HELP I CAN'T CALL MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

HELP I CAN'T CALL MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

Okay normally while sending texts to my girlfriend I have absolutely no trouble at all, but the past few days..have been a real pain in my side.

I have T-Mobile and she is the one with AT&T.

I have friends from every network in the US, and never have any problems texting them.

My girlfriend in the only one I have trouble communicating with.

Now at first it was just a texting problem and my girlfriend and I decided to call each other instead of text each other seeing as how there has always been some problems and delays in our texts.

Recently we started to call each other really frequently, nearly every single day and several times a day. Normally we call each other about once or twice a week.

She seems to be getting all my text messages in the span of 10-Minutes ALL AT ONCE instead of one at a time.

Now the text messages not getting to her is not my biggest concern, my biggest concern is now my CALLS are not getting to her. It never used to be a big problem, we could just call each other if we really wanted to talk but now we can't even do that.

I have called her three times today and through other means of communication she claims she's never gotten those calls and several times we have talked VOIP and I called her on my phone with both of us in prime ideal cell phone locations with full signals and she never received my call even though we both heard the call go through on my phone.

Also we have tried it the other way around and that worked a few times her calling me instead of the other way around but now that doesn't even work.

How can a company allow something like this?

I can understand text messages not being a priority but now not even calls get through?

At first I thought this was merely a wifi calling problem, but when I went into the city and had full 4G signal she STILL didn't get my calls, and she lives in a metropolis with the best wireless coverage in the United States although AT&T usually has call loss and signal problems just about EVERYWHERE.

My girlfriend is seriously considering switching to Verizon Wireless now that her contract is up and I have both Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile and I've tried BOTH my phones and neither with T-Mobile nor Verizon Wireless is she receiving my calls even when in ideal situations.

Now I'm planning on one last experiment before I make my girlfriend and her dad switch to another company.

My grandma has AT&T and an iPhone 4G(although she does not get 4G at her house or anywhere near where she lives for some reason) my girlfriend has the original iPhone that came out when the first iPhones were released to the public.

For some odd reason I have absolutely no trouble receiving texts and calls from my grandma yet are having tons of problems with receiving and sending the same to my girlfriend. My girlfriend lives in California and I live in northern Nevada.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, or whether or not I should just convince her dad to switch them to another provider, please let me know, I really miss hearing my girlfriend's beautiful voice and would rather not call her house phone for fear her dad might get angry at me.

Message 1 of 11

Re: HELP I CAN'T CALL MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

Also if anyone else has a similar problem like this I would love to hear about it.

Okay now this is a major problem, not even calling her on the house phone works!

I tried calling her phone from my house phone and not even that gets through to her.

Update: I had her turn her phone off and back on again and it seems to have allowed her to receive my calls, but for how long is anyone's guess. Texts still have frequent long delays. She still hasn't received my voice mails, even though I've recorded at least 6 in the past 24hrs.

Message 2 of 11
ACE - Professor

Thank you for posting, but this isn't really iPhone related, nor (if I read your post correctly) AT&T related.

If you cannot call your girlfriend on her home and her cell, it sounds like your number is being blocked. Probably by her dad.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Professor

kingtidus390 wrote:

My grandma has AT&T and an iPhone 4G(although she does not get 4G at her house or anywhere near where she lives for some reason)

Very simple reason for that, there is NO 4G iPhone.

There is an iPhone 4 but it is not a 4G device.

Message 4 of 11
Professor

It seems like at the very least your girlfriend needs to be the one calling ATT if she believes she's having trouble with her network connection. No one here knows the specifics of her problem, if there us even one, so no one knows why you can't talk to your girlfriend.
Message 5 of 11
Tutor

That's strange.  I have no problem calling her!

Message 6 of 11

No I tried calling her cell with my home phone and my cell phone, but if you read above I fixed that problem. I'm still having texting problems such as her not getting my texts until 15 minutes after I sent them and then all at once.
Message 7 of 11

Oh thanks for letting me know.
Message 8 of 11
Tutor

GET AWAY FROM AT&T AS SOON AS YOU CAN, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.  IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY DAY

Message 9 of 11
Master

NEECH wrote:

GET AWAY FROM AT&T AS SOON AS YOU CAN, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.  IT'S GETTING WORSE EVERY DAY

It'd only be "too late" if you spent a second past your initial 30-day buyer's remorse policy. Other than that, it's not really too late if you're not locked into a contract? Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 10 of 11
Contributor

There is no fixing this problem. At&t could care less about the fact that we pay our 150 a month bill on time every month and very calmly do every trouble shooting technique possible. They will not help and they do not sympathize. I very nicely explained why I do not want to pay 150 bucks a month for terrible service and they flat out said no to me cancelling early. Their resonse was, "the contract clearly states that we cannot guarantee 100% service". My response to that was, "well even 75% service would be better than what you're giving".
Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support