes to “rapidshare.com” internet explorer always displays:

((((Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad))) !!!!

Any idea why???!!!

Hi everyone...

I have an HP Pavilion tx 1119us Entertainment Notebook PC running on Windows Vista Home and I’m using Sierra Wireless AirCard 875U.

At first it worked just PERFECT! Suddenly and out of nowhere, I’m not able to access my premium account at rapidshare.com.

I tried every possible way I know to fix this, but with no hope.  What’s annoying is that I can browse the internet so smoothly, but when it comes to “rapidshare.com” internet explorer always displays:

((((Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad))) !!!!

Any idea why???!!!

HELP!!! I'm not able to access rapidshare.com with (Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u)

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 5:48:34 AM
(0)
Master
Well first of all, IE tends to be an issue for a lot of things.  Just as a trial, download and try maybe firefox, only on the rapidshare site to see if that works, if it works then IE is the issue, if it does not work then maybe there is an issue with your account.  If that is not the actual reason then maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers. 

It is extermely odd that you can goto any site except RapidShare.

-----------------------------------
Good luck with that.......
Well first of all, IE tends to be an issue for a lot of things.  Just as a trial, download and try maybe firefox, only on the rapidshare site to see if that works, if it works then IE is the issue, if it does not work then maybe there is an issue with your account.  If that is not the actual reason then maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers. 

It is extermely odd that you can goto any site except RapidShare.

-----------------------------------
Good luck with that.......

Re: HELP!!! I'm not able to access rapidshare.com with (Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u)

2 of 9 (4,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 6:00:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi…

Both Firefox & IE7 are not able to access rapidshare.com using my Aircard.  You won’t believe if I tell you that I formated my laptop two times, reinstalled all drivers including my Sierra Aircard Vista driver, but still no hope!!!!!!!!!!!

My rapidshare account is still valid and I can access it from any other workstation, but not my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn’t this weird?????!!!!!

I’ve been strugling with this issue for the past one month… & still doing so….

Hi…

Both Firefox & IE7 are not able to access rapidshare.com using my Aircard.  You won’t believe if I tell you that I formated my laptop two times, reinstalled all drivers including my Sierra Aircard Vista driver, but still no hope!!!!!!!!!!!

My rapidshare account is still valid and I can access it from any other workstation, but not my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn’t this weird?????!!!!!

I’ve been strugling with this issue for the past one month… & still doing so….

Re: HELP!!! I'm not able to access rapidshare.com with (Sierra Wireless AirCard 875u)

3 of 9 (4,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 7:17:21 AM
(0)
Master
It may not seem it right now, but I do in fact beleive you.  I dont beleive that AT&T is blocking fileshare accpunt access but since they are taking a stand on software piracy and stuff like that I would not put past them.  Does sound extremely odd that you can access the account from other systems but when using the aircard you get blocked.  I would call AT&T ask them to file a case from the Data Support department.
It may not seem it right now, but I do in fact beleive you.  I dont beleive that AT&T is blocking fileshare accpunt access but since they are taking a stand on software piracy and stuff like that I would not put past them.  Does sound extremely odd that you can access the account from other systems but when using the aircard you get blocked.  I would call AT&T ask them to file a case from the Data Support department.

4 of 9 (4,551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 8:03:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

So you mean I should stop digging?!

On the other hand, I tried accessing rapidshare.com through web based antiproxy sites, I succeeded to some extent.  I was able to access but not to download due to script blocking option.

Would this help in any way???

also I keep getting this message everytime I try to post here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Body: Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

When writing your message, remember to keep the language clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you mean I should stop digging?!

On the other hand, I tried accessing rapidshare.com through web based antiproxy sites, I succeeded to some extent.  I was able to access but not to download due to script blocking option.

Would this help in any way???

also I keep getting this message everytime I try to post here:

Message Body: Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

When writing your message, remember to keep the language clean.

5 of 9 (4,550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 4:24:01 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by stclair49 on Feb 26, 2008 at 6:22:15 AM
I tried my account. Works in both IE7 and Fire Fox.

That would be using my SW 860 to connect.

Message Edited by stclair49 on 02-26-2008 06:22:15 AM
I tried my account. Works in both IE7 and Fire Fox.

That would be using my SW 860 to connect.

Message Edited by stclair49 on 02-26-2008 06:22:15 AM

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (4,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2008 8:40:19 PM
(0)
Mentor
Are you able to access your account when connected through a source other than the Aircard?
Are you able to access your account when connected through a source other than the Aircard?

7 of 9 (4,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2008 5:14:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
As I mentioned earlier, Yes... I'm able to access my account from any other connection but not the air card.
As I mentioned earlier, Yes... I'm able to access my account from any other connection but not the air card.

8 of 9 (4,512 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2008 6:51:18 PM
(0)
Guru
Two things you can try.

First, disable any software firewall you have running, then see if you can connect. If you can, then you need to open one or more ports in the firewall.

Second, try using a different DNS service. I use OpenDNS with my AirCard and Sierra Wireless 3G Watcher communication software. FYI, OpenDNS is a free service.

http://www.opendns.com/
Two things you can try.

First, disable any software firewall you have running, then see if you can connect. If you can, then you need to open one or more ports in the firewall.

Second, try using a different DNS service. I use OpenDNS with my AirCard and Sierra Wireless 3G Watcher communication software. FYI, OpenDNS is a free service.

http://www.opendns.com/

9 of 9 (4,469 Views)